First trip to LOS, a few questions

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 playboyninja

playboyninja
  • Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:52 PM

I am planning on visiting LOS for 3 weeks in November and am having a difficult time trying to decide on where specifically to go. 

My ideal situation would be to find a cute LB and spend time at a relaxing beach and swim during the day and go bar hopping at night. Basically I am looking for GFE. It seems like the best LB scenes are in Bangkok and Pattaya but the best beaches and hotels are on the islands Phuket, Koh Phi Phi, and possibly Krabi? I would also like to visit Chiang Mai but that is a secondary objective.

What is the island LB scene like? 

Is it possible to find a week by week p4p companion?

How much Thai should I learn?

One of my ideas:

Arrive in LOS very sleep deprived

2 nights in Bangkok,
2 nights in Patong

3 nights in Phi Phi

1 night in Patong again

4 nights in Chiang Mai

5 nights in Pattaya

4 nights in Bangkok

and hopefully be very sad that I am leaving

I am kind starting to think I may want to just choose 3 places and do 7 nights each instead.

Anyway thanks ahead of time for the consideration.

#2 mikel1

mikel1
  • Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 01:16 PM

To start with - no. Just no. 2 days here 2 days there is not realistic. You'll spend far too much time in transit.First trip give yourself time to enjoy it. Make sure you have chemistry with any girl you take long time (24 hrs plus) because you'll be stuck with her. Others will add their thoughts I'm sure.
  • scottieM and Surin like this

#3 playboyninja

playboyninja
  • Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 04:57 PM

I had a feeling that might be dumb to try and get a sampler of everything. I appreciate the advice. I think patong/phuket is probably going to be my main destination.

#4 FL1999

FL1999
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 06:19 PM

I think finding a LB for one or two weeks is crazy: very high risk, especially if you are totally new to this, as you seem to be. Even with a GG, even elsewhere in the word. What is the chance to find a good match? None I think. I would just go sampling night by night, and if lucky to find a match, sure keep her longer (and travel a bit with her if you want) until you get bored.

#5 FL1999

FL1999
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 06:24 PM

I read the thread title again, indeed "first trip to LOS", don't get stuck with one girl or LB from the start. You better try different styles see what matches best and simply enjoy the variety the country offers. It doesn't mean no "GFE" - that's up to you and can be done that way even for shorter periods. And you can always go find a previous LB you met if you find she was better. Personally in such a long trip I would even try a few GGs, but thats just me and my unusual tastes. 

#6 playboyninja

playboyninja
  • Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 05:00 PM

That makes sense. I have booked my trip but still not sure where I want to go within LOS. I am still torn between the desire to be around LB areas or areas with good snorkeling. As of the moment I am debating on going to koh tao for a few days. It would be pretty fun to try diving.

This is going to be an interesting trip and I feel I am going to have to force myself to go out. With my friends I am a very social person but as I am going on the trip alone, I am going to have to make an effort to be social.

#7 rxpharm

rxpharm
  • Moderators
  • 3,338 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 06:54 PM

That makes sense. I have booked my trip but still not sure where I want to go within LOS. I am still torn between the desire to be around LB areas or areas with good snorkeling. As of the moment I am debating on going to koh tao for a few days. It would be pretty fun to try diving.

This is going to be an interesting trip and I feel I am going to have to force myself to go out. With my friends I am a very social person but as I am going on the trip alone, I am going to have to make an effort to be social.

You have 3 weeks to spend, make a decision how long you want to spend snorkelling. Bangkok and Pattaya are the major lb centres of Thailand. Bangkok has plenty of other things/sights to see besides lbs. Pattaya also has other attractions as well, but not as nearly as many.

:cnd:

#8 Surin

Surin
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 04:32 AM

I've always been a Phuket fan personally. I love beautiful beaches, and on Phuket you'll find no shortage an easy motorbike (or car) ride from Patong. ....Surin Beach, Kata, Karon, and more.

Patts and BKK offer lots of low-hanging ladyboy fruit, and that's a great plus. Personally, the hustle and bustle of Patts gets to me after a short while. I always gravitate back to Phuket.

Once there, you'll have no problem finding ladyboy companionship. C&D's bar in Patong is an institution. Jimbo, the owner and host, would be delighted to welcome you and help you feel comfortable. There are girls in his bar, many of whom I've sampled, but beyond his bar, you'll find LBs everywhere. One of my favorites was an LB massage girl, who was the only LB working in the massage parlor. I kept her for almost an entire week....like you, i like the GFE. She was that. You'll find them in other bars, and on this forum is a guide to LB establishments on Phuket written by Spyder Rocket. Look for that.

Should you desire to go to Phi Phi, you'll probably want to find a suitable LB GFE and take her. Pretty slim pickings on the island, but they are there. The island is delightful, and I've scuba dived there several times. Just saw a few here and there, and so if you're lucky you'll find somebody worthwhile if you want to just show up solo. The ferry boat ride over is something that i find enjoyable also.

Best wishes!
  • MrDragon likes this

#9 interfun

interfun
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 06:29 PM

What about

I've always been a Phuket fan personally. I love beautiful beaches, and on Phuket you'll find no shortage an easy motorbike (or car) ride from Patong. ....Surin Beach, Kata, Karon, and more.
Patts and BKK offer lots of low-hanging ladyboy fruit, and that's a great plus. Personally, the hustle and bustle of Patts gets to me after a short while. I always gravitate back to Phuket.
Once there, you'll have no problem finding ladyboy companionship. C&D's bar in Patong is an institution. Jimbo, the owner and host, would be delighted to welcome you and help you feel comfortable. There are girls in his bar, many of whom I've sampled, but beyond his bar, you'll find LBs everywhere. One of my favorites was an LB massage girl, who was the only LB working in the massage parlor. I kept her for almost an entire week...!

How about moving to Phuket or Pattaya. Which one would you suggest? I am thinking trying one of them for three months and live off savings while I see if I can find work. Or live in another large city nearby and then take trips to Pattaya or Phuket from that city, like KL or HK.

But for living, do you suggest Phuket over Pattaya?

#10 Surin

Surin
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 10:41 PM

What about

How about moving to Phuket or Pattaya. Which one would you suggest? I am thinking trying one of them for three months and live off savings while I see if I can find work. Or live in another large city nearby and then take trips to Pattaya or Phuket from that city, like KL or HK.
But for living, do you suggest Phuket over Pattaya?

For me, it's an easy choice: Phuket.

I think I'm in the minority here though. A lot of guys love the action, the lights, the sounds, and the selection of LBs in Pattaya. I've met guys who live there and love it. For me though, because I tend to like things a bit slower and quieter, I'll take Phuket.

As for which place to actually live, I'd suggest reading Spyder Rocket's ex-pat thread. He's been on Phuket full time for awhile now, Nd has written extensively on his experiences. An interesting read.

One thing I find fascinating, and which I suggest, is to read the English online version of the Pattaya Daily News. In doing so, you'll get a feel for the place as you read articles ranging from local charity events, to the (considerable) articles about crime. Any first timer should acquaint himself with "what could go wrong?" by reading the archives there. It's interesting, and an education.

Best wishes
  • MrDragon likes this

#11 interfun

interfun
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 11:38 PM

Surin here is today's headline for the Pattaya Daily News...
And look below the article too

14 June 2017 :: 08:06:51 am 119959
Indian Attacked By Thais For Girl Issue

Indian man was attacked injured by Thai teenagers. It’s expected that this is girl conflict.

PATTAYA-12 June-[PattayaDailyNews]; at 05.00am Pattaya police were notified that tourist was attacked injured at Sun City hotel. After notification the police and rescue team were sent to inspect the scene.

At the location the officers found Mr Deepankar Dohare aged 26 from India who had been attacked injured in his head and body. He told the officers that he was attacked injured by 3-4 teenagers driving a truck and he had no idea why they attacked him.

Eyewitnesses told the officers that attackers drove the truck and stop at the crime scene before they attacked this Indian man injured and fleeing away.
Initially, the officers would inspect the crime scene to check CCTV footage and they expected that this might be girl issue.

Related News:
Iranian Arrested with 3kg of Ice at a Thailand Airport
Gambling Gone Wrong
Commander Peanut
Another Gang Member Arrested who Drilled ATM in Pattaya
Suspect Re-Enacts Murder

#12 Surin

Surin
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 03:23 PM

Surin here is today's headline for the Pattaya Daily News...
And look below the article too
14 June 2017 :: 08:06:51 am 119959
Indian Attacked By Thais For Girl Issue
Indian man was attacked injured by Thai teenagers. It’s expected that this is girl conflict.
PATTAYA-12 June-[PattayaDailyNews]; at 05.00am Pattaya police were notified that tourist was attacked injured at Sun City hotel. After notification the police and rescue team were sent to inspect the scene.
At the location the officers found Mr Deepankar Dohare aged 26 from India who had been attacked injured in his head and body. He told the officers that he was attacked injured by 3-4 teenagers driving a truck and he had no idea why they attacked him.
Eyewitnesses told the officers that attackers drove the truck and stop at the crime scene before they attacked this Indian man injured and fleeing away.
Initially, the officers would inspect the crime scene to check CCTV footage and they expected that this might be girl issue.
Related News:
Iranian Arrested with 3kg of Ice at a Thailand Airport
Gambling Gone Wrong
Commander Peanut
Another Gang Member Arrested who Drilled ATM in Pattaya
Suspect Re-Enacts Murder

And that's how to increase your chances that nothing whatsoever will happen to you. By doing as you did, getting informed. Guys get themselves in trouble everyday in Thailand, and especially Pattaya, through ignorant decisions and actions. Ive never had an issue anywhere in Thailand, and I attribute that to reading things like the PDN, and this forums thread on scams and travel alerts.

For example, I read in the PDN (Pattaya Daily News) about girls spiking drinks in Pattaya, then stealing from the unconscious customer. At best, he woke up minus his IPhone, wallet, jewelry. At worst, he woke up dead from a drug overdose. After reading about this, I recall the hair standing up on the back of my neck, in Pattaya, when a very lovely LB returned from the kitchen as i sat in the living room with a cold beer in her hand...already opened and poured in a glass. Not wanting to offend, and realizing that it very well might have been simply a kind gesture, I pretended to take a sip. Soon after, i took the beer to the kitchen, discretely emptied it and poured another. I then returned and enjoyed a suspicion free beer and a good time with the LB involved. Just a precaution. One i took because I'd taken the time to read this forum, the PDN, (The former Phuket news too), as well as many trip reports here.

You'll learn: Pickup freelancers at your own peril (I have, and I've been fortunate.....and cautious in the room), bargirls are often preferred as you'll have recourse with the bar owner if things don't go well. C&Ds bar in Phuket has extraordinarily reliable girls because of Jimbos management. Ive never had an issue there with bad behavior, and I don't know anybody who has. The same could be said of certain establishments in Pattaya too.

Just keep doing what you're doing, be willing to learn, ask questions, and then decide your itinerary and go for it. Don't let those things alarm you, just allow them to educate you and be smart. It's a wonderful place.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci