Good Thai Food in Pattaya

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 dazedandconfused

dazedandconfused
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:10 PM

I think that this has been covered before but not for several years (as far as I can see)...

Anyone have recommendations for great tasting Thai food at good value in Pattaya?

I'm happy to wander around grazing but any personal favourite spots or places appreciated. Does not matter whether it's on the street or in restaurants / bars...

Cheers D&C

#2 Guest_pentire_*

Guest_pentire_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 July 2011 - 01:32 AM

Anywhere which majors on the Tourist Market such as the truly excellent (although pricey) Ruen Thai on 3rd Rd, Pattaya.

In my experience, Thai food cooked for Thai people is for the most part fairly ordinary :nonono: whereas, when it is modified to suit our Western taste buds then is a different class :yumm:

I'm lucky, because my very favourite place to eat luxurious/delicious Thai Food in this whole world is a twelve minute walk from my front door in the glorious county of Suffolk, England.

#3 badpress

badpress
  • Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 06:27 AM

In my experience, Thai food cooked for Thai people is for the most part fairly ordinary :nonono: whereas, when it is modified to suit our Western taste buds then is a different class :yumm:
[/quote]

Thai people would probably have a totally different view than this - it is down to taste and familiarity. What us farang would call good Thai food, the Thai's would describe as average. A couple of years ago, brother soulboy and myself took our ladyboys of choice on a weeks trip to Samui. After treating them for several nights to what we thought were the finest restaurants in Samui, we came across this dingy, dirty cheap shithole of a place called "ninja" or something like that. Now we thought the food in there was quite poor, but our ladies loved it and didn't want to eat anywhere else afterwards. You just can't account for taste.

#4 dazedandconfused

dazedandconfused
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 05:34 PM

Thanks Pentire. I'll have a look at Ruen Thai. Suffolk is a bit of a walk from Soi Diana so I might have to pass on that on this occassion....

#5 petesie

petesie
  • Members
  • 8,011 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 10:33 PM

The Beefeater in Soi Diana offers terrific fare including Thai which I certainly found to excellent...

Try the Dory there it is really that nice...oh and the Plaice and then... :D
"My advice is just thank the god that doesnt exist for the rib he didnt take to create the women thats not a women that he didnt make for the naturaly uncut cock n enjoy it, they sure are fun." - Boomdraw

#6 dazedandconfused

dazedandconfused
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 09:27 PM

Cheers Petesie - the Beefeater is just round the corner from where I will be staying. Will call in....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci