Phuket hotel Q

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 69trophy

69trophy
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 01:46 PM

Can anyone recommend one of those small hotels near or in the Royal Paradise Hotel Complex? They seem a little quieter and cheaper. I stayed in one called literally, "The Place to Stay" but want to try something different. And I want to be about 5 minutes or less from the action.

#2 rslicker

rslicker
  • Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 12:44 AM

You could try the Pong Torn guest house 207/10 Rat-u-thit Road in Patong. It's near (almost opposite) Christin Massage which everyone in Patong will know. It's currently 400baht/night and it's where I go on the odd night when I'm in Patong. The rooms have only just been re-decorated and are like new. There's also a Russian hotel nearby on Rat-u-thit Road just south of Christin Massage, I can't recall the name but it has a huge banner outside advertising rooms with breakfast and free internet for 400 baht. I haven't stayed there yet but will try it on my next foray into Patong. Both hotels are about 5 mins easy walk from Soi Bangla where the action is.

Hope this helps

#3 69trophy

69trophy
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 05:35 PM

Thanks for the room tip. I'll check it out for one night at least but that price is kinda cheap. Do they have room safes, TV or fridges?

#4 rslicker

rslicker
  • Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 06:15 PM

The place is very small, but don't get fooled by the outside or the price; I don't stay in fleapits, just clean, basic, reasonably priced hotels. The rooms are very clean (like brand new hotel clean) and have fridge and cable TV but no safes. Not sure if they have lobby safes. Inside the room I would put on a par with the Aloha Villa, which last time I looked was charging 2000+ baht per night in high season.

The last time I stayed there was some building work going on next door and I made a note to stay in a room on the left side of the corridor next time so there should be no worries.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci