Visa requirements, etc....

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ciarlatano

ciarlatano
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 07:35 AM

Can anyone fill me in on what Thailand requires for visas, etc. I'm getting a totally contradictory info. I'm coming from the US, and in my travels have required nothing but a passport. I lived in the Netherlands for two years with nothing but that. Any info would be appreciated. I'm thinking about going for a month or so, business and always pleasure.

#2 Recoil111

Recoil111
  • Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 02:51 PM

As a German-citizen you get a 30-days tourist visa on arrival (a valid passport is all you need). You only need a visa if you want to stay more then 90 days in a 6 months period.

I am sure this is same same for US-citizens.

#3 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 02:56 PM

For 1 to 2 months you can get a 60 day visa from the Thai consulate in your country of origin.

ALternatively will get an automatic 30 day visa on entry with a US passport, and if you want to stay for more than 30 days you can get a 7 day extansion (1900bht - one time only) or take a visa run and cross any 'official' border, which will obviously give you another 30 days upon re-entry.

For longer stays it starts to get a bit more complicated. There are other posts on this.

Dating ladyboys in Thailand Thai Friendly 

Meeting ladyboys around the world My Ladyboy Date

Best Thailand (and global) hotel deals Discounted Hotels

#4 ciarlatano

ciarlatano
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 07:35 AM

Can anyone fill me in on what Thailand requires for visas, etc. I'm getting a totally contradictory info. I'm coming from the US, and in my travels have required nothing but a passport. I lived in the Netherlands for two years with nothing but that. Any info would be appreciated. I'm thinking about going for a month or so, business and always pleasure.

#5 Recoil111

Recoil111
  • Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 02:51 PM

As a German-citizen you get a 30-days tourist visa on arrival (a valid passport is all you need). You only need a visa if you want to stay more then 90 days in a 6 months period.

I am sure this is same same for US-citizens.

#6 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 02:56 PM

For 1 to 2 months you can get a 60 day visa from the Thai consulate in your country of origin.

ALternatively will get an automatic 30 day visa on entry with a US passport, and if you want to stay for more than 30 days you can get a 7 day extansion (1900bht - one time only) or take a visa run and cross any 'official' border, which will obviously give you another 30 days upon re-entry.

For longer stays it starts to get a bit more complicated. There are other posts on this.

Dating ladyboys in Thailand Thai Friendly 

Meeting ladyboys around the world My Ladyboy Date

Best Thailand (and global) hotel deals Discounted Hotels

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci