• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 mindyourmind

mindyourmind
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 01:27 PM

first of all, great site!

i'll be in bangkok some time in mid february for a few nights. i'm interested in checking out king's castle but i've heard that i'll be 'eaten alive' in there. :shock:

i've been with a couple of lbs before (at the same time!) but only in pattaya. i won't mention any names but it was a very intense few days. i had great fun and all but this time i don't really want such a hectic time. i've checked out nana plaza before. i much prefered the lbs in obsession to the ones in casanova. i didn't check out cascade at all.

the lbs in obsession looked far more feminine to me and this is what i like. can anyone let me know if king's castle is closer to the obsession or casanova end of the spectrum.

i'm also interested in hearing of any lb friendly hotels near nana plaza and patpong.

one last question is how much should i expect to pay for short time at this time of the year. is it high season? like i say, i've only been with lbs in pattaya and that was for a very long time. :lol:

any help will be greatly appreciated.

#2 koykaeng

koykaeng
  • Members
  • 6,477 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 01:52 PM

Kings Castle III & Cascades are definitely much closer to Obsessions with regard to the style of ladyboys on offer.

I appreciate your remarks with regard to Casanova Bar in general terms, but personally I really like the bar.

I'll admit it's not to everyones taste, although I think those that have been into ladyboys for sometime and have much broader taste, would appreciate Casanova Bar.

Cheers
Koykaeng

#3 mindyourmind

mindyourmind
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 03:17 PM

I appreciate your remarks with regard to Casanova Bar in general terms, but personally I really like the bar.

thanks a lot Koykaeng for the info. what i wrote probably came out wrong. i had a really excellent night in casanova bar last year - brilliant actually. but when i went in there, there was only me and two other guys and it was madness! i had about 10 lbs crowding round me, which was nice i guess but i want a low-key affair this time round.

cheers again for the info.

#4 mindyourmind

mindyourmind
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 08:34 PM

ok, so has anyone got any info on whether it's low or high season in mid february and roughly how much st/lt should set me back at king's castle 3, cascades or obsessions?

thanks!

#5 koykaeng

koykaeng
  • Members
  • 6,477 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 08:44 PM

Peak season for Bankok commences in November, and finishes in Febraury. In reality the Christmas/New Year period is the real peak, and by February things are commencing to slow down.

In reality February is what they refer to as "shoulder" season, somewhere in between.

As for prices, try having a look on the forum or use the search function.
I hate saying that, but honestly there is so much information on pricing already posted.

Cheers
Koykaeng

#6 Guest_Pat Tire_*

Guest_Pat Tire_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2007 - 09:51 PM

In Pattaya already a lot less tourists around than there were a week ago and now once again guys, you can stay pretty much anywhere you like :lol:

#7 mindyourmind

mindyourmind
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 05:47 PM

I just tried booking online at Nana Hotel. They said they were full.

Then I tried booking online at Majestic Suites but their security certificates are up the creek.

Bummer.

#8 koykaeng

koykaeng
  • Members
  • 6,477 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 05:52 PM

What about Dynasty Inn Grande, around the corner ?

It's 2280 Baht/night, but really lovely and obviously LB friendly.

Cheers
Koykaeng

#9 mindyourmind

mindyourmind
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 06:55 PM

It's a little pricey but why not hey? 8)

Is it very busy in Nana at the moment? I'm a bit surprised the Nana Hotel was full.

I hope there's some ladyboys left for me. :lol:

Thanks again for you help koykaeng.

#10 Guest_Pat Tire_*

Guest_Pat Tire_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2007 - 01:24 PM

Nana Hotel has 350 rooms of which nearly half are occupied by long term (usually American) residents, probably at a discounted rate. And it's amazing how cheap blokes can be in trying to save a few hundred baht here and there on accomodation while on holiday and yet in the GoGo's and bars they are much more generous.
I have stayed at the Nana over thirty times however, while the DIG is only 2280 per night! That is my home in Bangkok. :lol:

There is no way that the standard rooms at the Nana are worth 1300 per night when compared to DIG's absolute luxury.

#11 costassg

costassg
  • Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 03:25 PM

Nana Hotel has 350 rooms of which nearly half are occupied by long term (usually American) residents, probably at a discounted rate. And it's amazing how cheap blokes can be in trying to save a few hundred baht here and there on accomodation while on holiday and yet in the GoGo's and bars they are much more generous.
I have stayed at the Nana over thirty times however, while the DIG is only 2280 per night! That is my home in Bangkok. :lol:

There is no way that the standard rooms at the Nana are worth 1300 per night when compared to DIG's absolute luxury.

the only problem with DIG is that the let snick in only one ladyboy at a time.more ladyboys at the same time 500 baht each extra charge
So many ladyboys so little time

#12 Guest_Pat Tire_*

Guest_Pat Tire_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2007 - 04:08 PM

I'm sure someone of your experience costassg is able to overcome that minor issue :?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci