Queen Raquela (The Amazing Truth of)

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 01:22 AM

There is an interesting new film currently doing the festival circuit about Ladyboys.

It started out as a documentary about a small group of LBs working in the P4P scene in Cebu, in the Philippines. It went on to become a semi-fictional piece (part scripted), but from the cuts I have seen it is a very powerful and astute (albeit slightly subjective), glimpse of the darker side of being a Ladyboy working the bar scene.

Although it does portray the less attractive side of teh sex industry and LBs, it should be interesting viewing for newbies and veterans alike, and help some of the more ignorant LB hunters open their eyes a little more to some of teh hardship and descrimination against both working girls in South East Asia, and being a LB . It also brings up some interesting views from the other side of P4P, on STDs/HIV, loyalty, having a farang BF etc..

It's not officially released until late Spring/Summer time, but there should be some previews and festival screenings springing around. It's also likely to have a low key, limited opening, so it's worth keeping an eye out, or dropping a post if anyone sees it screening.

You can get a trailer for it on youtube if you search for 'The amazing truth about Queen Raquela'

Not sure if it's cool I put up the link :

Dating ladyboys in Thailand Thai Friendly 

Meeting ladyboys around the world My Ladyboy Date

Best Thailand (and global) hotel deals Discounted Hotels

#2 freakslikeme69

freakslikeme69
  • Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 11:14 AM

There was a movie out, it was on Thailand's mail order brides, http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0377088/ , it was to look like a documentary but it was really a movie with actors and actresses. It sounds like the same kind of thing to me but this time they are using Ladyboys.
It looks like something that will be in the artsy theaters and on the Sun dance Chanel,

Thanks for the heads up
“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

#3 koykaeng

koykaeng
  • Members
  • 6,477 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 11:32 AM

I'm sure a few forum members would recognise Minerva from her appearances some time ago on a couple of other Ladyboy websites.

I know she still posts regularly on another LB forum.

Cheers
Koykaeng
Sign in pub "In case of fire - break glass". Now my beer's gone everywhere, and there's still a fire.

#4 Brit

Brit
  • Members
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 05:02 PM

It looks an excellent documentary Kliome. I've just watched it on YouTube and it looks like something most of us would be interested in seeing.

Perhaps it will show quite a dark and depressing side - but it looks real and looks like the film makers have been considered in their approach.
I spent a lot of money on LB's in Nana Plaza, Patpong and Pattaya. The rest of the cash, I just squandered

#5 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 01:22 AM

There is an interesting new film currently doing the festival circuit about Ladyboys.

It started out as a documentary about a small group of LBs working in the P4P scene in Cebu, in the Philippines. It went on to become a semi-fictional piece (part scripted), but from the cuts I have seen it is a very powerful and astute (albeit slightly subjective), glimpse of the darker side of being a Ladyboy working the bar scene.

Although it does portray the less attractive side of teh sex industry and LBs, it should be interesting viewing for newbies and veterans alike, and help some of the more ignorant LB hunters open their eyes a little more to some of teh hardship and descrimination against both working girls in South East Asia, and being a LB . It also brings up some interesting views from the other side of P4P, on STDs/HIV, loyalty, having a farang BF etc..

It's not officially released until late Spring/Summer time, but there should be some previews and festival screenings springing around. It's also likely to have a low key, limited opening, so it's worth keeping an eye out, or dropping a post if anyone sees it screening.

You can get a trailer for it on youtube if you search for 'The amazing truth about Queen Raquela'

Not sure if it's cool I put up the link :

Dating ladyboys in Thailand Thai Friendly 

Meeting ladyboys around the world My Ladyboy Date

Best Thailand (and global) hotel deals Discounted Hotels

#6 freakslikeme69

freakslikeme69
  • Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 11:14 AM

There was a movie out, it was on Thailand's mail order brides, http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0377088/ , it was to look like a documentary but it was really a movie with actors and actresses. It sounds like the same kind of thing to me but this time they are using Ladyboys.
It looks like something that will be in the artsy theaters and on the Sun dance Chanel,

Thanks for the heads up
“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

#7 koykaeng

koykaeng
  • Members
  • 6,477 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 11:32 AM

I'm sure a few forum members would recognise Minerva from her appearances some time ago on a couple of other Ladyboy websites.

Cheers
Koykaeng
Sign in pub "In case of fire - break glass". Now my beer's gone everywhere, and there's still a fire.

#8 Brit

Brit
  • Members
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 05:02 PM

It looks an excellent documentary Kliome. I've just watched it on YouTube and it looks like something most of us would be interested in seeing.

Perhaps it will show quite a dark and depressing side - but it looks real and looks like the film makers have been considered in their approach.
I spent a lot of money on LB's in Nana Plaza, Patpong and Pattaya. The rest of the cash, I just squandered

#9 roaminguy

roaminguy
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 09:29 PM

an interesting view of life i also watched the ladyboy slideshow some beauties is it any wonder some guys like lbs

#10 vangough05

vangough05
  • Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 12:01 PM

:D Minerava has dropped out latley. If my memory serves me righty she was livng in Iceland for a while.
I spent a few hours with her in Cebu in 2005. If you like girls who have a mind of their own, can enjoy a drink with you, talk about just about any subject and give you mind blowing sex, this is the girl.
She is of average looks but has a very well put together bod. :D

#11 ladyboyforyou

ladyboyforyou
  • Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 05:02 AM

gosh i cant wait for this amazing movies.... raquela the real queen....

#12 sev7en

sev7en
  • Members
  • 3,650 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 09:06 AM

Cheers
Koykaeng

Can you tell me more about Minerva, please?
I can´t rememeber where i saw her..
What forum does she post?
Thanks
"some see an erotic photo display, me i just hope the hot water soothed her ageing joints."
-boomdraw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci