The probabilities (risks) of getting infected by HIV

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#13 whitestalion

whitestalion
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 07:00 PM

if you did catch hiv or another disease, would you say/think the same???, i think most wouldn't, sounds a bit like ideals/talk in the tread ' "Gift-giving" and "bug-chasers" ', but, your saying at the same time you use protection, so you should be safe, but your right about the stats, if its 1/100, and you have had 100 lb's then you've got yourself in the danger zone, but for the protection to save you, and that is what most here are saying, use protection!, and be safe, and if your going to date, then get tests before going bare-back!
i did some search on the google, (the google expert ;) ), and got some "interesting facts",
condoms reduce infection by 80-95%, which means, 1/100 goes to (at 80%) 1/8000, and at 95% goes to 1/9500, and if you do get 9500 lb's be sure to tell the rest of us and get references so we can put you forward for the guiness book of records for lb-lover!,

and i wanna know, who's been a naughty boy and been lying??? (i am gonna avoid plagiarism and quote sources!)

Sex, Lies and HIV

* 34% of men and 10% of women have told lies in order to have sex.
* 68% of men and 59% of women have been involved with more than one person that their current partner doesn¹t know about.
* 47% of men and 42% of women would understate the number of their previous partners in order to convince someone to have sex.

"Sex, Lies and HIV," The New England Journal of Medicine, (March 15, 1990) -- the results of a study of 665 southern California college students
there can never be enough sex!
(formerely silentone)

#14 SeekingInfo

SeekingInfo
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 05:24 PM

According to them the probabilities (risks) of being infected by HIV by a SINGLE unprotected sexual encounter
Penile/oral: Risk for the penetrator 0,05/1000

I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to comment on this. To my understanding (based on some major OCD research for nearly 6 years on the topic), there have been no documented cases of someone getting HIV from RECEIVING a blowjob. The hypothetical risk of getting is based on the assumption that the blowjob GIVER has an open sore with blood flowing, in the mouth.

However the highest rate of new herpes infections in the genital region is Herpes Type 1 (oral) being transmitted to the genitals by someone's mouth. It doesn't cause outbreaks as bad as Type 2 (genital) herpes does, but its extremely common to get type 1 "downstairs" from a blowjob. Many guys will get it and never have an outbreak however. Those that do may only have 1.

Id say in general if you're going to receive unprotected oral from someone, at the very least, make sure you give her a tequila shot to gargle with first, or pin her down and give her some listerine. You have a higher risk of her having any number of STD's in her mouth from a previous patron than anything else. :)

Ahh the joys of STD talk...

#15 daones

daones
  • Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 05:26 PM

So if i were to get a blowjob and got herpes but didnt get an outbreak there would be no other signs that I had it? So i could have it now and not know?

#16 fembryo

fembryo
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 09:21 PM

Sometimes it can takes a while for signs to appear, I would recommend sexual health tests if you have frequent sex with unknown partners.

I've been a few times and its quite stressful but on the plus side it a) makes the risks apparent and makes you realise how infinitely stupid you are if you don't take precautions and b) you get free condoms and lubrication which is always nice :)

#17 hxa2001

hxa2001
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 07:03 PM

those figures seem very low to me- surely much higher in reality if u take into consideration the amount of people that actually have hiv.

Interesting how most people really dont understand statistics. The above post is rather appalling. Anyway, for those who have middle school mathematics knowledge or basic logical skills, the fact is that very few people have HIV and the risk of getting it when not using condom is anyway not very high. Multiply those two numbers, you get a very low overall risk. I have known people worrying so much about a few minutes playing without condom... with someone who did not even have HIV. Well... Sorry, commenting on old post...

#18 rayton

rayton
  • Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 05:20 AM

those figures seem very low to me- surely much higher in reality if u take into consideration the amount of people that actually have hiv.

Interesting how most people really dont understand statistics. The above post is rather appalling. Anyway, for those who have middle school mathematics knowledge or basic logical skills, the fact is that very few people have HIV and the risk of getting it when not using condom is anyway not very high. Multiply those two numbers, you get a very low overall risk. I have known people worrying so much about a few minutes playing without condom... with someone who did not even have HIV. Well... Sorry, commenting on old post... Hello from China.

i believe in facts not stats. i've been told by a person that used to do tests that over 50% have hiv in pattaya (out of maybe 200 tested). a guy on another board has just tested 30, and 8 came back positive, and a few refused to get tested.

thats why all these 5 in a thousand type stats don't wash with me, as it would suggest those infected have been fucked bareback by hiv positive guys 200 times on average, and as most people rubber up i think this figure is unrealistic. many LBs will have done bareback but if 1 in 5 guys doing bareback have HIV, then the LBs would need to have fucked by 1,000 guys bareback.
i doubt the average LB in pattaya would have been fucked by 1000 guys in her life, and as most of us rubber up (lets say 9/10 of us do), that means these LBs have been fucked by 10,000 guys.

see why i don't believe stats now? :P (ps. i know the above is rambling nonsence from me but i think it sort of illustrates my point that there would be many less HIV cases if the initial stats are believed)

#19 freebirdabc

freebirdabc
  • Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 07:20 PM

Uh, ah, another HIV Thread. She got another std, she got infected 2 weeks ago, she's doing drugs (her immune system is trashed) and you can get the chance easily down to 1:100...

Most of them (all) are on the receiving side so their chance to catch something is quite good...
The Hotel dose not accept customer from these countries; China, Israle, India, Russia and Arab Countries.

#20 Guest_kaiwanmak_*

Guest_kaiwanmak_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 December 2010 - 11:26 AM

a bar girl in patong told me the thai doc said that 80 percent of the whores in town have hiv. use your heads guys, its a filthy fuckin sess pool of public pussy n colon over there. even some ugly girls are fucking 200 guys a year, shit its not always the hot ones that have to work so hard, they get men to fall in luv so they dont have too remember, the guy goes back home, she lives of the money n fucks cute farangs when she feels like it ofcourse still for pay, shes a whore in mind n spirit. id guess about half have hiv/aids. be carefull.

#21 jay_c_154

jay_c_154
  • Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 07:32 PM

Yep - i'd have to agree with that last statement. Publishing "statistics" on this site stating such low numbers is extremely irresponsible. I've no clue as to the exact amount of lb's that have HIV but considering the sheer number of sexual partners that ladyboys have and the fact that anal is the most common type of sex the numbers must be high. A lot higher than the general population. The risk of HIV infection in a lb encounter compared to a regular sexual encounter is fucking enormous. 

#22 jay_c_154

jay_c_154
  • Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 08:09 PM

according to reuters there could be up to 30% infection...

http://timesofindia....ow/44487005.cms

#23 jfrank

jfrank
  • Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 12:16 AM

so bare backing presents a risk. > no shit :)

what about rimming?

#24 manpower

manpower
  • Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 09:41 AM

Wear condoms boys geez.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci