Rejoind

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Bricktop2

Bricktop2
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 March 2022 - 08:23 AM

Hello from deepest darkest Australia , once known as the flash or donnnnnnnnnnny , hoping still a few of the old team who are still about,
Looks like it might be getting close to time to return y to o Pattaya snd phuket . Any info on the latert hurdles snd hoops we have to jump through to gain entry would get gratefully received
Cheeers brivktop2

#2 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 05 March 2022 - 01:11 AM

Welcome back Donnnnny

I've been in and out of Thailand several times in the last couple of years, and they are constantly changing the hurdles. But it does look like it's much easier now, and a good chance it's going to get simpler in the coming months.

At present I think the best option is 'test and go'. 

You want to give yourself 2-3 weeks of prep time, as you will need to get:

- A visa with the embassy (you can still enter without a visa for a short trip)

- Be fully vaccinated and have the certificate or proof (without it you will need to do hotel quarantine)

- Have medical insurance which covers at least $20,000 in case of Covid related hospitalization (a lot of standard travel insurance policies cover this, you just need to show proof).

- Book a test and go hotel which is SHA+ https://asq.in.th/

- Apply for Thailand Pass which is fairly straight forward and gives you a QR code https://tp.consular.go.th/

You also need to take a PCR test 72 hours before your flight and have proof that you are not smuggling some Covid in.

It sounds like a ball ache and it is, but it's very doable and a lot less stress than previous entries. The first time I left and came back it took 3 solid weeks of paperwork and confusion, followed by 16 days in a Bangkok hotel rooms eating cold food.

If there are no more surpises it's looking probably that there could be a quarantine and test free entry on the horizon, or at least something a bit easier. 

Dating ladyboys in Thailand Thai Friendly 

Meeting ladyboys around the world My Ladyboy Date

Best Thailand (and global) hotel deals Discounted Hotels

#3 Bricktop2

Bricktop2
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 March 2022 - 12:48 PM

Christ. They really do be want tourists back, what a load of cobblers , I keep an eye on things and see how it pans out over the next few months. Much appreciate the ingo Kilome

#4 Escierto

Escierto
  • Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 07 March 2022 - 04:18 PM

I am in the Philippines and it seems as though it is easier to visit than Thailand for fully vaccinated tourists. You just need the proof of vaccination, a negative PCR test within 48 hours of departure and medical insurance for $35,000. You enter this data in a Philippine Health Pass app on the web and receive a QR code for entry. No further testing or quarantines needed.

#5 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 11 March 2022 - 09:13 PM

There's every chance it will get easier in the coming weeks/months, there's talk that it will be regarded as an endemic by July. But the Thais do love their paper work, at least 5 different people checked my paper work on arrival at the airport in Thailand.

The Philippines seemed to totally shut the borders since the start of the Pandemic, but they've now suddenly opened up with no major hurdle or qurantines for the vacinated. Maybe a trip to Manila or Angeles is a better alternative until Thailand the test and go. 

What's it currrently on the ground in the Philippines?

#6 Escierto

Escierto
  • Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 12 March 2022 - 09:05 AM

There's every chance it will get easier in the coming weeks/months, there's talk that it will be regarded as an endemic by July. But the Thais do love their paper work, at least 5 different people checked my paper work on arrival at the airport in Thailand.

The Philippines seemed to totally shut the borders since the start of the Pandemic, but they've now suddenly opened up with no major hurdle or qurantines for the vacinated. Maybe a trip to Manila or Angeles is a better alternative until Thailand the test and go.

What's it currrently on the ground in the Philippines?

My girlfriend and I are going to look to see if any of the bars are open in Manila tonight. We like to chat up the layboys then go back home and fuck like crazy.

#7 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 12 March 2022 - 05:18 PM

My girlfriend and I are going to look to see if any of the bars are open in Manila tonight. We like to chat up the layboys then go back home and fuck like crazy.

Please let us know where you headed and what you found. Have a great night!

#8 P&G

P&G
  • Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 15 March 2022 - 04:00 AM

I am in the Philippines and it seems as though it is easier to visit than Thailand for fully vaccinated tourists. You just need the proof of vaccination, a negative PCR test within 48 hours of departure and medical insurance for $35,000. You enter this data in a Philippine Health Pass app on the web and receive a QR code for entry. No further testing or quarantines needed.

Interesting point. It seems that a pass in a "farang" country can be converted into a local pass with minimal additional tests. Hopefully, this is how frontiers will ropen again. 

#9 Escierto

Escierto
  • Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 15 March 2022 - 08:23 AM

Interesting point. It seems that a pass in a "farang" country can be converted into a local pass with minimal additional tests. Hopefully, this is how frontiers will ropen again.

Yes, I noticed that there are places like malls that check your vaccination status before you can enter. My girlfriend shows her vaccination card but I have just been showing them the health pass QR code on my phone and they are happy with that. I guess they know it means you were checked entering the country.

#10 P&G

P&G
  • Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 16 March 2022 - 12:07 AM

It must be a "vaccination pass". The advantage is that any country can grant it on whatever basis they deem necessary or even impose a booster at whatever time they deem it necessary in the country (if not, controls with a QR code will say the pass is obsolete. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci