• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 indigo66

indigo66
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 03:20 AM

Not exactly a role model ...

But what a waste of talent,aged 27 only.
Bye Amy my dark angel.

Attached Files

#2 stonefre

stonefre
  • Members
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 03:58 AM

Jimi Hendrix ,Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison and Kurt Cobain all died at the same age. No one should die that young. She seemed a tortured soul.

#3 BigTel

BigTel
  • Members
  • 429 posts
  • LocationLinda Bar

Posted 24 July 2011 - 05:25 PM

I am listening to two of Her albums now, Amy Winehouse & Back to Black, such a great talent, very sad indeed .
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

#4 Surin Nix

Surin Nix
  • Members
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 06:23 PM

She was one funky lady.

I've had "Rehab" on my mind (the song, not the institution) stuck in my head ever since I heard about Amy.

RIP.
Nix

#5 Guest_pentire_*

Guest_pentire_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2011 - 06:11 AM

I heard the news report on the car radio early on Saturday evening while driving into Central London following an afternoon at Ascot Races.
I have to say, it came as no surprise. Amy Winehouse has been killing herself for five years with her continued abuse of drugs and the demon drink, those close to her, tried so hard to help conquer those demons within, but everytime she emerged from rehab, seemingly within weeks Amy was back on the sauce. Such a waste of a young life and incredible talent.
Newspaper reports suggest she downed a massive cocktail of heroin, ecstasy and incredibly the horse tranquilliser ketamine...

What an awful day it was yesterday, Saturday 23rd July; Amy's death, the atrocious murders in Norway and at Ascot Racecourse thousands of us witnessed a champion racehorse snap his near foreleg in half as he launched his challenge to win the big race of the summer.

#6 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 06:35 PM

A truly terrible day, I agree, Pentire.

My friend Ben, who posted sometimes on here as Benben took his own life on saturday, in a hotel room in Surrey. A onetime neighbour at The Skylab, i'm truly devastated.

RIP Ben - your troubles are over.

#7 Crackerjax

Crackerjax
  • Members
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 07:42 PM

I remember that forum name - very sad to hear that Jimbo.

Must be so terrible when one feels there is no way out.

I used to think the same of Iron Mike Tyson as Pentire felt about Amy Winehouse. But Tyson seems to have found a new calling as an ironically comedic actor, so hopefully he will make it to a ripe old age. Unfortunately not the case for the talented Miss Winehouse.

RIP Ben and Amy.

#8 indigo66

indigo66
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 11:21 PM

One citation that impressed me :

" The height of my cotton candy (her hair) is enversely proportional to my self-confidence. "

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.jpg   26.45KB   918 downloads

#9 indigo66

indigo66
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 03:20 AM

Not exactly a role model ...

But what a waste of talent,aged 27 only.
Bye Amy my dark angel.

#10 stonefre

stonefre
  • Members
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 03:58 AM

Jimi Hendrix ,Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison and Kurt Cobain all died at the same age. No one should die that young. She seemed a tortured soul.

#11 BigTel

BigTel
  • Members
  • 429 posts
  • LocationLinda Bar

Posted 24 July 2011 - 05:25 PM

I am listening to two of Her albums now, Amy Winehouse & Back to Black, such a great talent, very sad indeed .
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

#12 Surin Nix

Surin Nix
  • Members
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 06:23 PM

She was one funky lady.

I've had "Rehab" on my mind (the song, not the institution) stuck in my head ever since I heard about Amy.

RIP.
Nix

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci