LB FRIENDLY BANGKOK HOTELS

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#1 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 06:26 PM

I’ll try to keep a definitive list of the most popular LB friendly hotels in Bangkok.

LB friendly means you should not have any problems bringing an LB or GG back to your room, and will not be charged a joiner's fee or any other fee. In some cases a joiner’s fee may be charged when bringing back more than 1 guest to your room at a time (usually around 500bht).

Any relevant posts are linked below the hotel.

The hotels are listed in price order, not popularity or preference.
The ‘BOOK HERE’ link will take you directly to the hotel’s website or booking agent.

Let me know if I’m missing anywhere major, or anywhere new or highly recommended, and I’ll try to keep it up-to-date.

For more precise details of location, each hotel is in the interactive LB map here:

BANGKOK MAP

Last update: 18 March 2009

THE STAR INN – Rooms from 1200bht

Small but very clean and comfortable hotel on soi 7/1, next to the infamous Eden Club.

Very friendly and welcoming staff. The standard rooms are way too small, but for 1500 the larger rooms are quite nice.

No pool and not a great deal of facilities/amenities, but the location is very good and they have mirrors on the ceilings!

BOOK HERE

IBIS NANA - rooms from 1120 bht

New hotel based half way down Soi Nana, within walking distance to the Nana Plaza.

Clean, comfortable and a great bargain at it's current price.

IBIS Nana Hotel Review

BOOK HERE

THE NANA HOTEL – Rooms from 1200bht

A Bangkok institution and probably the most famous sex tourist hotel in the world. It’s badly in need of renovation and customer service training.

Has an ok pool, an ok restaurant and a disco full of freelancing GGs which runs from 8pm to 2am.

Nana Hotel Review - Nana Hotel Review 2

BOOK HERE

THE DYNASTY INN – Rooms from 1280bht

Koykaeng’s hotel of choice. I find the rooms to be on the small side and it doesn’t have a pool, but it’s great value for money, extremely guest friendly, right next door to the NEP, and it’s clean with very warm and friendly staff. I’d recommend it as a better alternative to the Nana Hotel.

They also offer special deals on their Pattaya hotel, including free transport if you book at least 2 nights.

Dynasty Inn Vs Majestic Suites - Dynasty Inn Review - Dynasty Inn Review 2

BOOK HERE

THE STABLE LODGE – Rooms from 1300bht

I stayed here in December 06 and had very few complaints.
A very friendly small hotel on Soi 8, run by a Thai/Scandinavian couple, which makes for a very good hotel restaurant.

It’s guest friendly, but also very laid back, with a nice pool and garden, with relaxing poolside food and bar service. A refreshing change from some of the more hunter orientated hotels in the area.

1300 (standard) 1400 (superior) but +100bht (OCT to APRL)

BOOK HERE

MAJESTIC SUITES – Rooms from 1420bht

A little bit more expensive than the Nana Hotel and Dynasty Inn, but some would argue you get a little more for your money. Again, good location, guest friendly but no pool and the standard rooms are known to be on the small side.

Dynasty Inn Vs Majestic Suites - Majestic Suites Review

BOOK HERE

LE FENIX - Rooms from 1620 bht

A fairly new looking, clean and comfortable hotel on SOi 3, close to the Q Bar and with a brisk stroll to Sukhumvit and Soi Nana.

Good looking value for money and a few BMs have recommended this place recently.

Le Fenix Review

BOOK HERE

ASPEN SUITES - Rooms from 2200bht

Good location, walking distance to Nana Plaza and the Sukhumvit strip.

Very clean and comfortable, a good safe pick around the 2000-3000 bht mark.

Aspen Suites Review

BOOK HERE

THE GRAND PRESIDENT - Rooms from 2300bht

Recommended by Woof1

A large collection of studio rooms and serviced aparments, in a prime location on Sukhumvit Soi 11.

Facilities include: Three swimming pools, A fully equipped Fitness Center, Business Center, Laundry service, 24-hour reception, maintenance, and security services. Travel and Tour Desk and Complimentary car parking.

BOOK HERE

THE DYNASTY INN GRANDE - Rooms from 2680bht

Fast becoming the LB hunters hotel of choice. It’s currently my home when in BKK.

It’s more expensive than Nana, Dynasty Inn and the Majestic suites, but the extra luxury still makes it one of the best value for money hotels in Bangkok.

Excellent rooms, with ample space, laidback atmosphere, and quiet but elegant bar/restaurant . Friendly staff, very nice pool, and a small gym to boot. Location wise it’s about 7 mins walk along soi Nana to the NEP and Sukhumvit. If you can afford the extra why stay anywhere else.

The only small draw back is that they do charge a joiners fee when taking more than one guest back to you room at a time (500bht).

Dynasty Inn Grande Review

BOOK HERE

THE MAJESTIC GRANDE – Rooms from 3200bht

A more up market hotel, and a more luxurious than the Majestic suites. But the lower priced rooms are again on the small side, so you really need to take a bigger room to get the full benefit.

BOOK HERE

THE LANDMARK – Rooms from 4000bht

One of Sukhumvit’s top hotels, expensive, but close to 5 star quality and still good value for money in comparison to western prices.

Very close to the action – Nana and Guess Bar within easy walking distance, and its guest friendly.

Landmark Hotel Review

BOOK HERE

THE J W MARRIOT Rooms from 5000bht

Another recommended top quality hotel. Again, 5 star quality, good location and an excellent choice if it’s within your budget.
A luxury choice and guest friendly.

BOOK HERE

Dating ladyboys in Thailand Thai Friendly 

Meeting ladyboys around the world My Ladyboy Date

Best Thailand (and global) hotel deals Discounted Hotels

#2 Guest_pentire_*

Guest_pentire_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 September 2007 - 08:18 PM

Good piece of work Kliome!

#3 Automorph

Automorph
  • Members
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 09:30 PM

Nice thread Kliome. You have been a busy lad latey, haven't you???
Never try and teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

#4 pog1701

pog1701
  • Members
  • 540 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 06:36 AM

Thank you, excellent stuff
Hey

#5 pog1701

pog1701
  • Members
  • 540 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 06:50 AM

That hotel looks pretty good. I have paid anywhere between 100 and 150 euro for hotels a lot worse than this. That said I know each market is unique and each country is different. Though looks good for the price.
Hey

#6 Woof1

Woof1
  • Members
  • 910 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 11:27 PM

Adding to the List, the Grand President Soy 11, Studio suites Tower 2 go for Baht 2500 or so, but it's a suite with sitting area, Bedroom and Kitchen corner, recently renovated
So many LB So Little Time

#7 koykaeng

koykaeng
  • Members
  • 6,477 posts

Posted 13 October 2007 - 06:16 PM

I see the Dynasty Inn Grande or "DIG" as we like to call it, now has it's own dedicated website;

http://www.dynastygrande.com/

Also worth noting is that the room rate is set to rise commencing November 2007 from the current 2280 Baht up to 2680 Baht.

Will have to update the information in the original post above !

Cheers
Koykaeng
Sign in pub "In case of fire - break glass". Now my beer's gone everywhere, and there's still a fire.

#8 rxpharm

rxpharm
  • Moderators
  • 3,338 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 04:23 AM

I highly recommend the Grand Business Inn Hotel, Sukhumvit Soi 11. Friendly staff, guest friendly (lbs and ggs) - I've had up to 3 guests in my room without extra charge - and no problem with extra soap and towels!, free high speed internet in rooms via network port, free internet via workstations in lobby for guests (30 min limit each time), UBC cable TV, DVD players, free DVD movie loan from front desk, hair dryer on request, minibar (stocked with water - you buy your own from 7-11 next door), in room coffee/tea making facilities, etc.

Rooms start at 1600 Baht for the Superior rooms up to 2500 Baht for the Grand Suite.

Here is the website: http://www.grandbusi.../room_rate.html

#9 patrick

patrick
  • Members
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 05:41 PM

On recommendations from the "other forum" I've just booked the Adelphi suites in Soi 8. Stayed is soi 8 many times and like the location. The Adelphi has only been open a couple of weeks, but has already got an LB friendly tick.
I will be travelling with the wife next month, but if they let her in they'll let anyone in :D
Studio rooms 2500bht, cheaper then the new DIG rate.
I will report back.
When I were a lad we had the one thing that money can't buy....poverty

#10 patrick

patrick
  • Members
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 11:17 AM

I can now report back on the Adelphi Suites.
I can definitely recommend this property as both value for money and also LB friendly.
I had booked a Studio (2499BHT) for two nights and was upgraded to a one bed suite.
The studios are bigger than the DIG rooms and better appointed. Soi 8 is only 5 minutes from Nana and two minutes from BTS.
I turned up with my own LB, but also her LB friend, who had brought her up from Pattaya, not a problem for reception.
I will definitely stay there in future.
P.S nice to catch up with you at Guess Bar on 2 Jan Kliome, even if only for ST :lol:
  • Tale likes this
When I were a lad we had the one thing that money can't buy....poverty

#11 westbam

westbam
  • Members
  • 383 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 05:17 PM

I recomend the majestic suites stayed there for a week rooms are tidy well laid out staff are friendly, give the room service a miss tho the foods shit :lol:

#12 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 03:44 PM

Grand President - soi 11

Just stayed here the last 2 nights - 2500 per night including breakfast.

A bit more expensive than i would have liked, but very good accomodation, LB friendly even with 2 or more at the same time, and a first class buffet breakfast served from 5.30 am - 10.30 am. The 5.30 bit is useful after late night mongering!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci