• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Raver

Raver
  • Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 03:21 PM

Hello to all BMs!
I plan to stay 1 or 2-3 months in Pattaya from January, i think about from 3rd or 4th of January. I want be cheap charlie this time ) What accomodation options i have for 100-200$ a month ? I will spent the day at the beach, maybe some short trips to Bangkok and in evening i will go barhop, not everyday. It will be good if it will be without joiner fee. And what about cheap food ? I think on long term stay better to buy something in 7-11 than eat every time in restaurant or cafe.
Thanks in advance

#2 thailover57

thailover57
  • Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 04:05 PM

I don't think you'll find anything on Agoda, and any place that inexpensive will not likely have a web site. I have seen signs on Second Road with places offering rooms for 180 baht per night but have no information about them.
Old, cantankerous, and sorry if I piss you off - well, not really. Just enjoy!

#3 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 04:41 PM

'kinell! 3,000 - 6,000 per month? Good luck with that! Bring plenty of insect repellant!

#4 soulboy

soulboy
  • Members
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 03:11 AM

What accomodation options i have for 100-200$ a month ? I

You could always break a window or something and get a month in jail if you are that desperate to save money :roll:

#5 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 03:55 AM

I know of nice places in Pattaya and Bangkok for 10k per month, some with all bills, facilities and wifi included, but at the prices you are talking you are not affording much comfort, let alone luxury, prepare for doom and gloom.

On a long stay you're going to spend more time in the room, having at least the odd night in, if not every other, so slide a bit more of the budget towards the accommodation or wait until there are more pennies in the jar.

Alternatively, with the kind of budget you are talking about you would have a more memorable time turning up and blowing it in a week, having a blast.

Dating ladyboys in Thailand Thai Friendly 

Meeting ladyboys around the world My Ladyboy Date

Best Thailand (and global) hotel deals Discounted Hotels

#6 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 04:05 AM

what about cheap food ? I think on long term stay better to buy something in 7-11 than eat every time in restaurant or cafe.

It's cheaper to eat at most Thai restaurants than any 7-Eleven.

7-Elevens are fine for a packet of biscuits or some mouthwash, maybe even the odd emergency cup of noddles but if you're planning on dining out on 7Eleven microwave meals and pot noodles for amost of your long stay put a bit more of your budget towards potential medical bills.

There's a 30bht noodle soup/chicken and rice/Pad Tai, on just about every corner of Pattaya. It's 35bht for a large Penang Curry with rice at the Thai restaurant across from my gates. And it's 32bht for a small box of cardboard flavoured mircowaved egg rice at the 7/11. Enough said.

#7 Guest_pentire_*

Guest_pentire_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2011 - 04:18 AM

I agree, buying fast food from 7/11's would probably be more expensive than many of the Thai style restaurants and pavement cafes.

As for accomodation in the price range you seek, I'm doubtful many posters are familar with that price/standard. It would probably secure little more than a basic room in downtown Pattaya along with a old bed, piss stained mattress, cold shower & non flushing WC as well as being vermin and insect infested.

Expect to pay about twice the upper level of your suggested budget to include a half decent furnished studio including utilities and a level of security.

#8 Raver

Raver
  • Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 11:54 AM

Thanks for suggestions. I don't want to stay in room with insects. So what the options for 10000 bht a month ? And what about cheap cafes with healthy food ?

#9 Crackerjax

Crackerjax
  • Members
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 01:10 PM

Kliome wrote:[/quote]Alternatively, with the kind of budget you are talking about you would have a more memorable time turning up and blowing it in a week, having a blast.[quote]

Or 5 nights as is usually my situation. :D

As for the food Raver, you've traveled enough around Asia to know that the best food is to be found on the street - delicious and cheap. 7-11???? C'mon man!

#10 Guest_pentire_*

Guest_pentire_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2011 - 01:45 PM

Have a look at some of the lower end LK Properties via their own web site and then book well in advance.

Don't forget about the refundable deposits when doing your budgeting.

http://www.lkpattaya.../rs/package.php

#11 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 03:46 PM

Thanks for suggestions. I don't want to stay in room with insects. So what the options for 10000 bht a month ? And what about cheap cafes with healthy food ?

At lot of the best monthly deals aren't advertised so well or even at all on the net.

With time on your side I would suggest booking a cheap hotel for your first 3-4 nights and then doing the foot work.

Get the lay of the land and spend some time looking at some rooms slightly off the beaten track - ask around with the ex pats and mybe get a local to tour around a few rooms with you.

#12 yung havok

yung havok
  • Members
  • 535 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 01:23 AM

Bring lots of trash bags and don't forget to get your hepatitis vaccines.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci