Miss International Queen 2012, Nov 2/12, Pattaya, Thailand

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#85 rxpharm

rxpharm
  • Moderators
  • 3,339 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:22 AM

The final shots - you can see just how many press were present, it had widespread coverage.

So it ends for another year - notable though, for a first time win by a fully deserving Filipina lb.

Attached Files

#86 jaybee111

jaybee111
  • Members
  • 389 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:26 AM

YAY Kevin!

I agree, she is deserving of the title...even just looking at your photo work, she was my favorite.

Thanks again for sharing your experience and photos withus RX!

#87 Surin Nix

Surin Nix
  • Members
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:56 AM

Great work Brother Rx!

A lot of beauties there, and an event that I wish I could have seen live. Thanks for your documentary work.

I never thought I'd find myself saying "..i'd gladly have a go with Kevin".

I draw the line at Kevin Bacon, though. :gayf:
Nix

#88 rxpharm

rxpharm
  • Moderators
  • 3,339 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:18 PM

jaybee111 and Surin Nix, thanks for the comments! As usual, beauty contests are not everyone's cup of tea - although this thread has had a good number of views.

It is getting pricey for the VIP seats though, I see Miss Tiffany 2013 has increased the price to 2800 Baht from 2500, so if I am able to get the time off to go, I will probably have to opt for the cheaper balcony seats.

If you are truly interested in the lb scene - I would suggest you take in one of these contests with an lb companion who can translate what is going on (especially for MTU).

Someone posted that Kevin is now postop, having used her some of her prizes to achieve one of her dreams. Having seen a few of these now, Kevin had something else about her that the other Filipina contestants didn't seem to have. Perhaps more self-confidence, drive and also charisma that helped her win. I had heard rumors that a Filipina ts would never win MIQ - and I am glad that has been proved wrong.

#89 drhoneytongue

drhoneytongue
  • Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:52 PM

There are a few videos and documentaries of MIQ 2012 on Youtube, including a long interview with the 3rd prize US LB. It seems the 3rd prize was just US$500, and a couple of shop/ clinic coupons, not a huge amounting considering the costs of travel, dresses, make-up, etc. that she must have spent. Still, she said she had a really good time at the event :-)

37 years in Asia, 35 years with the 3rd sex.

When you take your last breath, don't be thinking, "I wish I had....." It'll be too late then!

#90 rxpharm

rxpharm
  • Moderators
  • 3,339 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:24 AM

Thanks drhoneytongue - I think maybe they meant the US TS who won best evening gown - Sunny DeeLite - the 3rd place contestant was Miss Thailand.

Sunny DeeLite has been in MIQ before.

Here's an interesting interview by a Filipino talk show with Kevin

#91 Woof1

Woof1
  • Members
  • 910 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:56 AM

Hey Dr Honeytongue.
Good to hear from you again.
Dom
So many LB So Little Time

#92 alyssaluxorofficial

alyssaluxorofficial
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:55 PM

So loving Kevin Balot a lot, she's still young and as far as i know she never had any face surgery such a natural beauty. Ive only seen her once in person very closely backstage and she is such a stunner

#93 rxpharm

rxpharm
  • Moderators
  • 3,339 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 02:37 AM

Yes Alyssa, Kevin is certainly a very worthy winner. She exuded confidence during the contest - yet was not a "Diva" either, very down to earth and natural.

Here's another TV segment done by Pattaya Channel. Very touching at the end, where she says her family could not enter the theatre and waited in the lobby, because they couldn't afford the tickets.

#94 jaybee111

jaybee111
  • Members
  • 389 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:12 PM

Hurray for Kevin but it is very sad her parents didn't get to see her win! You would think the pageant would comp the girls a pair of tickets for at least the parents who accompany and suport them. :redcard:

#95 rxpharm

rxpharm
  • Moderators
  • 3,339 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:16 PM

Hurray for Kevin but it is very sad her parents didn't get to see her win! You would think the pageant would comp the girls a pair of tickets for at least the parents who accompany and suport them. :redcard:

Agreed jaybee111 - however it was a surprise trip - so I don't think the pageant organizers would have known until they showed up. From what I understand the contest was sold out.

#96 rxpharm

rxpharm
  • Moderators
  • 3,339 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 12:52 PM

An old thread to be sure, but a recent video with Kevin Balot that gives more insight into her life:

:cnd:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci