Make a difference...

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#1 Recoil111

Recoil111
  • Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 07:39 PM

...and visit a foreign prisoner in Bangkok.

I think everybody heard storys about the Bang Kwang Prison in Bangkok (also called "Bangkok Hilton"). Life is very hard for prisoners, especially when you dont have relatives or friends who are able to support you.

Just spent 3 hours of your time when you stay the next time in Bangkok and visit a prisoner from your country. You can really make a big difference for him just with your visit (and optional some cigarettes from the prison shop).

Just contact your embassy in Thailand via email and ask if they can assist you in this matter (like i did with the german embassy) or visit the website of the "Foreign Prisoners Support Service" :

www.phaseloop.com/foreignprisoners/experiences.html

#2 BKKtime

BKKtime
  • Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 08:19 PM

Why would you help a prisoner assuming he isnt innocent? I much rather spend my time helping families from Isaan;/

#3 laptop

laptop
  • Members
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 05:27 AM

Currently you cannot visist the BKk Hilton unless you are a relative. They dont want anymore tourists visits. New director. :evil: :evil: However i was told if you say you are a cuz or uncle, etc they dont check.

I would certainly visit if possible next time i hit BKK. Give them some cash, goddies, books, etc. Yes they were stupid but do they deserve 50 years to life. i dont think so. Their life is over once they go in.
As kids we're not taught how to deal with success; we're taught how to deal with failure. If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. If at first you succeed, then what?

#4 koykaeng

koykaeng
  • Members
  • 6,477 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 05:52 AM

To err is human, to forgive is divine.

Besides it's not uncommon to see an innocent man jailed.

Cheers
Koykaeng
Sign in pub "In case of fire - break glass". Now my beer's gone everywhere, and there's still a fire.

#5 Hoot

Hoot
  • Members
  • 707 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 11:21 AM

Back when I was in school we had to visit a Maximum Security Penitentiary for a class - I was shocked to learn, everyman to the one said he was innocent. I can't believe the travesty :o

All the real criminals must be walking the streets. :D

Joking Aside-
I watched all the clips of the "Real Bangkok Hilton" that laptop posted. One of the guys didn't seem to keen on tourists visiting. I believe he said something like they call it banana day because they felt like a monkey in a cage. And quite frankly, I would be bent if you just came to see me in a cage, like I'm some tourist attraction.

#6 Eddie_016

Eddie_016
  • Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 03:29 PM

#7 James Taylor

James Taylor
  • Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 03:56 PM

I'd agree with BKKtime and Eddie. I have no doubt at all that the vast majority are guilty. If at all, why not visit a Thai prisoner without people who visit?

#8 batman4ever

batman4ever

• Moderators
  • 4,822 posts
  • LocationScandinavia

Posted 11 April 2008 - 05:21 PM

All the real criminals must be walking the streets. :D

nope...they all sit in the parlament/congress..... :lol:

A ladyboy is a kind of creature...that makes a txt saying...dont you trust me...and send it to 20 people... :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

https://www.facebook.com/ladyboyforum

#9 Recoil111

Recoil111
  • Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 08:11 PM

Alright, seems to me that this is not the right platform for charity.

At least i have tryed it.

Just keep in mind that whatever a person might have done, nobody deserves to live under conditions like this.

#10 oifarang

oifarang
  • Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 08:47 PM

I don't visit criminals in the UK so why would I go all the way to Thailand to visit the scum drug dealers etc.
Hang em,hang em,hang em high watch those scum drug dealers die!!!

#11 Eddie_016

Eddie_016
  • Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 08:56 PM

#12 bkklover

bkklover
  • Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 01:41 AM

Alright, seems to me that this is not the right platform for charity.

At least i have tryed it.

Just keep in mind that whatever a person might have done, nobody deserves to live under conditions like this.

Why not?
they all knew the risks. Do the crime, do the time....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci