• Guests

Posted 01 December 2008 - 04:44 AM

DELETED

#3 Woof1

Woof1
  • Members
  • 910 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 08:59 AM

Not Stranded, but this BS affected someof my "Internal Asia trips" Hence I will probably bailout before due date of Dec 21st.
Guess this is a bit too much afterall
So many LB So Little Time

#4 dianaphillipe

dianaphillipe
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 12:49 PM

Comming in Bkk (or Let's hope I make it there) Via Utapao.
Been Planing this Trip for Six Month....I hope Nana Plaza, Bangla Road and Walking Street appriciate the Lenght I will go to see them Beatuies of the World lol :shock: :twisted:
Anyone wants to meet for Drinks with Some LB's, Please PM me and We'll meet.

#5 donnykey

donnykey
  • Members
  • 3,369 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 12:56 PM

Two of my mates are stranded in Pattaya and are lovin' it....One was booked to fly out today but has been rescheduled to the 6th.... but here's the thing they are getting up to 2000 bht per day compensation to cover food and accomodation...how good is that, being paid to stay...Cheers Donnykey
Oh so happy when in LOS

#6 ericeric

ericeric
  • Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 02:36 PM

I'm booked to fly out next monday,the 8th.Have been looking at all of the news channels ,Reuters etc. non stop as I want to be there so much.With todays news not looking at all promising as they now say that when the protesters go it will take at least a week to check all of the airport systems.I noticed the airlines are only cancelling flights for a day or two ahead at a time and Bangkok Airways say on their website that they were expecting the airport to be open by yesterday the 30th.
Could cause further problems with The Kings birthday coming up?
I'm boked with Emirates as always do,they have offered to fly(subject to availability) th HK,Singapore or KL.Been checking flights from KL and can get to U-Tapao(Pattaya) for about £130,KL-Phuket Airasia and Phuket-U-TApao Bangkok Airways.Just a little concerned as to the state of the airports and if flights will be operating reliably as I have seen these airports described as 'chaos'.
I just want to get there,I love the place,go as much as I can and when personal problems subside hope to spend a great deal of my life there.Should have moved out 20 years ago when we first visited and I loved it then.
I'm sat here crying at the moment,was so much looking forwards to having a xmas day in the sun!
Can keep hoping but now it seems to look worse day by day(hope I'm wrong),will speak to Emirates later in the week and find out what options there are if nothing positive happens.
Reuters state that the courts are going to dissolve parliament on tues or wed which should appease the anti-gov group.Just seen BBC news,PAD have let a few planes leave B'kok(without passengers) to go to other airports to ferry people home.
Fingers crossed for all hoping to be there for xmas,I would be happy to lose 1 or 2 days at the start of the holiday if something gets sorted but for me personally something has to happen today or tomorrow.

#7 Crackerjax

Crackerjax
  • Members
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 03:16 PM

I'm heading to Phuket this week - using HK to bypass BKK.

#8 Tpe69

Tpe69
  • Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 03:49 PM

Currently 'stranded' in BKK at DIG but will need to move to another hotel to take advantage of the 2000 Bht per day allowance from the Thai government. The DIG are not part of the group of hotels from the Thai Tourist board that the 2000baht allowance can be used.

#9 LB-69

LB-69
  • Members
  • 1,988 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 07:53 PM

I hope I can fly out of Thailand on 12 Dec...:-)

#10 gaz

gaz
  • Members
  • 626 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 08:03 PM

To all bm stranded in thailand heres what u do if u running out of money no place to stay etc IF U BEEN DIRECTLY AFFECTED BY THE AIRPORT CLOSURES AND CAN PROVE IT and in thailand at moment, i think it the same thing for everyone but for british nationals heres a link worth reading make the most of it if u stranded in thailand at the moment

http://ukinthailand.fco.gov.uk/en/

The Tourist Authority of Thailand is making arrangements for accommodation for travellers who are stranded and do not have the means to arrange their own accommodation. The Tourist Authority of Thailand has also confirmed that they will reimburse travellers who are paying for their own accommodation, up to a limit of THB 2000 per day. Contact details for the Tourist Authority of Thailand (and a number of other useful contact points), together with details on how to claim reimbursement of accommodation costs, are available from the Tourist Authority of Thailand website.

http://www.tourismth...ntent-1380.html and explains what to do

#11 Coco

Coco
  • Members
  • 472 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 01:19 AM

I been reading that even when airports are open it might take a week or two to get things up and running ,, it just seems to me that American news are not doing a good job on keeping us up to date on whats going on in Thailand don’t they know it’s the busy season for lb there ??

#12 deuce

deuce
  • Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 03:25 AM

Two of my mates are stranded in Pattaya and are lovin' it....One was booked to fly out today but has been rescheduled to the 6th.... but here's the thing they are getting up to 2000 bht per day compensation to cover food and accomodation...how good is that, being paid to stay...Cheers Donnykey

yep.. due to head home on the 15th..so not stranded just yet. hey who knows maybe i could up with that sweet sweet song paan per day.. :) relocate to the hard rock or somethin.. heheheh
the wisest man that ever was, when asked what he knew... replied that the one thing he did know was that he knew nothing

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci