Jenny Star Bar....Going donwnhill fast.

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Pat Tire_*

Guest_Pat Tire_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2007 - 03:46 PM

Now that I have been back in Pattaya six nights, something which has become very obvious to me is that Pattaya's flagship Ladyboy venue has declined considerably since I was here four months ago.
From what I understand, Jenny and her new manager have implemented a range of rules and regulations applicable to the staff which are very unpopular and as a consequence a number of the usual JSB girls have relocated, like Paris to Francks 131 for instance.
One of the regulars joined me yesterday on the beach for an hour to tell me about it...She said...''We now have to be at the bar at a certain time to sign a register and bar fines of 300 baht must be paid'' I have nothing against bar fines however, for a open air place which charges premium prices for drinks it's a damn cheek.
Anyway last couple of nights I have walked past at 1.00am which should be prime time and the place is close to running on empty for both customers and ladyboys :?

#2 Rossco

Rossco
  • Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 04:22 PM

Yep - I always thought of JSB as the icon of LB's but now very low key. In fact I find Walking St has gone downhill. The best action seems to be all the Freelancers who hang around Blue Ice but outside.

LB's are smart and can smell customers hence they are migrating to other venues. Paris to 131 and Patti to Goldfingers.

Also a good few freelancers go to TripleX. Nickie and Mo were there last night and Jan, Kita and loads of others along with the regulars

Re drinks - the biggest rip off recently was in BKK - 2 Soda waters 240 Baht - in Casanova! That is a mark up of 12 times!!

#3 LB-69

LB-69
  • Members
  • 1,988 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 04:47 PM

Been at JSB Saturday night at 2 AM and it was looking like ghost town, too bad as I love that place for the great atmosphere, for music and for the gals that usually seen there. new rules together with low season will kill the place IMHO.

#4 koykaeng

koykaeng
  • Members
  • 6,477 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 05:20 PM

I can recall plenty of incredible nights at Jenny Star Bar when it was absolutely pumping. Totally gorgeous ladyboys, and no shortage of patrons.

Would be interesting to know where some of the more well known faces are setting up shop.

Cheers
Koykaeng

Attached Files

Sign in pub "In case of fire - break glass". Now my beer's gone everywhere, and there's still a fire.

#5 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 08:50 PM

Gutted. I hope they go back on these rules and get the place back on it's feet. No offence to teh other bars, but for me JSB is by far the main attraction of a trip to Pattaya, without it I think I'll be spending more time in Bangkok.

Dating ladyboys in Thailand Thai Friendly 

Meeting ladyboys around the world My Ladyboy Date

Best Thailand (and global) hotel deals Discounted Hotels

#6 laptop

laptop
  • Members
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 06:24 AM

What a shame. The fact that you could also look at every guys face as he walked past jennys made it even better.

Oh well it looks like all the more fun for triple x then so!

#7 mardhi

mardhi
  • Members
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 01:17 PM

I wonder if this has anything to do with the clampdown on LB 'criminals' we keep reading about in the Pattaya newspapers - seemingly every week, they are trucking out whole lorries of ladyboys that have been rounded up on Walking Street. It would not surprise me, if the police are trying to get ladyboys out of the Walking Street area and possibly putting pressure on JSB to tighten up its act and ensure staff are registered, even if they operate on a freelance basis.

That plus the fact its low season, will be having a visible impact on JSB - however I would doubt it will that long lasting - Jenny is a smart operator but I believe she is likely to be under pressure to conform to the new regime which is pretty much zero tolerance on ladyboys at the moment - basically if the police think they are guilty of something, they are unless they can prove otherwise :shock:

Cheers
Mardhi

#8 Rossco

Rossco
  • Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 05:11 PM

Yes the BIB are doing their usual - who is the easy target - LB's

I think the reason Paris -> 131, Patti -> Goldfinger is they are all looking for a legitimate bar/venue to work from - preferably closed in. One owner tells me he is getting more than 5 applications a week and his current staff are staying put as there are few legitimate/enclosed venues.

I am with one LB at the moment and she is finding it difficult to find a bar to work.

Low season - the worst in 16 years according to a restauranteur with multiple businesses here in Pattaya.

#9 laptop

laptop
  • Members
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 06:14 AM

And that damn Baht just keeps getting stronger and stronger which aint going to help things!

#10 Cian

Cian
  • Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 08:18 AM

Baht always screws me when I trade in it...I'm sure if I bought some against USD it'd take a nosedive. Anyone wanna finance 1000 units to drive it down?

#11 Guest_Pat Tire_*

Guest_Pat Tire_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 June 2007 - 04:41 PM

A bit better at JSB last night as I sat there in company with Franck and Monkeyman (photographer from another forum) The LB's now have to stay on the podium dancing around the chrome polls for a certain number of music tracks in a much more organised fashion rather than coming and going when it suited them or when a customer called them down. Also, Wednesday and Thursday nights evening dress must be worn by all LB's on parade to create a more elegant spectacle I suppose :? Anyway, the ones I spoke to were not keen on the idea and one told me she is off to Singapore as soon as possible.
Jenny appears to be having a much more hands on roll these days now that she is based in Pattaya (for the time being) and not galavanting around the globe with one of her many rich boyfriends :lol:
Last night Jenny (dressed as a Suzi Wong lookalike) looked as good as anyone and I observed as a number of guys much younger than her, made an advance only to be declined :lol:

#12 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 05:30 PM

Is Jenny the older LB that some of teh girls refer to as Lady May?

Dating ladyboys in Thailand Thai Friendly 

Meeting ladyboys around the world My Ladyboy Date

Best Thailand (and global) hotel deals Discounted Hotels

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci