Laundry

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 sev7en

sev7en
  • Members
  • 3,650 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 06:47 AM

Ak ok, kliome, thanks. 'don't bring any clothes, you can buy everything there', i hear all the time.
I´ll be there 3 weeks, what about washin clothes? Hotel do that?

#2 koykaeng

koykaeng
  • Members
  • 6,477 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 07:23 AM

There are two options with regard to washing clothes;

Having them washed in the hotel.
This is the simplest option, and in most of the tourist level, mid range hotels discussed on the forum, the pricing is very reasonable.
Underwear or Socks =15 baht, T-shirt = 20 Baht, Shorts = 20 Baht, Denim Jeans = 40 Baht.

External Laundry
These are located on every street, and well advertised. Many charge you by weight (per Kilogram) instead of per item, so this option is much cheaper than the hotel, and your washing is usually completed on the same day.

Personally I tend to use the hotel laundry service, as in the scheme of things the cost is so insignificant.

Cheers
Koykaeng
Sign in pub "In case of fire - break glass". Now my beer's gone everywhere, and there's still a fire.

#3 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 07:57 AM

I've never stayed in a hotel that didn't either have a laundry service or have contact with a laundry service close by.

the quality of laundry can varey but everyone seems to do a good job. Never had a problem with clothes shrinking or things going missing, only found a few places failed to get out really deep staines, but that's usually my fault for getting drunk and waking up with strange crap on my clothes.

Only tip is to point out them any items that have to be washed a specific way (or maybe best don't tgive them these at all), and obviously don't give them your best suit or signed Clive Allen shirt from the infamous 86/87 season...

Other good thing is that because of the weather and the fact a lot of thais work, they almost always get your washing done and back to you ready for the next morning.

Dating ladyboys in Thailand Thai Friendly 

Meeting ladyboys around the world My Ladyboy Date

Best Thailand (and global) hotel deals Discounted Hotels

#4 sev7en

sev7en
  • Members
  • 3,650 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 10:21 PM

Thanks guys.

#5 sev7en

sev7en
  • Members
  • 3,650 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 06:47 AM

Ak ok, kliome, thanks. 'don't bring any clothes, you can buy everything there', i hear all the time.

#6 koykaeng

koykaeng
  • Members
  • 6,477 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 07:23 AM

There are two options with regard to washing clothes;

Having them washed in the hotel.
This is the simplest option, and in most of the tourist level, mid range hotels discussed on the forum, the pricing is very reasonable.
Underwear or Socks =15 baht, T-shirt = 20 Baht, Shorts = 20 Baht, Denim Jeans = 40 Baht.

External Laundry
These are located on every street, and well advertised. Many charge you by weight (per Kilogram) instead of per item, so this option is much cheaper than the hotel, and your washing is usually completed on the same day.

Personally I tend to use the hotel laundry service, as in the scheme of things the cost is so insignificant.

Cheers
Koykaeng
Sign in pub "In case of fire - break glass". Now my beer's gone everywhere, and there's still a fire.

#7 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 07:57 AM

I've never stayed in a hotel that didn't either have a laundry service or have contact with a laundry service close by.

the quality of laundry can varey but everyone seems to do a good job. Never had a problem with clothes shrinking or things going missing, only found a few places failed to get out really deep staines, but that's usually my fault for getting drunk and waking up with strange crap on my clothes.

Only tip is to point out them any items that have to be washed a specific way (or maybe best don't tgive them these at all), and obviously don't give them your best suit or signed Clive Allen shirt from the infamous 86/87 season...

Other good thing is that because of the weather and the fact a lot of thais work, they almost always get your washing done and back to you ready for the next morning.

Dating ladyboys in Thailand Thai Friendly 

Meeting ladyboys around the world My Ladyboy Date

Best Thailand (and global) hotel deals Discounted Hotels

#8 sev7en

sev7en
  • Members
  • 3,650 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 10:21 PM

Thanks guys.

#9 winklergirl

winklergirl
  • Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 12:17 AM

i love laundry in thailand LOL its so cheap 55 baht per kilo hehe especially in the cheaper places i stay hehehehe

and i am lazy about laundry but will anyone help with undies???? LOL
SINGAPORE SINGAPORE SINGAPORE February-March 2012

MY BLOG

#10 koykaeng

koykaeng
  • Members
  • 6,477 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 02:20 AM

and i am lazy about laundry but will anyone help with undies???? LOL

For you Salma, it would be a pleasure. :D

I'd even iron them for you !

Cheers
Koykaeng

#11 Brit

Brit
  • Members
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 05:52 PM

Tell the truth Koykaeng... you won't wash or iron them... you'll just be sniffing them...

:lol:
I spent a lot of money on LB's in Nana Plaza, Patpong and Pattaya. The rest of the cash, I just squandered

#12 koykaeng

koykaeng
  • Members
  • 6,477 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 05:55 PM

Tell the truth Koykaeng... you won't wash or iron them... you'll just be sniffing them...

:lol:

What kind of pervert do you think I am !

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers
Koykaeng

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci