Photo

Window in Thailand Toilets in your room??

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Brit

Brit
  • Members
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 04:15 PM

Having visited many a different hotel bedroom in Thailand I'm constantly puzzled why so many hotels have choosen to have an internal window into the toilet.

In other hotels worldwide privacy is the norm; and the room typically has an internal full wall.

Yet in Thailand both cheaper hotels and the mainstream expensive hotels frequently have this window which is over the bath so if you are sitting in the bedroom you can see straight into the toilet.

It puzzles me each time why ?

Are the visitors known to be voyeurs wishing to watch their choosen lovely taking a dump ??

Any architects out there that know this puzzling reason?
I spent a lot of money on LB's in Nana Plaza, Patpong and Pattaya. The rest of the cash, I just squandered

#2 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 05:06 PM

I find more open plan toilets, or with doors that don't lock.

Maybe I'm just being too ENglish here, but I like to be locked in and out of site when i go for a number two. Call me a romantic, but I don't find seeing my girl on the toilet a great way to start or end the evening

Dating ladyboys in Thailand Thai Friendly 

Meeting ladyboys around the world My Ladyboy Date

Best Thailand (and global) hotel deals Discounted Hotels

#3 Larry Boy

Larry Boy
  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 08:21 PM

Ah, you Brits and your sense of humour :wink:

Actually, I thought about the same thing today. Since yesterday, I am in Pattaya, for the first time I might add, residing at the Hard Rock Hotel, as invited by some clients. Same thing with the toilet window here!

Yesterday and today, I've been busy working. However, tonight nothing can save the stars at Jenny SB, provided I can find the establishment 8)

If anybody else is around, you can find me on the abovementioned premises within an hour or two.

Yours Truly

#4 matchman

matchman
  • Members
  • 863 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 12:33 AM

Never really noticed the windows on my trips, but I do know I hate the damm small doorways.. Number of times I've nearly knocked myself out hitting my head on them. (I realize it makes it easy to spot a toliet becuase of the lower door, but I'd be just as happy with a sign on it and a regular hight one!)

#5 scott zhang

scott zhang
  • Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 03:45 AM

I have noticed large interior windows in 4 star hotels in China. Both have been new hotels in secondary cities.
I have found them to be too much and usually pulled down the shade.
Once I had a smaller room and the large picture window next to the bathtub looked down onto the street.

#6 Brit

Brit
  • Members
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 04:15 PM

Having visited many a different hotel bedroom in Thailand I'm constantly puzzled why so many hotels have choosen to have an internal window into the toilet.

In other hotels worldwide privacy is the norm; and the room typically has an internal full wall.

Yet in Thailand both cheaper hotels and the mainstream expensive hotels frequently have this window which is over the bath so if you are sitting in the bedroom you can see straight into the toilet.

It puzzles me each time why ?

Are the visitors known to be voyeurs wishing to watch their choosen lovely taking a dump ??

Any architects out there that know this puzzling reason?
I spent a lot of money on LB's in Nana Plaza, Patpong and Pattaya. The rest of the cash, I just squandered

#7 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 05:06 PM

I find more open plan toilets, or with doors that don't lock.

Maybe I'm just being too ENglish here, but I like to be locked in and out of site when i go for a number two. Call me a romantic, but I don't find seeing my girl on the toilet a great way to start or end the evening

Dating ladyboys in Thailand Thai Friendly 

Meeting ladyboys around the world My Ladyboy Date

Best Thailand (and global) hotel deals Discounted Hotels

#8 Larry Boy

Larry Boy
  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 08:21 PM

Ah, you Brits and your sense of humour :wink:

Actually, I thought about the same thing today. Since yesterday, I am in Pattaya, for the first time I might add, residing at the Hard Rock Hotel, as invited by some clients. Same thing with the toilet window here!

Yesterday and today, I've been busy working. However, tonight nothing can save the stars at Jenny SB, provided I can find the establishment 8)

If anybody else is around, you can find me on the abovementioned premises within an hour or two.

Yours Truly

#9 matchman

matchman
  • Members
  • 863 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 12:33 AM

Never really noticed the windows on my trips, but I do know I hate the damm small doorways.. Number of times I've nearly knocked myself out hitting my head on them. (I realize it makes it easy to spot a toliet becuase of the lower door, but I'd be just as happy with a sign on it and a regular hight one!)

#10 scott zhang

scott zhang
  • Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 03:45 AM

I have noticed large interior windows in 4 star hotels in China. Both have been new hotels in secondary cities.
I have found them to be too much and usually pulled down the shade.
Once I had a smaller room and the large picture window next to the bathtub looked down onto the street.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci