• 5 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 09:26 PM

se

#2 homersimpson

homersimpson
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 09:37 PM

Could you help me open a bank account whne I visit Bangkok ?

Thanks

Homer Simpson

#3 touristguide_sana

touristguide_sana
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 10:33 PM

uy

#4 homersimpson

homersimpson
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 12:37 AM

Hi Sana,
I had better give you details by email for privacy reasons.....

And thanks for calling me dear.

Homer Simpson

#5 touristguide_sana

touristguide_sana
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 11:11 AM

uy

#6 Stewart_Copeland

Stewart_Copeland
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 05:41 PM

Bank account :

as in every country you can have one only if oyu are a legal resident, or a citizen. Legal citizen mean an long stay visa :

Cat O
Cat B + work permit

or retirement visa.

Out of that, you will not be able to have an account (for exemple with a visa on arrival or a a 30/60 days tourist visa).

Worst, if a bank open an account for someone with a tourist visa, the account could be closed for legal purpose and the money on this account taken by the authorities ... Appart my english that is laughtable, it's could be very sad if you open an account just to see close right after you deposit your money.

Sorry for oyu mate, but fact is : if you are just a visitor you are not allowed by the thai law to open an account (or only for some commercial reasons and under the BOI rules)

#7 curbarn

curbarn
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 03:14 AM

I opened a bank account at siam commercial bank. I do use this for wiring money back and forth for the company i work for. I am based in china and not thailand, so i am not so sure about this.

curbarn

#8 Stewart_Copeland

Stewart_Copeland
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 02:41 AM

Does your company is registred in Thailand, or have a second office based i Thailand?

Also, does the account is under your name, or under the name of your company?

Not the same topic mate, the law is clear (for one time) ... An individual account can be opened only if the person is a legal long stay resident, or a permanent resident or a citizen ....

Now, all we know it's possible to bypass the law, some bank officers do really their best for entertain the farang, in that case, it's opening an account ... Entertaint ???????/ Yup man, entertainement come when the account is close by the law and the money on given away to the governement ... That is real entertainment ...

I do know people who stay here since 12 years, and do a tourist visa run every 30 days ... untill the day they hear at the border they can not anymore get a tourist visa ... it's also fully entertaining to stay stuck in polpet with 3 000 bht and have to go to the capital and beg for the visa ... It's amazing Thailand here.

For visa stuff, the best is to go there :

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum

post your question, and you will get the answer

P.S. For those in doubt, just read the first paragraph of the law concerning the foreigners in Thailand : "Foreigners are TOLERATE, only if they contribute in a significative scale to the Kingdom economy grow".

#9 nice123_de

nice123_de
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 10:32 PM

Hi Sana,

I am just back home and I will not miss to say "thank you" for the seightseeing tour.
I told you I been in Bangkok often, but you did show me many new and interesting places.

All guys, if you go to Bangkok let Sana show you around the town. Specially when you are there the first time, she will make your tripp comfortable.

#10 touristguide_sana

touristguide_sana
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 08:04 PM

I

#11 gax

gax
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 09:48 AM

What happened to Sana's video??