Bang Tao Beach, Phuket

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 G-man

G-man
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 09:26 AM

Does anyone have any information on Bang Tao beach and Laguna in Phuket. Is there any night life there?

I found an all inclusive villa that has LB companions 24/7 called Angels in Paradise. Has anyone heard of it or stayed there? There website says it provides a private villa with a pool and a companion. What I would like to know is if there is any good bars and club in the area. I don't want to take the 40 minute taxi to Patong to go to a club or disco.

Any information from you experts in Phuket will help out.

Cheers

#2 Spyder Rocket

Spyder Rocket
  • Members
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 12:49 PM

Does anyone have any information on Bang Tao beach and Laguna in Phuket. Is there any night life there?

I live here and like to go exploring, but unfortunately I haven't made it into the bay that has Bang Tao yet.

I'll put it on my list of places to explore, but it will be a couple of weeks before I can get to it.

#3 ccc.tom

ccc.tom
  • Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 04:25 AM

I will visit phuket and stay at laguna area for a few days too at the year end, and would like to know more about the scene.

Is the ladyboy nightlife at patdong beach dead after the pull down of soi crocodile?

#4 Spyder Rocket

Spyder Rocket
  • Members
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 22 September 2016 - 03:34 PM

I will visit phuket and stay at laguna area for a few days too at the year end, and would like to know more about the scene.
Is the ladyboy nightlife at patdong beach dead after the pull down of soi crocodile?

I'll try to get up to Bang Tao and Laguna Beach soon, been wanting to check that area out anyway.

There are still many LBs in Patong. C&Ds is still there, plus if you walk down Bangala you'll see many out trying to get customers into the various caberet shows that feature them.
  • MrDragon likes this

#5 suryo

suryo
  • Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 06:00 AM

Bang Tao has nearly  NO night life.  There is Pub at the entrance gate to the laguna.

And yes, there are about 6 (Bamboo) Bars behind the Best Western Hotel. Have never seen a LB there.

The closest Spot for more action is Kamala Beach. A 12 minute motobikeride from Bang Tao/Choeng Thale

If u want a wide range of Bars, Discos and LB's, of course it is Patong on Phuket Island

#6 Surin Nix

Surin Nix
  • Members
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 08:33 PM

I stayed at Bang Tao a few years ago when I took a sailing course at a nearby marina. The beach was long, unspoiled, and a true oasis from the hustle of Patong. However, there is no nightlife. The all-inclusive LB place you mention sounds interesting. If it exists as advertised, and you go, your experience there would be very useful on an LB forum such as this.

I stayed at a small mom 'n pop hotel behind the Best Western that someone mentioned. (I thought it was a Holiday Inn...either my memory has faded or it's changed ownership. It's the only hotel on the beach, likely). That hotel was run by a guy named Malcom, a former glam-rocker from the UK, and his Thai wife. I stayed in a bamboo hit with only a ceiling fan and single light bulb. Shower elsewhere on premises. A fantastic little restaurant that Air Berln crews (who were laying over at the nearby Beat Western), would patronize.

No LB action that I observed, I could barely find a place to eat, beside's Malcom's. But, I'm sure he's cool if you bring your own LB companionship. It was a delightful place, and I have great memories of this remote and pristine beach. (It's not far from the Phuket airport. You can see planes taking off all day long).
  • MrDragon and batman4ever like this
Nix

#7 Spyder Rocket

Spyder Rocket
  • Members
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 12:15 PM

Does anyone have any information on Bang Tao beach and Laguna in Phuket. Is there any night life there? I found an all inclusive villa that has LB companions 24/7 called Angels in Paradise. Has anyone heard of it or stayed there? There website says it provides a private villa with a pool and a companion. What I would like to know is if there is any good bars and club in the area. I don't want to take the 40 minute taxi to Patong to go to a club or disco. Any information from you experts in Phuket will help out. Cheers

The best I can do for you so far is the Mount Azure Beach Club ( formerly HQ Beach Lounge) in Kamala Beach, not that far from Bang Tao.

A high-so Thai GG took me there the other night. It is a bit pricey, but nice, even classy. I was there at sunset, well before the dance music started, so it is hard for me to give you a read on what it is like once they start pumping dance music through the place.

I'm pretty sure it will be much more chill than say the rowdy Tai Pan in Patong .

The GG said that she and her girlfriends go there to dance on Friday and Saturday nights, and they are hot 30 somethings, so take that for what you will.

Here is their FB page: https://www.facebook...achloungephuket

I'll try to go there at night sometime soon to give you a better read on the place. Given your limited options in the area, it is probably worth checking out.

I'm going to be in Nai Yang tonight so I'll keep my eyes open for other places too.
  • G-man likes this

#8 G-man

G-man
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 05:48 PM

Thanks for all the good information. I am going to be in Patong on 7 Dec for 10 days. Maybe we could meet up for a drink and you can pass on some more of your local knowledge?

Cheers

#9 Spyder Rocket

Spyder Rocket
  • Members
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 03:28 PM

Thanks for all the good information. I am going to be in Patong on 7 Dec for 10 days. Maybe we could meet up for a drink and you can pass on some more of your local knowledge?

Cheers

I should be around that week. Send me a PM when you get here.

By the way, Nai Yang is a nice beach, but only a couple of dozen beer bars and restaurant. No night life to speak of.
  • G-man likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci