Honesty at Cascades

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 stonefre

stonefre
  • Members
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 04:17 AM

I wanted to take a moment and relay this story as it is so postive. I know a lot of the time I'm in Thailand it feels like everyone is after the farang's cash and in most cases it is probably true. I had a situation that caught me a bit by surprise. I was in Cascades and having a great time. As I had been to serveral other bars throughout the evening I had a bit of a buzz and at time to pay and leave with the LB I chose I accidentally mistook a 500 baht note for a 50 when paying up. Mamasan immediately noticed the overpayment and returned me the 500. I know if I had made this mistake in other bars that money would be long gone. I thought it was a class move on the Mamasan's part. Anyone else have a similar experience?

#2 bond

bond
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 06:37 PM

Yes, same experience with the notes of 50 and 500. I was at Phuket in Soi Eric (Patong Beach). I have forgotten the name of the bar. The cashier was a young girl and she told me immediately that I had overpaid. Nice experience!

#3 Kiss

Kiss
  • Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 04:17 AM

Was this the Mamasan named "Bee", about mid-30s gay man?
He is very nice indeed! I still remember him, wehn he was in Cascade bar the first time around, when he was trained to do the Mamasan job by Tak.
As you said, this money would have been long gone in almost any other bar!

#4 stonefre

stonefre
  • Members
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 12:21 AM

Was this the Mamasan named "Bee", about mid-30s gay man?
He is very nice indeed! I still remember him, wehn he was in Cascade bar the first time around, when he was trained to do the Mamasan job by Tak.
As you said, this money would have been long gone in almost any other bar!

I think that was him. Wore hair in two pigtails.

#5 Kiss

Kiss
  • Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 04:56 AM

Pigtails? That does not sound like Bee, he doesn't wear his hair long enough to do pigtails. There is another gay man mamasan at Cascade bar, with longer hair, who used to work in Obsession bar, so I am guessing it's him. But I like Bee much better than the long haired one.

#6 sublimefolly

sublimefolly
  • Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 05:56 AM

I I accidentally mistook a 500 baht note for a 50 when paying up. Mamasan immediately noticed ?

I feel embarassed to say this....but the same thing happened to me in Stringfellows, Pattaya, in 2006. But unlike your experience, the Mamasan there just brought it to the attention of EVERYONE in the club - and all the LBs just....laughed. You live and learn.

#7 Kiss

Kiss
  • Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 05:14 AM

That Mamasan in Stringfellows is a total nuisance!
I can't believe the owner still hasn't gotten himself a proper one.
Is good staff that hard to find?
Stringfellows could be a much better bar without that bitch.

#8 ma-kore

ma-kore
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 04:41 PM

#19 at cascades is a stunner, I didnt BF though... just got back last week. Stuck to the women :)

#9 Crackerjax

Crackerjax
  • Members
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 07:53 PM

Haha Stonefre!

After going thru various posts here I can see a pattern to your recent travels in lovely LB Land - buzzed at Cascades, passed out at Guess. :P

You like to get wasted and fuck around with ladyboys - a man after my own heart!

#10 stonefre

stonefre
  • Members
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 10:11 PM

Haha Stonefre!

After going thru various posts here I can see a pattern to your recent travels in lovely LB Land - buzzed at Cascades, passed out at Guess. :P

You like to get wasted and fuck around with ladyboys - a man after my own heart!

Well there are not many things to do in a LB bar but one of them is drink. :D

#11 Danny3

Danny3
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 04:44 AM

I am pleased someone else thinks the Mamasan in Stringfellows is a nuisance,i posted on Stringfellows web page about her telling me to buy a ladyboy a drink,despite the fact i had told the ladyboy that i would not take her,and i would prefer to sit alone and choose who i wanted,i have no problem buying drinks,but i like to choose myself who i buy one for.
I posted a very polite and with many positive remarks about stringfellows on his site,and Bob completely slagged me off,and even suggested i had an axe to grind,even though i stated i had never met him,and i did state that i live in Thailand,so i am not a newbie,in fact his Mamasan,was very rude and aggresive,which i did not say,i think he deserves her with the response i got from him.

#12 ST_1728

ST_1728
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 02:21 PM

Believe the mamasan in question at Cascade is Yo. He recognizes the importance of honesty and repeat business.

I am not surprised that he would have made sure you were aware of the error, although plenty of big spenders drop 500 and 1,000 baht tips pretty regularly at Cascade and Obsession (both bars along with a dozen or so other in NEP, are owned by the same group). However I would have expected one of the service lads to have copped the 500 baht note and subbed a 50 baht given the chance. Often the service person, when taking cash from a customer, will strategically place their thumb over the last zero on a 1,000 or 500 in hopes of misleadng the patron.

I once gave a 1,000 baht tip by accident at a beer bar in NEP, meaning to give a 100. I went back a few hours, mentioned my possible error and the 1,000 baht note was produced in seconds. I ended up giving more than 100 back out of respect for the honesty shown.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci