Has the pendulum swung too far?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Kurtzkafka

Kurtzkafka
  • Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 08 July 2023 - 10:02 AM

This is more of a philosophical/political question.

It seems to me that in the generation or so that the female sex has gotten key advantages in society, specifically western. In many ways it is good, but has it gone too far?

For example, women can make boatloads of cash on onlyfans and various other platforms. Even a moderately attractive girl that does a fetish/kink can make bank.

Furthermore, university attendance now vastly favors women as does the job markets, management and advertising. The courts are skewed as well. I am all for equality, but often on ads we see a bumbling idiot husband with a slick wife. Or dumbo dad with his kids.

Men learn better kinetically based on brain wiring, and they are less social. This benefits us who work as oil rig and remote access server but the trades are taking a hit and school is still designed in a very prehistoric fashion.

Even in Asia there has been a flip towards "girl power." Many of you know the woman of the house handles finances and money, often to prevent her Thai husband from fucking about and gambling everything away. I could go into the ladyboy dynamic too but I am curious about others' thoughts here.

I know tgere are some generalizations here and I am using a broad brush but it is a very interedting dynamic going on in society.

I read a study stating hand pressure from hand shakes has gone down significantly among men the last 30 years while going up significantly among women.
  • gracefulchance likes this

#2 gracefulchance

gracefulchance
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 August 2023 - 07:06 PM

Well, isn't it something how woman power seems to have taken a page from the east to the west? Take Asia for instance, a matriarchal powerhouse if I've ever seen one. In fact, they were the ones who introduced the world to the first female prime minister, and several more prime ministerial gals followed suit. This was all before the west even thought about putting a woman in that role. Talk about being ahead of the curve!

I tell ya, it's always been like that. Women, oh the cunning puppeteers, have forever been the unseen hand, masterfully controlling the puppets' strings. 

But, here's a twist in the tale. Lately, I've been scratching my head over the shift of power towards what used to be the counter-culture - the trans folks. Now, they could rise up to be as powerful as women. I'm all for it, but if that means they start dating genetic girls to restore some cosmic balance, well... I might just have to start dating GGs myself! Can't have the universe getting all lopsided, now can we?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci