• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 PUCHAILAW

PUCHAILAW
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 06:32 AM

RAMI

I personally have a lot of respect for you and what you are trying to accomplish with this forum.

With that said, I do have a question (complaint) for you ...

This morning I posting some comments in a topic entitled "Email From DannyBoy" ...

When I returned to the forum this evening, I found the topic locked and all the posts (including mine) erased ....

With all due respect, while I appreciate that this is your forum and you have final authority over the board, I must say that in this case I think you over-reacted ....

The poster (who I don't know) was trying to explain that he requested a girl to meet him at the airport in BKK and then they would return to his hotel together .... While it might have been bad judgement for him to post personal communications between himself and the LB, as long as he was quoting correctly, I believe it was his right to do so ...

I think he was just trying to point out that he was (in his opinion) being ripped off by the girl who quoted him an outrageous $$$$ for an overnight stay....

My post (which you also deleted) was just to try to give him some guidance as to what he was experiencing .... Bottom line, I told him paying 6000 baht for an overnight stay was just plain silly .....

I made NO negative comments about the LB in question and for that matter neither did the original poster .... His comments were in good taste and so were mine - SO WHY DELETE THE ENTIRE TOPIC ???

Is it possible you know the girl in question and you didn't like what was being said about her ????

This is a new forum .... It is one of the few places on the Net where we can talk about LB's without the constant flaming that occurs on other boards ....

I would like to particpate often in this forum - BUT with all due respect, I think you have to use that DELETE button more carefully .... You are perfectly right to lock any topic you think is not in the interest of the majority of the members, but deleting posts is something you should take very seriously ..... Just because something written might strike you as inappropriate, it is not your right to delete any posts that you personally don't like ..... at least IMHO

just my 2 cents - my compliments to you on a great web-site and please keep up the good work ... I will be in BKK the month of June and would love to buy you a Beer or 2 .....

#2 dannyboy71

dannyboy71
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 06:57 AM

I agree 100% with you PUCHAILAW, and you are correct that the moderator, Rami, is friends with Angie. She told me as much in one of her e-mails, so I'm sure he was under pressure from her to delete the posts because she saw them as bad for her business.

I think what Rami needs to do is set the objective for this board and the ground rules that follow from that. Is this board for open and honest discussion of ladyboys, both good and bad? Or is this board strictly for advertisements and "where to find them" type of talk?

Rami mentioned a "no quotations or real e-mail" rule. While I think cutting and pasting e-mails is ethically questionable behavior and I can see why he would want to rule that out, it seems strange that one would say "no quotations" since the gist of many posts on this board is to relate personal information about specific ladyboys, none of which could be related if the ladyboy in question did not tell the person making the post. What we seem to have in this case is Rami deciding that either
A) what I was saying is not true or
B) he didn't like what I was saying

In either case the removal of my posts was subjective censorship, and that is a very fast way for a medium of any kind to lose credibility. It's a shame because as PUCHAILAW mentioned there are not any other boards to my knowledge that specialize in this specific subject, and this could be a great medium for information exchange for which we would all benefit. But if it's going to be censored on the "what the moderator likes and doesn't like" criteria, then it loses all benefits to the users.

#3 ladyboyh

ladyboyh
  • Members
  • 774 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 01:21 PM

Guys, the problem is, I dont need wars around this place, same like bkktonight etc. The original post was on the board more than 10 days from what I remember, believe me, we all got the point regarding this or another kind of service provided or quoted. I suggest to give the other side time to think the situation over and improve it, and I personally did some steps toward it. I hope you got satisfactory answers. No more posts needed regarding this issue. Thanks for understanding.
-=Hunting High&Low=-

#4 PUCHAILAW

PUCHAILAW
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 May 2005 - 06:56 PM

Rami

a direct quote from your last response:
"No more posts needed regarding this issue."

As the moderator/owner of this forum, don't you understand how inappropriate comments like that are. It is the same form of censorship as deleting the post completely .....

You should not try to direct or force any conversation to your personal views or way of thinking ....

The issue that I am discussing now is far more important than Dannyboys bad experience with one LB - what I am discussing is really at the core of any public forum and that is the members right to voice an opinion even if it is not the same as the moderator ....

This forum can be a wonderful place for all of us to discuss our favorite hobby - but you must realize that sometimes the discussions can't always be lighthearted and fun - sometimes we need to discuss more serious matters ..... and censorship is about as serious as it gets

There are certainly valid reasons for you to censor someone - racist comments, vulgar language, personal attacks - malicious lies said about someone, etc ....

But none of the comments made by me or Dannyboy even come close to that threshold ....

I am a 50 year old educated man who has had the good fortune to be able to retire at 48 ... I plan on making my 16th trip to Thailand this June. While I know nothing about Dannyboy, from reading his posts he certainly appears to be a well educated, thoughtful man ...

While this might be somewhat self-serving to say - I would think we are the kind of guys that you would want posting in your forum ...

It's really up to you as to what direction you take this .

Do you want frank and honest discussions about all the issues - good and bad - or do you want this forum to just be an extension of your ego and a place where you can promote your girlfriends so you can continue to get laid for free ....

Aren't we all tired reading the typical bullshit posts:
"is Cassanova better than Obsessions"
"Do the bars still close at 1AM"
"how much $$$ short time - long time"
"will she let me cum more than once"
ETC - ETC

You have the opportunity to make this forum something special - please, don't blow it with arbitrary censorship and a desire to protect one of your LB friends from negitive comments ......

Rather than censoring these conversations and making comments that "no more posts needed" you should be encouraging debate about serious issues - at least IMHO .....

One last comment - I have never posted in BKK2nite because of the crap that takes place on that forum ... I actually found your website by a comment someone made there .... After reading some posts and your responses I thought I found a home here .... At last a serious place where we can chat about a topic that we enjoy and not get flamed - I still feel that way - but if you insist on ruling your domain with an iron fist, and censoring members because you don't like what was said about one of your friends, than I will be forced to look elsewhere .... Be real careful with that delete button, because I fear that you will be chasing many members away from what should be a fantastic place for all of us to share our ideas ....

thanks for letting me share my thoughts -

#5 ladyboyh

ladyboyh
  • Members
  • 774 posts

Posted 15 May 2005 - 04:14 PM

Ok lets see: deleted the post to prevent 100 posts of Angie with Dannies emails etc etc. Anyway the guy wanted to delete his original post, but couldnt. Angie trying to bring new service for you guys, she has many difficulties as lack of experience, not perfect English etc. I say: dont kill her baby, even before it born. I do the best from my side and trying to point mistakes for her, and I hope it will improve very soon. Now regarding sex issue: i dont need to promote anyone in order to get laid for free, especially not Angie cause I havent sex with her and wont,for many personal reasons.
All the gals featured on this site they are my friends, and kindly agreed to provide their pictures and contact info for you guys.
-=Hunting High&Low=-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci