• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 rooster74

rooster74
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 05:34 PM

Hello BM's,

I want to post some pics but I don't want my face on the site. Any tips or programs to pixel my face in the photos.

Regards

rooster74

#2 Nick Bullseye

Nick Bullseye
  • Members
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 07 November 2011 - 06:23 PM

Use GIMP: http://www.gimp.org/ to cut out your face and replace it with a black square. Pixelisation or blurring can be reversed, so you are not safe doing those operations.

Nick Bullseye

#3 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts
  • LocationCentral Pattaya

Posted 08 November 2011 - 02:49 AM

Pixelisation or blurring can be reversed, so you are not safe doing those operations.

Very true. Remember the paedophile teacher in Thailand who was discovered by using that very method?

Paedo Pervert Justice

Attached Files

Meum cerebrum nocet

#4 sev7en

sev7en
  • Members
  • 3,650 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 05:57 AM

Use GIMP: http://www.gimp.org/ to cut out your face and replace it with a black square. Pixelisation or blurring can be reversed, so you are not safe doing those operations.

I just cut/ edited a pic in Gimp, bullseye, and now I'm trying to regret it, i can't recover it. Any ideas?

#5 Nick Bullseye

Nick Bullseye
  • Members
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 08 November 2011 - 06:03 AM

I just cut/ edited a pic in Gimp, bullseye, and now I'm trying to regret it, i can't recover it. Any ideas?

Rule number 1 in digital photography: NEVER perform an operation on the original. ALWAYS do a backup copy. However, if you are inside GIMP, it allows you to do a rollback to any stage before.

Nick Bullseye

#6 sev7en

sev7en
  • Members
  • 3,650 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 06:24 AM

Rule number 1 in digital photography: NEVER perform an operation on the original. ALWAYS do a backup copy. However, if you are inside GIMP, it allows you to do a rollback to any stage before.

Nope, i tried, but it won't let me. So now I'm installing diskwarrior.

#7 rooster74

rooster74
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:21 PM

Thanks for the replies,

Based on the above I think it will be better to post pics without me in them.

Still keen to post.

#8 Ivor Biggun

Ivor Biggun
  • Members
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 11:06 AM

Thanks for the replies,

Based on the above I think it will be better to post pics without me in them.

Still keen to post.

if you've got microsoft instead of all these weirdy beardy Apple types who are finding it difficult to post pics coz of editing issues ( :lol: ) just re-save a copy of the image, go into the edit function and paint over any faces you want. Save it, CHECK IT!!!, and then post. Microsoft also has a good free image re-sizer.

On the other hand I would personally go with what you have said and not post images of myself- too many creeps out there who may use them to your disadvantage :redcard:

#9 KendoUK

KendoUK
  • Members
  • 952 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 10:00 PM

these days I manage all my picture library with Google Picasa, that can take care of fixes to lighting and Red Eye.

I then export the originals from Picasa to lower res versions that can posted on the forums and also allows me to add a small watermark.

To blur out my face I use Paint.net that has all the tools you will need to distort areas of the photo quickly and easily.

Both these tools are free downloads.

On the examples below I have a picture of Jimbo on Soi Croc with samples of the Pixelate, Radial and Gaussian Blur options.

Attached Files

zinc n B-6 deficiency's, tends to make folks post crazy things like ''your a fagg you never fuked a trannie prostitute''.. - Boomdraw

#10 Surin Nix

Surin Nix
  • Members
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 05:12 AM

An extremely pertinent topic, my friend.

I admit to a certain impulse of wanting to just go ahead an post holiday snaps of my holiday. After all, it's just us friends here, right?

Tonight, I was talking to Flexxy in the bar. He mentioned the subject of face recognition software. If anybody here uses facebook, then you know that they use this technology routinely.

Post your photo here, no matter how well intentioned, and it is, IMHO, a matter of time that google, or whomever, is able to match your face with a google search, much in the same way that facebook does it now.

I like posting holiday pics. But because of the nature of our interest, and the desire for an element of privacy, I obscure my face with a free program using "photoscape".

I'm not too worried about the same fate as "Mr. Swirly", the pedophile who was captured in 2008 using reverse-swirly techonology. I honestly don't think that adult men with an interest in ladyboys is high on the priorities of the FBI or Scotland Yard.

The fellow BM's I meet, they know my face. Good enough for me.

Nix
Nix

#11 jayarr

jayarr
  • Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 05:35 AM

I was curious about watermark programs thanks

and I think I remember an article about swirlface a few years back. He was on the run for years until someone realized you could hold a key down while you use the swirl feature and it unswirls :lol:

#12 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts
  • LocationCentral Pattaya

Posted 28 November 2011 - 06:26 AM

But because of the nature of our interest, and the desire for an element of privacy, I obscure my face

You're absolutely right to do so.

But not only due to the nature of our interests, but privacy from people who just want to make our lives awkward because they've become jealous of what we do, how often we do it and with whom we do it.

The Facebook generation may well endure regrets in the future as it is so easy to find people, even just by simple association with others you know, via 'friends'. In fact, in just a few minutes I could've harvested pictures and full names (including surnames) of several prominent posters here on this forum.

Think on guys, is all that personal revelation to the world really necessary?

Remain anonymous to the internet, or you may live to regret it :!:

Meum cerebrum nocet

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci