Video games forums are bullshit now...

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Lotus Biscoff

Lotus Biscoff
  • Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 10:26 AM

I've been a member of a lot of message boards over the years, mostly to do with survival horror related video games. These days, I find that nobody really ever posts on them much any more, but if you go to busier forums, hoping this will not be the case, the trolls that go on them render discussions pointless.

In recent years, I've been so pissed off over Capcom screwing up Resident Evil, because it has been my number one franchise for like, 20 years by this point. Yet fanboys don't seem to care. But I honestly think it has ended up a garbage series as a whole, all due to how much it has been milked.

Since 2005, Capcom has made it into mainly an action series where the horror aspects from the PlayStation era just aren't a big part of the series any longer, and all you do is shoot creatures, collect money or points from dead enemies, and also team up with other players online. Yeah, how NOT scary. There's not really any puzzles either. They threw in tons of gimmicky nonsense too. It's mostly a case of you clearing an area of enemies for the most part, and running for the exit. How lame...

The old games were always about being isolated from others, and you only ran into people occasionally, only to be split-up again. You used to have to kill zombies, but now, it's these generic as all hell monsters that are just stupid. Therefore, there's nothing special about the games they develop now, and they have resorted to doing remakes because any sequels they come up with, they just copy the other games of the era, or go ripping off stuff from famous horror movies, which they try to pass off as being an homage to the films they are borrowing ideas from, in order to get around copyright. But who are they kidding? They are a bunch of lying, money grabbing idiots over there at Capcom.

The plot is ass as well. Every semi-decent game with a sorry excuse for a story ends with something of a cliffhanger, so you may get a little bit excited for this to carry on in a possible sequel. Then when that sequel eventually occurs, the game isn't really a sequel anyway, since it normally has a different story altogether. They may just use classic characters to sucker people in, but the story is mostly not connected to the prior game. So why even bother?

If you played the recent one, called 7: Biohazard, you'll know that they added the main character "Chris Redfield" as a side character in the main game, and he was made playable in the extra shitty content that they had people waiting nearly an entire year to play, due to it getting outsourced. My biggest grievance isn't so much that he was added to be a selling point, which he clearly was, but it honestly looks absolutely nothing like Chris now.

Capcom built something referred to as the RE Engine, so they cannot use the old models. But still - I hate how he looks now. This version of Chris looks about the age of 25, but in the others, he was like over 50 or so, with a black beard, with big muscles, and he was a total bad dude. But in this game, he was pants. I'm not kidding.

If you've played any of the games, what are your top moments?

#2 P&G

P&G
  • Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 16 August 2019 - 01:04 AM

I am not sure that many BMs are interested in video games more particularly video games forums. We don't play with the same kind of joysticks. 

• horneydog and Lotus Biscoff like this

#3 Lotus Biscoff

Lotus Biscoff
  • Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 16 August 2019 - 06:31 AM

I meant to post this in the off topic section anyway. I just saw "general chat" and was too fast. ;)

#4 playboyninja

playboyninja
  • Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 21 August 2019 - 01:53 PM

I actually am really into games but only PC games. I grew up on Doom, Unreal, and StarCraft.
  • kliome and Lotus Biscoff like this

#5 Lotus Biscoff

Lotus Biscoff
  • Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 15 September 2019 - 03:24 PM

Man! That new trailer for Project Resistance is bloody lame. How Capcom approved of this garbage, is way beyond human comprehension.  :wacko:

#6 lbdude73

lbdude73
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 April 2022 - 10:55 PM

personally I'm only on the pcgamer forum, eurogamer isn't bad. If you're looking for good industry news checkout https://gamingindustry247.com/. but those boards are the only ones worth looking at if you ask me

#7 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 03 April 2022 - 12:23 AM

I was (still am) into PC gaming, mostly sports and RPG, but this year I've spent most of my gaming time on the Oculus Quest 2. There aren't many great games out yet IMO, but there are enough to keep my interest. 

Anyone else using the Oculus or similar VR? What games are you enjoying?

Dating ladyboys in Thailand Thai Friendly 

Meeting ladyboys around the world My Ladyboy Date

Best Thailand (and global) hotel deals Discounted Hotels

#8 P&G

P&G
  • Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 04 April 2022 - 10:46 PM

I registered only once in a video games forum afew years ago. A guy had posted a review about ladyboys in Bali. 

#9 playboyninja

playboyninja
  • Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 06 April 2022 - 08:15 PM

I have been playing on my valve index (actually brought it with me when I moved to Thailand). I love half life alyx but also play beat saber, space pirate trainer but haven't played on awhile.

#10 Lotus Biscoff

Lotus Biscoff
  • Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 25 June 2023 - 12:49 AM

I think RE is kind of lame now. RE8 was stupid, because vampires should not be in the RE franchise.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci