What bar in BKK to visit ?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Asterix

Asterix
  • Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 12:46 AM

I'm planning a trip to thailand with a group of friends (who know nothing about my ladyboy hobby).

We will be staying in Bkk for a while and then touring around in thailand.

P4P isn't my thing - but I would like to experience a ladyboy bar in bangkok. Is it accepted in most bars if you only go there to have a few beers and don't want to barfine any of the girls ?

I would like to experience a bar where you can have a bar without being "attacked" by several girls at a time.

What bare would you guys recommend ? I'll try to sneak away from my friends when we are in Bkk to pay it a visit.

#2 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 01:23 AM

I'd probably suggest Guess Bar.

It's a bit more relaxed and a BAR rather than a gogo. I'm not saying there is no pressure to indulge in P4P, but there's certainly less than in the LB gogos in Nana and Patpong.

Saying that, it is very acceptable to enter any of the bars without taking anyone. It's never expected, only encouraged. As long as you buy a drink everything will be cool.

Dating ladyboys in Thailand Thai Friendly 

Meeting ladyboys around the world My Ladyboy Date

Best Thailand (and global) hotel deals Discounted Hotels

#3 koykaeng

koykaeng
  • Members
  • 6,477 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 02:36 AM

The short answer is..............................Guess Bar.

Take a seat at the bar itself, and proceed to the couches at your own peril. :lol:

Cheers
Koykaeng
Sign in pub "In case of fire - break glass". Now my beer's gone everywhere, and there's still a fire.

#4 Asterix

Asterix
  • Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 04:21 AM

Thanks guys, sounds like Guess bar is the place to go.

I will of course buy a couple of drinks while I'm there. Not much point in visiting a bar if you aren't going to buy a drink.

#5 Asterix

Asterix
  • Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 08:49 AM

The short answer is..............................Guess Bar.

Take a seat at the bar itself, and proceed to the couches at your own peril. :lol:

Cheers
Koykaeng

He he, what happens if I move on to the couches ? Will anyone who moves on to the couches be prey to the lb's ?

#6 AdventureDude

AdventureDude
  • Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 09:16 AM

I've been having some fun lately at KC3. Last Saturday night, I stopped in and there were at least 30 dropdead gorgeous ladyboys on the stage and waiting their turn. All shapes and sizes could easily be found. Another 10-15 who were "only" very cute.

I had stopped going there awhile back because it seemed overwhelming and I often felt heavily pressured. The past couple of weeks have been quite pleasant. I've not been pressured for drink after drink nor had undue pressure to have a ladyboy sit with me. A very polite 'no, thank you' has been accepted. When I've had one or two sit with me, they have been sweet and attentive. Drinks are not expensive for either ladyboy or customer compared to many GG bars anyway.

KC3 is CURRENTLY a nice alternative to the always recommended Guess Bar. IMHO if you're used to GG go-go bars, KC3 should be no problem.

#7 Kahuna

Kahuna
  • Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 12:35 PM

He he, what happens if I move on to the couches ? Will anyone who moves on to the couches be prey to the lb's ?

They have this marvelous exercise in Guess Bar referred to as the "Pillow Job."

It's definitely worth moving to a sofa to be preyed upon by the lovely girls...

Cheers,

Kahuna

#8 BKKTourist

BKKTourist
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 11:38 AM

thanks for the info. Can you let me know the street address for Guess and KC3 as I am new to BKK. Thanks

#9 Kahuna

Kahuna
  • Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 11:06 PM

Since no one else has come to your rescue, I'll do my best to give you directions...

The Guess Bar is located on Sukhumvit Road, Soi 1, a 5 minute walk from NEP (Nana Entertainment Plaza) on Soi 4...Cross Sukhumvit at the intersection of Soi's 3 and 4 (even numbered soi's on one side...odd numbers on the other) and turn left and cross Soi 3 and keep walking...it's just down a bit on the right...If you do a search, I'm sure you'll find a map on this forum...

Kings Castle III (KC3) is on Soi Patpong 1...Patpong Soi's 1 and 2 run between Silom and Suriwong Roads...Just grab a taxi and you'll have no problem getting there...just a short ride from NEP...A very large tourist shopping and bar area...

I'm not certain, however, that I would recommend KC3 to a first time visitor...at least until after you get your feet wet at Guess or NEP...KC3 is a mix of perhaps 50/50 pre and post ops...and they tend to be very competitive and assertive...it's also a major tourist destination and can sometimes be filled with farangs who just stopped in to be able to tell the folks back home that they actually saw a katoey...although they have likely already seen dozens, they just didn't recognize what they saw...

If you don't fall in love at least half a dozen times in Guess Bar, head over to Obsessions, Cascades and Temptations at NEP...I personally think you'll have a much better experience there drooling over and into the 100+ lovely girls then you will at KC3...

If you can't find maps on the forum, let me know and I'll see if I can PM them to you...

And post the dates of your trip in the Classifieds Forum...I'll wager you'll find someone to meet up with to help with your introduction to ladyboy heaven...Most of these guys will do almost anything for a free beer...

Enjoy...

Kahuna

#10 BKKTourist

BKKTourist
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 11:05 AM

thank you most kindly for your prompt reply. this is much appreciated.

#11 wiild1

wiild1
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 08:19 PM

Thanks Kahuna for the directions. When I was in Bangkok last time, almost two years ago, I never went to Guess bar, just NEP ....I didn't see anything in the forums about Guess Bar at that time, could it be that it is less than 2 years old? Anyway, will pay it a visit the weekend Aug 24-26......can't wait :-)

#12 Kahuna

Kahuna
  • Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 01:20 AM

Here's a map to Guess and surrounding area...Good hunting guys...

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci