Pattaya Quiet

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#13 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 10:39 AM

I am a proud Scotsman but just as proud to be part of the great nation that is Great Britain . This vote for independence is a joke , the parliament in Edinburgh is a Mickey Mouse outfit, London is one of the financial capitals of the world , who in their right mind would want to break away from that. The present situation is not perfect but ok , I would never have let us have the referendum in the first place. If the vote is yes Scotland's fucked. It's all on hear say it's like putting red or black on a roulette table. Better the devil
You know than the devil you don't

Good to see a scot talking sense, rather than the nationalistic nonsense on some forums.

The scots would be mad to break away, and they're not all mad. Whatever the polls might say i can't see it happening. The scots are too canny to do that. Anyway we'll see soon.

Sorry - Off Topic.

• jesuschrist likes this

#14 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts
  • LocationCentral Pattaya

Posted 12 September 2014 - 11:03 PM

This vote for independence is a joke

Salmond's false proposition of independence doesn't make any sense. He's selling the idea of independence to the Scots yet wants to join the European Union. Joining the EU is not being independent and would require signing-up to the euro which means their economic policy would be controlled by others, the oil won't last forever and the whole scenario is very short-sighted. Regards the Scots, I hope they don't cut off their noses to spite their faces.

The best thing the UK did was not to join the euro when they made the mistake of joining the European Union (which costs the UK collective 50 million GBP per day). The Scottish people should stick with the UK and promote getting out of the European Union altogether. Total independence as a unit, that unit being as part of the UK, not the EU.

This former communist wants to be a big boy in politics and is putting his own country in jeopardy in order to make a name for himself. I'm English first and British second, as I'm sure the vast majority of Scots are Scottish first and British second. There's no harm in that whatsoever. Being independent is no bad thing, but that's not Salmond's plan.

Basically the voting options in Scotland are for either the UK or the EU (with euro). They're the two choices facing the Scots and various other foreigners living there.

• veveron and jesuschrist like this

Meum cerebrum nocet

#15 jonnieb

jonnieb
  • Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 09:18 PM

Pattaya it's wonderful in the low season. There are plenty of middle to upper middle class Thais and expats to keep pattaya humming throughout the year. As for Ruskies, there are specific factors relating to their economy keeping some of them away now. Pattaya continues to develop and improve, with new hotels, condos, and shopping. The infrastructure even slowly improves, with road and plumbing works around town. As for nobody having any money for travel, the working classes in the developed world are skint and as someone said they can't borrow to buy things they can't afford anymore. As for those with capital, things aren't so bad, with stock markets in many markets at or near record highs.
  • MrDragon and Surin Nix like this

#16 philts

philts
  • Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 02:42 AM

Agree, low season in Patts and many other places in LOS is the time to go, less punters and more choice. 

Peak season is to be avoided unless you have to go at that time and/or like slopy seconds, thirds or fourths.....!

• MrDragon and Surin Nix like this

#17 james2035

james2035
  • Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 05:11 AM

I am a proud Scotsman but just as proud to be part of the great nation that is Great Britain . This vote for independence is a joke , the parliament in Edinburgh is a Mickey Mouse outfit, London is one of the financial capitals of the world , who in their right mind would want to break away from that. The present situation is not perfect but ok , I would never have let us have the referendum in the first place. If the vote is yes Scotland's fucked. It's all on hear say it's like putting red or black on a roulette table. Better the devil

#18 james2035

james2035
  • Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 05:14 AM

If the vote is yes good luck to them in kilts sooner we get rid of you lot the better as you hate us anyway !!!!!!!! will save us a few billion in subsidies and they will soon coming crawling back, just say no to the twats !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

#19 Surin Nix

Surin Nix
  • Members
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 09:54 PM

If the vote is yes good luck to them in kilts sooner we get rid of you lot the better as you hate us anyway !!!!!!!! will save us a few billion in subsidies and they will soon coming crawling back, just say no to the twats !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I'd say this thread has gone seriously off-topic.
  • jaybee111 and jfrank like this
Nix

#20 Spyder Rocket

Spyder Rocket
  • Members
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 03:20 AM

I only come to Thailand during low season. Part of this has been because of sheer circumstance, in that is usually when I could break away, but part of it is choice.

Better rates on hotels, and less crowds are a big draw for me. Sure, the weather isn't as good, but I can handle that.
  • batman4ever and Surin Nix like this

#21 jesuschrist

jesuschrist
  • Members
  • 147 posts
  • Locationheaven

Posted 09 November 2014 - 05:27 PM

he has not got a leg to stand on, ouch ;)

Ego meum consilium forsit esset relictum  :yumm: 

#22 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 06:45 PM

Pizzing down here today. If you wanted a beach holiday just now you'd be mighty disappointed.

#23 jesuschrist

jesuschrist
  • Members
  • 147 posts
  • Locationheaven

Posted 10 November 2014 - 05:37 AM

James2035, do some research, the UK need Scotland just as much as Scotland needs the UK. Do not want to go into it as you are clearly a twat, ignorance is bliss James.

#24 jesuschrist

jesuschrist
  • Members
  • 147 posts
  • Locationheaven

Posted 10 November 2014 - 05:38 AM

Jimbo, the rain doesn't stop us shagging lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci