newbie wingman bangkok

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 tomhydel80

tomhydel80
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 05:26 PM

Hi everybody. My name is Tom and this is my first post here, although I have been lurking around for few days already.

As a complete beginner I will come to Bangkok for a short trip between 22-27.6. Given realy short time and zero experience it will be quite complicated to get most of this trip. So if there is any experienced member of this forum willing to help me with the start and share some knowledge and even be a wingman for safer start, I would be glad to invite you for a drink or two :cheers:

As per advices around the forum I will be probably staying in reasonable distance from Nana area. As I understood those bars should be ideal starting point for LB collector.

#2 veveron

veveron
  • Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 02:56 AM

Well, you picked an exciting time to visit Bangkok. But access to the tourist areas still seems clear, and if you're staying anywhere around nana everything should be walking distance anyway.

#3 shyguyuk

shyguyuk
  • Members
  • 127 posts
  • LocationSukhumvit, Bangkok

Posted 22 May 2014 - 03:54 AM

Dear Tom

Indeed, Veveron is right. Let's see what the next few weeks brings but personally am not worried that it will impact key area like Nana so much.... more later.

And, welcome to the forum and the plans for your future trip.

I have recently moved here and have offered newbie travelers any help and support on their first/initial outings.

Will be happy to extend the same to you when you're here and so long as I'm around then will be happy to have a drink with you and to walk you around a bit.

As I live fairly close to Nana I can easily meet just to get you started or for a big night out depending on what I'm doing. Either way, fear not and plan nothing!!!

PM me when suits and we can keep in touch.

Cheers

SG

• batman4ever likes this

#4 jonnieb

jonnieb
  • Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 04:23 PM

Wow an offer of a couple brewskies for a lifetime of knowledge! When the offer gets up to dinner at Le Normandie get back to me.

#5 tomhydel80

tomhydel80
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 10:39 PM

Yes, looks like the timing is perfect. But unfortunately I was not able to influence the dates. Will see what next month will bring.
Thank you SG for your offer, I will PM you before my departure to agree on details. I hope the situation will be steady then.
Jonnieb - I would probably prefer partial to lifetime knowledge, as once I spend my budget on Le Normandie, there will be no money left for the rest of the trip☺
Tom

#6 bkk7

bkk7
  • Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationBKK

Posted 02 June 2014 - 05:34 AM

Tom, i live here, so just PM me or IM me or whatever and i'll show you the ropes. i'm a younger guy (early 30s) but i have been around here for 7 years, so i'll def wingman for you for a drink or 2!

Hi everybody. My name is Tom and this is my first post here, although I have been lurking around for few days already.

As a complete beginner I will come to Bangkok for a short trip between 22-27.6. Given realy short time and zero experience it will be quite complicated to get most of this trip. So if there is any experienced member of this forum willing to help me with the start and share some knowledge and even be a wingman for safer start, I would be glad to invite you for a drink or two :cheers:

As per advices around the forum I will be probably staying in reasonable distance from Nana area. As I understood those bars should be ideal starting point for LB collector.

• shyguyuk and tomhydel80 like this

#7 shyguyuk

shyguyuk
  • Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 12:51 AM

Tom

Well that was a great introduction (I thought) to the BKK world of places, spaces and people tonight...

Good to see you in town and glad we had the chance to catch up and I could share my experiences with you.

Hope this will only add to your increasing interest, appreciation and connection to the scene and hope I did not scare you off!!!!

Until we meet again...

Best

SG 

#8 tomhydel80

tomhydel80
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 01:49 AM

Thanks SG,
Really enjoyed the introduction. It was intense. To enter Cascade for the first time, for a complete beginner was kind of scarry for the first few minutes, but nr. 99 did a good job to make me relaxed☺
I guess that timing of my trip was not so bad in the end... Only problem is it was too short.
Thank you once again and see you soon.
Tom

#9 Nick Bullseye

Nick Bullseye
  • Members
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:49 PM

Nr. 99 is Pai.

Nick Bullseye

#10 tomhydel80

tomhydel80
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:33 PM

Yes, that was her. She is gorgeous.

#11 shyguyuk

shyguyuk
  • Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 12:50 AM

She was but also having a handful of the lovely Jasmine on my other side kept me from staring at Pai....  ;)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: newbie, wingman, bangkok

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci