How Do You Ask A Ladyboy If They're A Top or Bottom

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 jonnieb

jonnieb
  • Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:13 AM

Even after 10 years in Thailand, one thing I have yet to learn or find is the expression in Thai for the gay/ladyboy concepts during sex of being a "top" or "bottom." Very few of the the gay boys or ladyboys I chat-up in bars and clubs know these roles by this Western nomenclature. They usually have no idea what I'm trying to ask them. It can make for confusion and a frustrating pre-coitel interview process.

Of course, I can always revert to asking them if they're "pen puchai or pen puying" in bed but that's often odd sounding when talking to a hot sexy ladyboy. I have also heard on occasion the terms "king" and "queen" for the active and passive roles and the term "strong" for the male/active partner.

Do any of you know the Thai language expressions used in Thai gay culture to refer to the active and passive roles during sexual intercourse?

#2 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts
  • LocationCentral Pattaya

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:30 AM

Of course, I can always revert to asking them if they're "pen puchai or pen puying" in bed but that's often odd sounding when talking to a hot sexy ladyboy. 

Do any of you know the Thai language expressions used in Thai gay culture to refer to the active and passive roles during sexual intercourse?

I've never heard of the K&Q reference in Thailand before, ever. I imagine there could be misunderstandings with the revered one which may cause an issue in such a context and would not be recommended. I'm a little uncomfortable with that four-letter word even being used at all on this forum.

The role to which you're inquiring is not one I seek so personally I do not know what it might be in Thai. I have, however, learned the Thai phrases which suit my own oral fascinations.

It is common to hear a ladyboy say "you boom-boom me, I boom-boom you". Despite it's simplicity it seems to be commonly used and understood. If she says "I am lady" then it tends to mean she is only a bottom.

Prostitutes have heard it all before and even simple infantile parlance cuts through the language barrier and gets the question or message across. A farang speaking Thai is fraught with potential issues and misunderstandings. Despite Thinglish sounding awful it is often the best or only way to get a message over if you're not proficient enough in Thai.

Meum cerebrum nocet

#3 Swedeman007

Swedeman007
  • Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:32 AM

Trying to use western terminology translated to Thai doesn't always work so well as you have already experienced. 

Most, if not all p4p LBs, speak a bit of English, and I have found only the fresh imports from Issan to be lacking in the basic English language. Though basic they can understand more than they sometime make out to reveal themselves. Kind of how we don't always lead on to them knowing we speak a bit of Thai, though basic, but enough to understand when they are talking nonsense. 

I always ask them, "you can boom boom me?" " you have power?" . Those very specific questions usually lead to getting an answer that they are either small in cock size, which may not matter, or that they are taking hormones and cannot get hard. You can also point at their cock, and then point to your ass and ask them " you can do?". If a girl doesn't have some very basic comprehension of the language then I am usually not interested anyhow. As you know, learning the language helps them make money. Hence they pick up the language rather quickly. 

-Swedeman007

• ramo31 likes this

#4 jonnieb

jonnieb
  • Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:56 AM

Yeah...I've tried the finger pointing at my ass routine and it gets the point across but was just wondering if anyone knew what the Thais themselves do...or do they just wait till they get to the room and see who has the bigger cock ☺

I guess nobody really knows..maybe have to post this query on a more gay oriented site like Utopia Asia.

#5 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:01 AM

Why don't you just ask the next ladyboy you meet who speaks reasonable English how they say it?

.. That's what I'd do. Then next time ask another and compare etc..

Meum cerebrum nocet

#6 jonnieb

jonnieb
  • Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:34 AM

Why don't you just ask the next ladyboy you meet who speaks reasonable English how they say it?

.. That's what I'd do. Then next time ask another and compare etc..

Ok...been here 10 years so shouldn't be long till I find one..

#7 strobriand

strobriand
  • Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:37 PM

I have been told by numerous ladyboys outside of P4P that Thai guys never fuck them. They tell me they are usually the bottom, this is another peculiarity of fafafini in Samoa who insist to their friends that they would never go with a guy that was gay i.e wanted a dick up his asse.

My own personal experience is that the lines are a bit more blurred than that but the swedeman has obviously mastered all the idiosyncracies of lady boy body language and  sign language
:blush:

so suggest sticking with his glossary

#8 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:43 PM

Ok...been here 10 years so shouldn't be long till I find one..

Perhaps it was just too obvious.

Meum cerebrum nocet

#9 jonnieb

jonnieb
  • Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:37 PM

Perhaps it was just too obvious.

Huh?

#10 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:11 AM

Huh?

Khun yet pohm chai mai krab?

~ you fuck me?

Meum cerebrum nocet

#11 jonnieb

jonnieb
  • Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:06 PM

Khun yet pohm chai mai krab?
~ you fuck me?

Yes yes many, including me, know the literal Thai for asking a ladyboy to stick their dick in our asses (I guess it's bphak in your case). I was asking in the op if anyone knew if there were words used by Thais to convey the concept of being a "top" or "bottom" during sexual intercourse. I guess not.

#12 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:44 PM

(I guess it's bphak in your case). 

Yes it is  :D

I'm out again tonight too, naturally, 'tis the season to be jolly, so I'll do your asking again for you.

~ Khun eye lore? 

Hopefully your New Year's resolution is to cheer up a bit, just a bit mind you, lets not run before we can walk  :lol:

• jimbo34 likes this

Meum cerebrum nocet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci