19 replies to this topic

#1 Dave J.

Dave J.
  • Members
  • 16 posts
  • LocationMalibu, CA

Posted 13 July 2015 - 12:18 AM

I have a fairly simple question. 

I would like to buy a ligerie/sexy clothes gift card for a LB I met on TF.
Something like Victoria's Secret or similar, so she can buy some sexy stuff and take pictures for me! Would prefer an e-card type gift card.
Can anyone tell me of any large (international?) type Lingerie Stores in Thailand that might do gift cards?

I posted this question before and got fairly flamed and judged for wanting to do this. I thought this was a judgement free zone?
Some explanations...

• I want to do this for both of us, she gets the lingerie, I get the pictures!
  • We both get the fun of exchanging the pictures
  • Yes, I met her on TF, she has since deleted her profile there!
  • She has NEVER asked me for money or anything else!
  • I don't want to send her cash, GIFT CARDS!
  • It's my money, I can waste it however I wish!
  • If I buy her a gift card, she can pick out lingerie in HER size and style.
  • No, I'm not in love, I'm having fun!

My question is, is there a Thai alternative to a Victoria Secrets gift card?

• Surin Nix likes this

#2 rxpharm

rxpharm
  • Moderators
  • 3,339 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 01:48 AM

So you think if you post the question again you will get an answer? Persistent, but not useful. The replies to your previous question should have given you a hint. You also found zero information when you tried a Google, Bing, Yahoo search.

If you want her to get Victoria's Secret lingerie, have her describe in detail what she likes, buy it and send it to her. End of story.

:cnd:

#3 Dave J.

Dave J.
  • Members
  • 16 posts
  • LocationMalibu, CA

Posted 13 July 2015 - 03:25 AM

@ rxpharm...can you please stop with the less the positive responses to my posts. As a moderator I appreciate the work you do, and taking the time read and possibly respond to my newbie questions. But if you don't have an on-topic response, could you just move on without passing judgement or disparaging what I'm trying to do?

It says there are 58,447 members of this forum. Maybe one of them will have a useful answer for me? 

I don't know if I will ever get to Thailand, it's a long held dream! Not only for the girls and Labdyboys, but the beaches too!

If I don't gain remission, if I don't get better soon, I won't be healthy enough to travel anywhere. If I don't get a break from my cancer soon, I'll be dead before I can realize my dreams!

So can you please stop raining on my parade? It's my dream, fantasy and money! I found a Ladyboy penpal and freind who makes me smile and laugh on the most miserable of days! This is how I want to pay her back a little, this is the way I've chosen! If it doesn't work, then maybe I'll ask for other suggestions!

Thanks and have an awesome day!

#4 rxpharm

rxpharm
  • Moderators
  • 3,339 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 03:39 AM

If you want to send her lingerie, you've received the easiest suggestion. If you wish to wait for an answer, it will be a very long time if at all, because it is not likely you can buy a Thai lingerie gift certificate and send it to her to use in Thailand.

Fantasy vs: reality - it's up to you - you can make it real by doing what was suggested or simply wait for an answer that is unlikely to come. There is a reason why you did not get a positive reply in your last post - Thai lingerie gift certificates are not available for purchase outside of Thailand, and that is also the reason why it doesn't show up on internet search engines.

#5 Dave J.

Dave J.
  • Members
  • 16 posts
  • LocationMalibu, CA

Posted 13 July 2015 - 03:43 AM

You can't help yourself can you?

#6 Spyder Rocket

Spyder Rocket
  • Members
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 05:55 AM

Let me Google that for you.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q...Secret Thailand

Brand-specific gift cards appear to be mostly domestic-bound as well. Here is where a random selection of gift cards can be used.

Victoria's Secret: U.S. and Puerto Rico
Gap: U.S., Puerto Rico and Canada
Home Depot: U.S., Canada and Mexico
QuickSilver: U.S.
Nike: U.S. and Puerto Rico
Hyatt: U.S., Canada and the Caribbean. It can be used at participating international locations but will be converted to the local currency.

The best way to find out if your gift card can be used other than stateside is to check the back of the card. If it's not there, find the terms and conditions or FAQs online.

There are international restrictions on gift cards because they are vulnerable to fraud and even loadable credit cards are often restricted to prevent them being used to launder money and to circumvent customs limits on moving cash internationally.

#7 Dave J.

Dave J.
  • Members
  • 16 posts
  • LocationMalibu, CA

Posted 13 July 2015 - 06:04 AM

I was hoping gift cards to avoid customs charges.  I found one, but the lingerie they sell is something my grandmother might wear, so nope.
For something Like Victoria's Secret, I'll spend more on shipping and customs then I would on the lingerie itself.

#8 Spyder Rocket

Spyder Rocket
  • Members
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 07:04 AM

I was hoping gift cards to avoid customs charges.  I found one, but the lingerie they sell is something my grandmother might wear, so nope.
For something Like Victoria's Secret, I'll spend more on shipping and customs then I would on the lingerie itself.

Anyway, I know you are sensitive about being flamed, but I don't really understand why you consider sending lingerie to someone in Thailand as "having fun" either.

Rxpharm wasn't trying to flame you for his amusement, he was trying to help by throwing cold water on what sounds like a pointless effort.

#9 rxpharm

rxpharm
  • Moderators
  • 3,339 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 07:27 AM

Dave J, as I've sent you a pm and you've now discovered for yourself - it isn't a simple matter to send a lingerie gift card to Thailand.

Actually if you buy something you could probably send it in a small bubble packet and probably avoid customs charges sent by US Post. It isn't as nice as sending in the original box, but it should get there. If you state it is a gift and put a low value on it, she won't have to pay custom charges.

• Dave J. likes this

#10 sharkdog

sharkdog
  • Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 12:08 PM

To answer the OP's question, no there is no equivalent of Victoria's Secret in Thailand.  Lingerie is sold in department stores, such as Robinson's, Central Departments Stores, etc.  I suppose you could get a gift card from one of those, but then she could spend it on anything.

#11 Spyder Rocket

Spyder Rocket
  • Members
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 01:14 PM

To answer the OP's question, no there is no equivalent of Victoria's Secret in Thailand.  Lingerie is sold in department stores, such as Robinson's, Central Departments Stores, etc.  I suppose you could get a gift card from one of those, but then she could spend it on anything.

They have a Victoria's Secret in BKK at Central Siam Mall, but the gift cards you buy in the U.S. Can't be used there.

#12 Surin Nix

Surin Nix
  • Members
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 05:46 PM

This just doesn't seem like it ought to be that hard.

So, by now you've realized that sending a Victoria's Secret gift card....or any gift card for that matter...will not fly. So, abandon that.

Why not just, as suggested, ask her her size? Many Victoria's Secret items come in small, medium, and large. Knowing her weight and height should give you a good approximation of which to buy. If it's a specific size you need, like a bra, just ask her size. Take the Thai measurement and convert it into the U.S. Equivalent size. You can easily find conversion charts by googling. Like this:

http://thailand.angl...version-tables/

With her size known, and the conversion done, order your fantasy slutwear online through their website. You'll have it at your door in no time.

Take it out of the original box (minimizing customs scrutiny possibly). Wrap it in gift wrap if you want. Go to the post office. Mail it to her via international priority (splurge).

My guess is that there is about a 90%+ chance of success.

You could have your naughty photos in hand within 10-12 days from today if you'd get busy.
Nix

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci