TB Warning on Thaivisa dot com

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 thailover57

thailover57
  • Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:23 PM

Only 24 confirmed cases, but 186 positives out of 800 nightspots checked.

http://www.thaivisa....m_campaign=news
Old, cantankerous, and sorry if I piss you off - well, not really. Just enjoy!

#2 petesie

petesie
  • Members
  • 8,011 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:27 PM

I've not noticed anything on the Dengue fever yet...mibbe it's a wee bit early yet. 8)

That reminds me to get some of my shots up to date as I've not bothered for a few years. :blush:
"My advice is just thank the god that doesnt exist for the rib he didnt take to create the women thats not a women that he didnt make for the naturaly uncut cock n enjoy it, they sure are fun." - Boomdraw

#3 Woof1

Woof1
  • Members
  • 910 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:17 AM

If I recall BCG is done in the Western Hemisphere either in School (or at least it is where I got mine) or by docs. Something tells me it is like Polio, an almost compulsory thing.
Dengue, don't think there is a vaccine against it. Personally I'll treat it just like MAlaria, keep the G&T coming. Either way, something will get you, Liver or the Mohito

#4 rxpharm

rxpharm
  • Moderators
  • 3,339 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:48 PM

BCG vaccination is compulsory in Thailand - and as a result of this vaccination, a person will often show a false +ve result on the regular TB skin test.

I would say this report overstates the cases of TB in Thailand due to the BCG vaccinations causing a higher than normal rate of false +ves.

#5 Woof1

Woof1
  • Members
  • 910 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:56 AM

Got you RX.
Interesting, after reading the thread, I happen to surf WHO and went to surrounding Countries, Laos, Cambodia, Myanmar. Have a quick surf, statistics as I take it on their site as being accurate show some disturbing facts though. Not as far as Thailand is concerned, but neighbouring countries (Less $ injected in the Medical protection or prevention) not a big shock, but allarming

#6 larrylarry

larrylarry
  • Members
  • 472 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 10:24 AM

I got exposed this year. Its sucks I cant drink now (I am limited to 2 drinks a night max) for 9 months while on therapy. That said I traveled to Cambodia, Viet Nam and to some more remote areas in Esan this past trip as well as the usual stops. I guess I could have also been exposed here in US too as I work in a fairly high risk environment. Regardless of where I was exposed I am stuck taking these dam pills.

#7 Spyder Rocket

Spyder Rocket
  • Members
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 11:16 PM

I turned up positive on that TB tine test a few years ago and underwent that treatment as well. From what my doctor told me, that series of medication isn't 100 percent effective.

Tuberculosis can lay dormant in your body for decades and become active when you get older and your immune systems weakens. It is something you'll have to keep your doctor informed of over the years.

In between the time of my last negative test and the positive test, I had been to 11 different countries, including Thailand.

Hepatitis A/B are a real possibility of encountering in Thailand.

It is always wise to make sure your vaccinations are up to date if you travel to Thailand, but it is just a good idea regardless of where you live or how much you travel.
  • jaybee111 and khaosphere like this

#8 rxpharm

rxpharm
  • Moderators
  • 3,339 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 07:38 AM

That is good advice Spyder Rocket. TB is becoming a major concern as multiple-drug resistant strains are developing. This is quite serious as the traditional antibiotics won't cure it and many patients don't comply with entire treatment (which can take months), contributing to resistant TB bacteria development.

Even the old STDs like gonorrhea, syphlis, chlamydia etc., are starting to develop antibiotic resistant strains. Once easily cured with a shot or a 10 day course of antibiotics now becomes complicated or even untreatable. So it isn't just HIV to worry about anymore, using condoms is the only reasonable way to avoid these kind of infections.

:cnd:

#9 Surin Nix

Surin Nix
  • Members
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 06:35 PM

Question for you Rx.

If i carefully and thoroughly wash a girls butthole in the shower, including insertion of a soapy finger a few inches inside, am i thus doing a good job of mitigating risk from giving her a rimjob?

I'm new to rimming. My first time this trip.

That is what i've been doing, followed immediately after sex with a large gargle of Listerine®.

How scared should i be?
  • larrylarry likes this
Nix

#10 rxpharm

rxpharm
  • Moderators
  • 3,339 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 08:36 PM

Hi Surin Nix, while I cannot give you absolute percentages, you are taking wise precautions.

However, if you notice anything unusual before you start the action (ie, unusual growths, discharges, blood, etc.), I would avoid going ahead, even with your preparations.

• filipef and Surin Nix like this

:cnd:

#11 Surin Nix

Surin Nix
  • Members
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 08:59 PM

Hi Surin Nix, while I cannot give you absolute percentages, you are taking wise precautions.

However, if you notice anything unusual before you start the action (ie, unusual growths, discharges, blood, etc.), I would avoid going ahead, even with your preparations.

Thanks amigo. Much obliged.
Nix

#12 Surin Nix

Surin Nix
  • Members
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 02:07 PM

I got exposed this year. Its sucks I cant drink now (I am limited to 2 drinks a night max) for 9 months while on therapy. That said I traveled to Cambodia, Viet Nam and to some more remote areas in Esan this past trip as well as the usual stops. I guess I could have also been exposed here in US too as I work in a fairly high risk environment. Regardless of where I was exposed I am stuck taking these dam pills.

Hi Larry,

Been awhile since we've heard anything. I always enjoyed your posts.

Just want to say that i hope your recovery has gone well, and i hope you are doing fine.
Nix

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci