Photo

Suggestion for owner to fix spam posts...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Teppis

Teppis

LB Devil

• Members
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 01:23 PM

I have noticed that there is a lot of spam posts lately and i have a suggestion for forum owner.

If new members have to wait 24-hours to activate new account, it will probably minimize spam because they don't have time and patience to wait approval. Now they just make new account, post their shit and then leave. We don't need that here. 

And those possible real BM's who can't wait 24 hours to activate their account are not very reliable anyway. 

Just my 2 cents to fix this very annoying problem.... 

#2 Teppis

Teppis

LB Devil

• Members
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 08:58 PM

WTF is going on here? Some idiot bombard forum with nonsense posts, is he some bitter ex-bm or just homophobic arsehole? 

#3 rxpharm

rxpharm
  • Moderators
  • 3,338 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 12:09 AM

Typically these are spam bots - they have been quite active lately. The posts usually won't stay up more than a day at the most. I have passed your suggestion to our IT guy. As moderator I cannot view forum settings as that requires administrator access.

• Teppis likes this

:cnd:

#4 Teppis

Teppis

LB Devil

• Members
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 12:41 AM

I hope they do something for it. It doesn't give very professional image when forum is polluted with nonsense horseshit. 

#5 Teppis

Teppis

LB Devil

• Members
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:39 AM

Did they say anything? It must be fking frusterating to clean forum several times per day and i'm sure that bot problem can be solved if there's a will. Look at another forum and you can't hardly never see this same shit, the must do something different. 

#6 Lotus Biscoff

Lotus Biscoff
  • Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 25 June 2023 - 12:54 AM

This is a problem because many forums today lack active moderators. It seems many forums just get kept around like an archive, yet trolls see this as an opportunity to take advantage of this problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci