• Guests

Posted 01 December 2008 - 05:50 AM

DELETED

#2 Drift Spunk

Drift Spunk
  • Members
  • 435 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 06:02 AM

I just read that if the protesters left today it will take a month for operations to get back to normal and to check security as it has been breached and people been upto planes and walking on the Tarmac.

#3 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 December 2008 - 06:04 AM

DELETED

#4 PP

PP
  • Members
  • 834 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 06:27 AM

#5 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 December 2008 - 06:41 AM

DELETED

#6 ringspun

ringspun
  • Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 06:45 AM

I fly 14th from London, booked with netflights, no contact back from them, as some others said most say it will be over by then... my concern is getting back out not getting in so much, what if there is massive backlog still of people going out and this could then delay my further trip I have planned.

Really not sure what to do, or how this is gonna end.

I do respect the people of Thailand clearly think there is reason enough to do this, and i guess we are just caught in the middle.

I have put a post up bout Phucket, perhaps a direct flight to there instead would be good option???

#7 waltz

waltz
  • Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 06:48 AM

Good luck chuck.

I tried getting a direct flight to Phuket. The prices are like OMG! fucked up.

Unless you want to do a 40 hour flight via Moscow, Kuwait, Hong Kong, Mars and The Kapier belt.
"Improvise, Adapt n' Overcum"
- G n' Karl
I come from the land up yonder, where your dick FREEZES HARD.

#8 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 December 2008 - 06:48 AM

DELETED

#9 gaz

gaz
  • Members
  • 626 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 08:09 AM

To be perfectly honest i think u all beter forget los for the time being till things get back to normal I might get blasted for saying this but there are other destinations than los for ladyboys ie like Manila etc maby not the best ladyboys in town. but unless u go to singerpore or phuket or kuala Lampur there is no way u going to get to bangkok at moment with all the stranded tourist etc.

Going to pay really high prices for tickets which is simply not worth it. I dont think this will go on a long time Thai Gov cannot allow this chaos to continue so my advice at moment stay away from Los till the situation calms down if u have booked u ticket for december, Keep it till the last few days, Then try arrange a refund or cancle u holiday u dont want to be stranded in los. I was booked to go in december but luckly my work cancled my holiday so I rebooked for march im sure by then things are back to normal.

#10 Crackerjax

Crackerjax
  • Members
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 11:47 AM

Luckily you're always looking to go to Phuket anyway Stevie - if you were a Bangkok/Pattaya monger you'd be in worse shape.

For the past few months I have been training to do the Phuket Triathlon which is scheduled for this weekend, and had planned on going via Bangkok. Surprisingly the organizers have not canceled it - but I wonder if that won't happen before the end of the week with airport closure surely preventing many competitors from getting there. I managed to book a flight to Phuket via HK late last week - that flight is now completely sold out.

Definitely more expensive than going via BKK, and will prevent me celebrating "One Night in Bangkok" visiting Guess and Nana Plaza, but at least I'll make it to Ladyboy Island. Be checking out the beauties at C&D this Thursday night!

#11 Phil Lander

Phil Lander
  • Members
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 11:48 AM

To be perfectly honest i think u all beter forget los for the time being till things get back to normal I might get blasted for saying this but there are other destinations than los for ladyboys ie like Manila etc maby not the best ladyboys in town. but unless u go to singerpore or phuket or kuala Lampur there is no way u going to get to bangkok at moment with all the stranded tourist etc.

Going to pay really high prices for tickets which is simply not worth it. I dont think this will go on a long time Thai Gov cannot allow this chaos to continue so my advice at moment stay away from Los till the situation calms down if u have booked u ticket for december, Keep it till the last few days, Then try arrange a refund or cancle u holiday u dont want to be stranded in los. I was booked to go in december but luckly my work cancled my holiday so I rebooked for march im sure by then things are back to normal.

Gaz , I think you are way off , things should be semi normal soon , what happens if things flare up again in March ? you'd be pissed off if you cancelled your trip and it happened all over again.
Phil Lander by name Phillanderer by nature.
The World is my Oyster - Muwhahahahaha!!
A Ladyboy is never early , neither is she ever late . She turns up precisely when she means to.

#12 Drift Spunk

Drift Spunk
  • Members
  • 435 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 02:39 PM

where you read that DS,?
if this the case why arnt travel agents letting us folk know ?

steviep :(

It was either on Bangkok post, an Australian new paper or thaivisa.com. The general of the thai airforce has backed the army general for the gov to resolve, so the miliatary and police have both agreed not to casue a fight incase of bloodshed. this is going to go one for ever!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci