Photo

Tailored made suites of good quality...Where??

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 pathway

pathway
  • Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 09:25 AM

Hi

Want to purchase a good quality tailored made suit with nice quality fabrics while in Pattaya. Only problem is...I don't know the best place to get a nice suit made by a good tailor. Any ideas or suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks
California (West Coast)

#2 LB3048

LB3048
  • Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 09:07 PM

Hi Pathway,
I cant make a recommendation but if things in Pattaya work the same way they do in Hoi Ann (Vietnam), the shop keepers are really only sales people and the work is outsourced to a large clothing factory. They may try and convince you that they have the best taylors but truth be known they probably have no control over who makes the clothes. Check into this and if that's the way it works, assuming it is, shop around and see who has the best selection of materials and who can offer a good deal. If you get any recommendations from tuk tuk drivers, waitresses, taxi drivers etc. take it with a grain of salt as the Thia tourist industry is purely commission driven and all they're doing is refering you to the shop keeper who gives them the best kick back.

Cheers
LB3048

#3 laptop

laptop
  • Members
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 10:02 PM

I have never seen i nice suit shop in patts. Just complete shit and the tailors drive me nuts.

I usually buy my suits at home but there was one place i bought one - 8000 baht which is more expensive than most places. Very very nice stuff and nice material. Unfortunatly it is just off soi 7, Sukhumavit Road in Bangkok near Nana.

The suits are nothing like the shit in the website - http://www.theversaces.com/

Hope this helps
As kids we're not taught how to deal with success; we're taught how to deal with failure. If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. If at first you succeed, then what?

#4 pathway

pathway
  • Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 01:44 AM

Thanks for the feed back, I'll research when I arrive and post some opinions when I've completed my quest. :D
California (West Coast)

#5 Guest_pentire_*

Guest_pentire_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 November 2007 - 02:27 AM

Pathway Send me a PM cos, I'll tell you what, I am a bloke who wears $1000,00 suits but recently I had 4 made (for $120.00 each) and they are fantastic.......However, I don't wanna tell the tailor he is that good, do you understand my drift !

#6 Hoot

Hoot
  • Members
  • 707 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 11:47 AM

Hey Pentire-

Could you PM me your tailors info as well? Sounds like we have similar tastes in suits and would love to pick up a couple at those rates when I arrive in a couple weeks. I sure won't spoil your find and ruin the rate you are getting. :wink:

#7 drhoneytongue

drhoneytongue
  • Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 03:13 PM

Pattaya is by and large low-end rubbish.

Bangkok, down Sukhumvit or Rajaprop Road have some decent tailors.

The Indian "mafia" seem to have the monopoly on tailoring, but there are a couple of good Chinese around.

37 years in Asia, 35 years with the 3rd sex.

When you take your last breath, don't be thinking, "I wish I had....." It'll be too late then!

#8 mike3369

mike3369
  • Members
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 02:09 AM

Looking to buy some suits on my next trip , Moonriver looks like a decent tailors ? anyone tried them ??
The best things in life are not free , the best thing in life is being free...Thai girls are honest whores unlike all the dishonest white sluts

#9 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts
  • LocationCentral Pattaya

Posted 05 November 2008 - 02:35 AM

Looking to buy some suits on my next trip , Moonriver looks like a decent tailors ? anyone tried them ??

Sounds like he makes them "wider than a mile".

Could suit some of our larger BMs - Suits you Sir! :lol:

Meum cerebrum nocet

#10 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts
  • LocationCentral Pattaya

Posted 05 November 2008 - 02:36 AM

... when I arrive in a couple weeks.

I arrive in Pattaya on the 1st December Hoot.

Will you be there then? :)

Meum cerebrum nocet

#11 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 03:08 AM

You might want to double check the dates of that quote Dixon. 3rd Nov 2007

Dating ladyboys in Thailand Thai Friendly 

Meeting ladyboys around the world My Ladyboy Date

Best Thailand (and global) hotel deals Discounted Hotels

#12 Hoot

Hoot
  • Members
  • 707 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 03:30 AM

You might want to double check the dates of that quote Dixon. 3rd Nov 2007

Oddly enough, I'll be back during December this year as well :D

Though at that point I'll be down in Phuket....I'm guessing you'll be in Patts DC?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci