Immigration Lines

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 mrfeizhu

mrfeizhu
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:02 PM

How long are the lines at immigration at the airport in Bangkok?  i know last year it was very slow?  Thanks

#2 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts
  • LocationCentral Pattaya

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:07 PM

Depends what time you arrive and whether you've landed alongside other large aircraft or if you're a slow walker.

Last time I came through a few weeks ago (arriving) it looked very busy but wasn't too bad. They have one queue per side and you're filtered into very small queues once you reach the front. Much like a Post Office queuing system and far better than it was previously. Same occurred when leaving at immigration too.

I still had to wait a while to collect my baggage from the conveyor, so getting through immigration fast isn't always of benefit.

Meum cerebrum nocet

#3 jaybee111

jaybee111
  • Members
  • 389 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:54 AM

In April, I arrived at Suvarnabhumi at about 11:40 PM (23:40) on a Tuesday and there was no line at all. Prior trip I touched down at 10:00 AM and waited about 45 minutes in queue.

#4 tourist

tourist
  • Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:40 AM

Depends what time you arrive and whether you've landed alongside other large aircraft or if you're a slow walker.

Last time I came through a few weeks ago (arriving) it looked very busy but wasn't too bad. They have one queue per side and you're filtered into very small queues once you reach the front. Much like a Post Office queuing system and far better than it was previously.

Fully agree, I used to land at 6.00am , enter the immigrtion area and WTF ... hundreds of horny farangs and naive honeymooners in front of me, I used that time mentally betting on who'll be my 1st LB available in Patts in 2 or 3 hours time!

Lately things have improved with fine gg handling the incoming crowds.. no worries,there !

I went to the Dark side and found the Light !!!

#5 Moo Yung

Moo Yung
  • Administrators
  • 649 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:10 PM

I've passed through Bangkok immigration a lot over the last 8 months and haven't had to wait more than 15 minutes to get through. Two or so years back I had a couple of 40+ min waits.

There is also a new system when leaving which seems to have killed those next exit queues.

Find us on facebook: LADYBOYFORUM

#6 batman4ever

batman4ever

• Moderators
  • 4,822 posts
  • LocationScandinavia

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:29 PM

I've passed through Bangkok immigration a lot over the last 8 months and haven't had to wait more than 15 minutes to get through. Two or so years back I had a couple of 40+ min waits.

There is also a new system when leaving which seems to have killed those next exit queues.

indeed..it seems to goes a lot faster now...both ways :clapclap:  before you had to look carefull at each queu before choose one that seems to go fast...now it doesnt matter.. :rock:

A ladyboy is a kind of creature...that makes a txt saying...dont you trust me...and send it to 20 people... :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

https://www.facebook.com/ladyboyforum

#7 Woof1

Woof1
  • Members
  • 910 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 03:26 AM

From what Batman and Moo are saying above, it may be a toss up to use the Bangkok Flight services or not?

Using Cathay they always part Way the Heck out of there, and after 18 hours of flight and 2 connections, I am still tempted.

ETA 10:00 AM though, so from what I read, should be OK?

So many LB So Little Time

#8 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:05 AM

... it may be a toss up to use the Bangkok Flight services or not?

Remember, you still have to wait for your baggage to arrive on the conveyor, so you end up waiting there instead.

This GG operated filtration system they use these days also seems to avoid the irritation and frustration that often used to arise where a couple or family would split-up and join two or more queues and then the slower ones would jump over to join the fastest one. Wankers.

In the old days I always used to choose the queue with fellow farang or asians and no 'others', you know who I mean. Those 'others' often seemed to take longer to get processed and were thick as shit filling out their arrival's cards.
  • MrDragon likes this

Meum cerebrum nocet

#9 veveron

veveron
  • Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:13 AM

Nervous as hell the first time through immigration, but about the lines, of the three times I've been through the regular lines have been backed up almost to the spot where you turn to go to immigration.  First time took more than 1 hr I think. Next two times got the express cards, so through in 10mins.

Only times I've arrived so far have been 11pm- 1am. The next time will be almost 2pm so might be interesting to see what it's like during the day.

#10 donnykey

donnykey
  • Members
  • 3,369 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:21 PM

Here is a bit of info for you. When you arrive at immigration take a look and if it is busy just walk another 100 meters or so. There is a second one.

Cheers DK

Oh so happy when in LOS

#11 Woof1

Woof1
  • Members
  • 910 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:29 AM

Remember, you still have to wait for your baggage to arrive on the conveyor, so you end up waiting there instead.

This GG operated filtration system they use these days also seems to avoid the irritation and frustration that often used to arise where a couple or family would split-up and join two or more queues and then the slower ones would jump over to join the fastest one. Wankers.

In the old days I always used to choose the queue with fellow farang or asians and no 'others', you know who I mean. Those 'others' often seemed to take longer to get processed and were thick as shit filling out their arrival's cards.

Got you DC, Well, after almost 24 hrs flying, I'll enjoy the walk from concourse G to Immigration this time, will see if the "New Filtering System" is worth it or not.

IN any case, as said got to wait for the old Container.

So many LB So Little Time

#12 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:49 AM

I reckon what really happens and what we think happens are not always equal.

Following days, weeks or months of anticipation you're on your way. A multi-hour flight cooped-up in your little seat space seems to last an eternity. You've painfully plotted the plane's progress on the little screen in front of you for hours. After touch down and miles of taxiing it seems like a lifetime until you can walk down the aisle and exit the aircraft. Every 10 steps down the concourse feels like you've advanced only one and people are blocking your way on the moving walkways. Once at the immigration queue it looks 10 times worse than it really is and while queuing inline each minute feels like ten. Your baggage takes a lifetime to appear and everyone else has left with theirs already. All the slow people suddenly get in your way as you trundle your trolley through the green lane. You forget which way the taxi rank was and walk further than was necessary....

The moment eventually arrives, you're checked-in at your hotel, in your room, the AC, lights and TV have been demonstrated by the bell-boy and the door clicks behind him. You're now alone in the room. While having a piss you glance in the mirror to see a farang with the biggest shit-eating grin on his face looking back at you. You clench your fist and punch the air... "Yes!"  :mrgreen:

• Premier, Snake Dr and jaybee111 like this

Meum cerebrum nocet

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci