i hope the protests end asap!

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Hairy Old Fanny Filler_*

Guest_Hairy Old Fanny Filler_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2008 - 06:57 AM

hi guys, my next planned trip is not untill next may. however i was just wanting to say that, for the hunters travelling soon i hope this shit in thailand stops asap, so you can all travel as planned and have a great time, and come back with great stories and pics to post. as if i were in the same situation i know how i would be feeling, shitty as fuck, and lets hope that the guys over in los just now have a problem free trip and come back home safely.

#2 Nick Bullseye

Nick Bullseye
  • Members
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 28 November 2008 - 11:47 PM

DAMN IT :x

I have bought a plane ticket last July for a flight from Paris to Bangkok with Thai on November 28. My flight was canceled, as well as the whole trip!

How come that the police cannot or does not want to cope with those PAD idiots blocking the airports?! Could you imagine something similar in another country, maybe except India?

:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

Nick Bullseye

#3 Guest_pentire_*

Guest_pentire_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 November 2008 - 12:58 AM

That is sad news bullseyemaco, why not reschedule to fly into a neighbouring country which runs a service to Phuket :idea:

#4 Guest_Hairy Old Fanny Filler_*

• Guests

Posted 29 November 2008 - 01:13 AM

bullseyemaco, sorry to here this, i no it will be no compensation for missing out on your trip, but did you have insurance, that way you will get refunded and you can reschedule

#5 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 November 2008 - 02:26 AM

DELETED

#6 gaz

gaz
  • Members
  • 626 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 07:15 PM

steviep35 next time just get travell insurance that way u are covered or use a company that has atol or abbta something like that like sta or flight center if u get stranded or ticket cancled u get u money back they either book u on another flight etc just make sure u have travel insurance when u fly i always have when i go :lol:

#7 Guest_Hairy Old Fanny Filler_*

• Guests

Posted 29 November 2008 - 08:41 PM

i usually book with dialaflight.com, sometimes they can be a wee bit more expesive than other agents, but great reputation and never had a problem with them, i have booked my last 6 flights with them, also everytime you are a returning customer you get to deal with the person who sold you your first flight, so they become familiar with you, i alway get insurance with thme before i go, just in case of cancellations, or if i fell ill.

#8 ringspun

ringspun
  • Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 09:50 PM

Does anyone know if any airline fly direct from UK to Phuket as an alternative incase this doesn't clear up soon?

#9 Guest_pentire_*

Guest_pentire_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 November 2008 - 10:50 PM

I would suggest that Phuket Airport is running at damn near capacity as it is right now minker, Silk Air are operating additional flights to Singapore while Thai Airways are operating a service between Phuket & Pattaya.
Voodoo managed to grab a last minute cancellation ticket to Singapore this lunch time, he was sat in the travel agents at 12.00pm and on a flight to Singapore at 13.45pm. He called me from the airport to say it was complete and utter caos :shock:

#10 gaz

gaz
  • Members
  • 626 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 03:35 AM

Tourists stranded in Pattaya wonder when the Bangkok protests will end.

Because of the Airport closures in Bangkok, thousands of foreign tourists are stranded here in Thailand. Many have come to Pattaya to wait for news regarding their flights. Many are angry, some have resigned themselves to the fact they are stuck here and are making the most of their extended holidays. It is clear that whenever the PAD protests at the airports come to an end, there will not be an immediate re-opening as security at both airports have been breached and damage has been caused. There were reports of some International Journalists walking onto the tarmac and up to parked planes with no signs of any security in place. Everyone is now wondering what the next move will be as the Army appear not to support the idea of using force to disperse the protesters and the Police have also claimed they will not use force. Some tourists are running out of money and others now have expired visas. Tourists with expired visas should make their way to the Immigration Office located in Soi 5 off Jomtien Beach Road where we understand that if evidence is produced to confirm they have been forced to remain here because of the problems, free visa extensions will be given. Many are hoping that the nearby Utapao Military Airport in Sattahip will be used for international flights, however due to the size of the airport it is unlikely that regular international flights will be possible. If you require urgent repatriation you must contact your Embassy who will listen to your case and make a judgment if an urgent evacuation from Thailand is required. Other options such as travelling to Cambodia or Laos by road are also being considered by some Tourists at this time.

http://pattayaone.ne..._28_11_51.shtml

#11 Guest_Hairy Old Fanny Filler_*

• Guests

Posted 30 November 2008 - 06:24 AM

what a fucking hastle, the thais better sort this out soon, as what they obviously have not realised, that this will put off thousands of tourists either comming to thaialnd for the first time, or returning. they will lose millions of pounds from tourists income, and a country like thailand can not affoard to lose that much income, the protestors think they are doing good, but in the long term they are really just going to hurt their country. it will probably not put me off, or most of the hunters, but i am on about the family tourists, of whom the thai tourist board want to see more of, well the thais have fucked that up big style.

#12 PP

PP
  • Members
  • 834 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 06:31 AM

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci