Thailand in july?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 thaiboxer

thaiboxer
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 10:44 AM

i wanted to go back to Thailand over july 4th weekend. is it hot that time of year ? when does all the crazy rain start? i need a cascade fix soon.... any help? thanks in advance

#2 koykaeng

koykaeng
  • Members
  • 6,477 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 11:00 AM

When is the best time to visit Thailand?

Generally speaking,the best time to visit Thailand is from November to February when the northeast monsoon is blowing cool, dry air which serves as a respite from the heat. During this cool season, the temperature ranges from 18ºC to 32ºC in Bangkok, while in northern and northeast Thailand, temperatures can get quite cool with morning temperatures as low as 8º C to 12º C with the occasional 20º C day. Nights can be particularly chilly and at high altitudes the temperatures can and do drop below freezing.

The summer period, or hot and dry season, is from March to June. At this time temperatures in Bangkok average around 34º C, but can often reach 40º C with the humidity levels of 75%.

Try and avoid April, unless you plan to be permanently submerged in the ocean, because this is the hottest month across the country.

From July to October is the monsoonal season when most of Thailand's annual rainfall is accumulated. The humidity averages just under 90%, with temperatures averaging around 29º C in Bangkok.

The monsoons finish when the wind direction changes, bringing dry weather from the northeast. At best this season can be described as unpredictable and not the constant downpour of rain like you would expect. The middle months of this season may hold particularly heavy rains for the north of the country

Cheers
Koykaeng

Attached Files

Sign in pub "In case of fire - break glass". Now my beer's gone everywhere, and there's still a fire.

#3 costassg

costassg
  • Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 12:47 AM

i wanted to go back to Thailand over july 4th weekend. is it hot that time of year ? when does all the crazy rain start? i need a cascade fix soon.... any help? thanks in advance

june july and semptember is raining like hell.

cheers :twisted:

#4 Brit

Brit
  • Members
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 05:11 AM

Great climatic advice KK.
I haven't seen it represented so clearly before.

Excellent info as always - thanks
I spent a lot of money on LB's in Nana Plaza, Patpong and Pattaya. The rest of the cash, I just squandered

#5 costassg

costassg
  • Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 05:40 AM

1) 20/05/05-22/05/05 i was in bangkok -raining
2) 23/05/05-29/05/05 pattaya sunshine
3) 30/05/05-05/06/05 phuket raining like hell
4) 06/06/05-11/06/05 pattaya sunshine
5) 12/06/05-15/06/05 bangkok raining
So many ladyboys so little time

#6 costassg