Patts to Samed

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 filipef

filipef
  • Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 04:21 AM

I have been to Samed, some years ago and i found the beaches must pleasant. And i think i've seen some people there, arriving by boat from Pattaya. Am i wrong?

The point is, if i want to get a day trip f(or even staying one night) from Pattaya to Samed, what is the best way? Taxi?

#2 rxpharm

rxpharm
  • Moderators
  • 3,339 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 04:44 AM

While I haven't been there myself, a quick google search showed this:

PATTAYA - BAN PHE

The best option to get from Pattaya to Ban Phe / Koh Samed, is to buy a seat on an express minivan from most Pattaya
travel agencies which will usually reach the pier at Ban Phe in less than one hour. A seat on the minibus will cost a couple
hundred baht per person.

PUBLIC BUS From Pattaya, flag down a passing air-con or public bus runs every 30 minutes from the corner of Sukhumvit
and Pattaya Neua roads, This is the bus to Rayong bus station; then change here for the Ban Phe bus.

This was taken from Koh Samed.  The boats you saw were probably the Ban Phe ferries going to Koh Samed.

:cnd:

#3 filipef

filipef
  • Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:38 AM

I guess not, because those boats you talk about arrive at Nadam, if i am not mistaken, and the ones i saw were arriving at Sai Kaew Beach. I happened to see some russians arriving there, from the boat/speedboat style) still with some beach towels from hotels off Pattaya.

However, thank you for your tip, RX, always very helpful.

About ladyboys scene in Samed, still not much, right?

#4 rxpharm

rxpharm
  • Moderators
  • 3,339 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 06:03 AM

filipf - while I haven't been there, I've read reports about Koh Samed - it's best to take your own lb there. There may be some there if booked for an occasional small cabaret show, and a few may be working there seasonally (not p4p, but at the restaurants, hotels, etc).

Those Russians probably took the beach towels from their Pattaya Hotel along with them on the trip to Koh Samet via the minibus/taxi/regular bus and then the Ban Phe ferries. It would could be a rough ride by boat all the way from Pattaya, unless the seas were calm all the way.

:cnd:

#5 azza33

azza33
  • Members
  • 579 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 04:59 PM

Pattaya to Ko Samed is 80 km, via basically 2 freeways.

Easy day trip is possible. Last April went down there via car, no problems parking right at the boat jetty for a minimal charge.

Amazing the development thats gone on since i was last there.

Attached File  IMG_0184.jpg   54.36KB   0 downloads

#6 filipef

filipef
  • Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 12:15 AM

Car is an option, yes, but using a taxi. I am used to drive on the RIGHT side of the road....

Maybe 1500 or 2000 baths for a drive...i will ask, perhaps the driver i will choose to take me from BKK to Pattaya, about the cost.

About Samed, as i said the beaches are good. Hotels are (or were, at least) overpriced. And i see the ladyboy scene is still the sames, taking wise RX words.

#7 tanewi

tanewi
  • Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 12:02 PM

Koh Samed is definitively "take your own".  I have stayed there too for a couple of nights.

There is basically two distinct sides to island, one side is backpackers, 7-11's and very cheap digs, the other side is more luxurious and has decent hotels in a complex with shared pool and beach.  The restaurants in the complex are very expensive, even by western standards.  The internet fees are also very dear.  Nevertheless the various hotels in the complex are still very good for a few days.  

There is no night life  on the "complex side" which comprises key hotels of Ao Prao resort, and Lima coco.  There are tuk tuks to the other side of the island, slightly expensive.  Ferries go direct to the complex/resort side as well as the back-packer side.  Many bars in the backpacker side, Bob Marley bar most enjoyable.

Recommended for 2-3 nights.

• dixon cox likes this

#8 BERZERK

BERZERK
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 04:29 AM

Ko Samed back in the early 1990s was a beautiful idyllic backpacker paradise. Now it's full of perverts escaping Pattaya for a night. Go there if you must but I would never do it again. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci