iCloud

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 sev7en

sev7en
  • Members
  • 3,650 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 01:03 AM

Have any of you boys started using iCloud? I installed iOS5 today and so far it looks sweet 8)

#2 Guest_Pat Tire_*

Guest_Pat Tire_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 October 2011 - 09:19 AM

It's now installed on my i phone with the latest software, although still trying to establish it's benefits.......bit difficult to get my head around it while drinking for England and humping beautiful ladyboys here in Pattaya :D

#3 matchman

matchman
  • Members
  • 863 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:07 AM

Smile, one warning around iCloud is the photo stream.. You can set your phone and other apple devices to stream any pictures taken in the last 30 days to all other devices and store a copy in the cloud..

Which on the surface is pretty cool ... The problem is they havent as yet added the feature to DELETE the pictures from the cloud/stream which means the only way of removing them is a) wait 30 days b) edit the images and make them blank (which then has the stream overwriting the old.) or c) delete your iCloud account and create a new one.

Turning the stream off removes them from the local device but once you turn it back on they reappear..

I do like alot of the new features in IOS 5 but the cloud does look like it needs more work.. once items are sent to the cloud you cannot delete and of course who knows who can get into the cloud to see what you put there..

#4 sev7en

sev7en
  • Members
  • 3,650 posts

Have any of you boys started using iCloud? I installed iOS5 today and so far it looks sweet 8)

#5 Guest_Pat Tire_*

Guest_Pat Tire_*
  • Guests

It's now installed on my i phone with the latest software, although still trying to establish it's benefits.......bit difficult to get my head around it while drinking for England and humping beautiful ladyboys here in Pattaya :D

#6 matchman

matchman
  • Members
  • 863 posts

Smile, one warning around iCloud is the photo stream.. You can set your phone and other apple devices to stream any pictures taken in the last 30 days to all other devices and store a copy in the cloud..

Which on the surface is pretty cool ... The problem is they havent as yet added the feature to DELETE the pictures from the cloud/stream which means the only way of removing them is a) wait 30 days b) edit the images and make them blank (which then has the stream overwriting the old.) or c) delete your iCloud account and create a new one.

Turning the stream off removes them from the local device but once you turn it back on they reappear..

I do like alot of the new features in IOS 5 but the cloud does look like it needs more work.. once items are sent to the cloud you cannot delete and of course who knows who can get into the cloud to see what you put there..

#7 sev7en

sev7en
  • Members
  • 3,650 posts

#8 Guest_Pat Tire_*

Guest_Pat Tire_*
  • Guests

#9 matchman

matchman
  • Members
  • 863 posts

#10 sev7en

sev7en
  • Members
  • 3,650 posts

#11 Guest_Pat Tire_*

Guest_Pat Tire_*
  • Guests

#12 matchman

matchman
  • Members
  • 863 posts

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci