What % of Thai Guys Become LBs ???

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 sharkdog

sharkdog
  • Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:54 PM

Thailand has to have more LBs as a % of the population than any other country. At least far, far more than anywhere I've ever been.

Has anyone ever heard any stats or estimates on the % of Thai guys that become LBs?

And is that percentage growing? (or maybe it is just that more feel ffree to come out these days)

No idea of why this is, though there is much more femininity in LOS than other countries... and that applies to both girls and guys.

I once heard a Public Broadcasting radio talk show say that an estimated 5% of the population is gay. In Thailand it seems the % of young Thai guys that are gay is far higher than that, and increasing... at least in Bangkok maybe even as much as 20 - 30% of the Thai guys I see that appear between the ages of 20 - 30 are either obviously gay or questionable.

But LBs I put in a different category (though I'm sure the radio talk show included them in her 5%).

No wonder so many Thai girls end up with a foreign guy. After subtracting the gay guys, the LBs and the various un-desireable types (drunks, crooks, lazy bums, uglies, politicians, etc)... not a big selection leftover it would seem.

#2 rxpharm

rxpharm
  • Moderators
  • 3,339 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:25 PM

sharkdog, those aren't exactly the kind of stats that someone would keep. They don't even know the total number of lbs in Thailand, so determining what percentage of Thai males become lbs, would be next to impossible.

There have been some guesses that there may be approximately 100,000 lbs in Thailand. The population of Thailand is about 67.5 million from the CIA Factbook. There are about 51% females and 49% males - which would mean around 33 million males. So 100,000/33 million x 100 = 0.3%

#3 kendal1972

kendal1972
  • Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:18 AM

sharkdog, those aren't exactly the kind of stats that someone would keep. They don't even know the total number of lbs in Thailand, so determining what percentage of Thai males become lbs, would be next to impossible.

There have been some guesses that there may be approximately 100,000 lbs in Thailand. The population of Thailand is about 67.5 million from the CIA Factbook. There are about 51% females and 49% males - which would mean around 33 million males. So 100,000/33 million x 100 = 0.3%

i'd read more conservative estimates, one article i'm sure I remember said about 10% of the male population was thought to be ladyboy. :rock:
that would be enough to keep me going for a while :harhar:

#4 JackG

JackG
  • Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:49 AM

....No idea of why this is, though there is much more femininity in LOS than other countries...

Only a mother can do that much damage.

#5 FRONT242

FRONT242
  • Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:00 PM

Well the mrs' nephew appears on his way to becoming the niece.
The lad had always been girlish but seeing him now at 14, he is definitely effeminate; the way he talks,walks, carry himself and act.
The grandmother and uncles blame the mother as she used to dress him up and play with makeup when he was younger. They also blame his friends, the ladyboy gang they call them.
The uncles are constantly taking the piss. The father a drunk (one kid effeminate, the other older one on his way to being a petty thug).
While i was there one uncle constantly told him to stop "overacting" or in his words "dont act like that here!"
Unfortunately the way he's built and his features, methinks he will not be a very good looking LB. I guess i will find out in a couple of years. Have to remember to be careful in that area too, dont want to be caught eyeing or bonking the nephew lol.

#6 rxpharm

rxpharm
  • Moderators
  • 3,339 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:02 PM

i'd read more conservative estimates, one article i'm sure I remember said about 10% of the male population was thought to be ladyboy. :rock:
that would be enough to keep me going for a while :harhar:

10% would be an incredible percentage. If that was right there would be 3.3 million ladyboys in Thailand - I don't think that's right. Perhaps we could get some sponsorship to do research and actually count how many there are!

#7 jaybee111

jaybee111
  • Members
  • 389 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:35 PM

I would happily volunteer to help with the census, RX! :harhar:

#8 kendal1972

kendal1972
  • Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:59 PM

I would happily volunteer to help with the census, RX! :harhar:

your gonna have to wait in line :lol:
that many ladyboys would be like I've died and gone to heaven :clapclap:

#9 sharkdog

sharkdog
  • Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:22 PM

Just from what I've seen being around some schools and other places where there are lots of young Thais (non-tourist areas and away from bars), I would not be surprised if it is around 2 - 4% of the young Thai male population. That's my guess anyway. Also I'm guessing it is increasing.

#10 LB3048

LB3048
  • Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 07:35 PM

I think Rxpharms suggestion of 0.3% is pretty realistic. We can get the wrong impression as sex tourists as so many ladyboys work in the game due to discrimination in regular employment and the big money they can earn as hookers.

To get a better idea, just go for a stroll where the locals can be found, places like shopping malls and markets, where you'll see a more representative cross section of the community. I've never seen anywhere near 10% of males in places like that dressed as females.

At 0.3%, that's one in every three hundred and thirty three people, I think this is close to the real figure.

#11 hankhavelock

hankhavelock
  • Members
  • 339 posts
  • LocationJakarta

Posted 16 June 2013 - 04:44 PM

I think Rxpharms suggestion of 0.3% is pretty realistic. We can get the wrong impression as sex tourists as so many ladyboys work in the game due to discrimination in regular employment and the big money they can earn as hookers.

To get a better idea, just go for a stroll where the locals can be found, places like shopping malls and markets, where you'll see a more representative cross section of the community. I've never seen anywhere near 10% of males in places like that dressed as females.

At 0.3%, that's one in every three hundred and thirty three people, I think this is close to the real figure.

This seems like a fair estimate - here in Indonesia (with a population of 240.000.000) I have seen estimates that there should be 7.000.000 transsexuals here - that would indicate that almost 3% of the population is transsexual, and I simply refuse to believe that - the closeted included.

Considerably less than 1% would be my empiric estimate.

Trans-people are probably more visual in Thailand than in Indonesia due to societal and religious adversity here, but the percentage in Southeastasia is probably quite similar - which of course (again) raises the question: why are some ppl transsexual? And why are there apparently more in Southeastasia?

Nobody has a conclusive answer to this enormously interesting question yet.

H

- I cherish the fact that the girls I date are braver than I

#12 hankhavelock

hankhavelock
  • Members
  • 339 posts
  • LocationJakarta

Posted 16 June 2013 - 04:49 PM

Just from what I've seen being around some schools and other places where there are lots of young Thais (non-tourist areas and away from bars), I would not be surprised if it is around 2 - 4% of the young Thai male population. That's my guess anyway. Also I'm guessing it is increasing.

That would actually match the Indonesian estimates, which I find hard to believe.

But yes, Indonesian statistics seem to support your percentages. I'm just not completely sure of the validity of these statistics yet - but I do find you observation very interesting.

H

- I cherish the fact that the girls I date are braver than I

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci