• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 rosco7777

rosco7777
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 01:20 AM

Hello everyone,

Coming over to Phuket in March - Booking this week.

Can anyone advise me good hotels that are LB freindly and close to the action. I like to stay in a half decent hotel but must have internet access in the room for my business.

Also any good travel agents for flights from the UK?

Cheers in advance.

#2 ClassOf89

ClassOf89
  • Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 02:35 AM

You can get to Phuket On a charter flight through www.mytravel.com or www.thomsonfly.com who have a once a week charter flight from Gatwick that stops once to refuel in Abu Dhabi. Otherwise it means going through one of the asian hubs on a scheduled airline which at that time of year can be a lot more expensive. Hope this helps.

#3 rosco7777

rosco7777
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 05:45 AM

Cheers Class. Is March a bad time to go money Wise??

#4 cyp73

cyp73
  • Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 05:58 PM

I used Aloha Villa & Patong Villa. Just 5 mins walk from Soi Bang La and no LB problems or guset charge.

Cheap but OK i also stayed at http://thaibasecamp.com/ which is in the heart of the paradise complex. No reception so you can do what you like.

I found eva air had the best prices the last couple of times (direct).

#5 ClassOf89

ClassOf89
  • Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 11:24 PM

Eva Air do not fly to Phuket, if you fly with them you will need to buy a domestic flight or travel overland. Check out the C&N hotel in Rat-u-tit road, 2 mins from Bangla and LB friendly.

#6 bigtom1983

bigtom1983
  • Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 12:02 AM

I was planning on going to phuket, but decided on going to bangkok and pattaya instead, but when i was pricing flights and hotels for phuket, for me flying from dublin it was alot cheaper just getting flights to bangkok (776euro) and then getting a flight to phuket from there with thai airways (140euro) but if i had booked a flight from dublin to phuket i think it was around 1200euro.
all these flights were from ebookers, but what i do is do a search on there site and when the list of options come up just chose the one you want then go to the airlines own website and book through there and you will get the price down about 40euro without ebookers charge for booking through them, it does'nt seem like much but it works out at nearly 2000 thai baht and we all know what that can get you in thailand :D

and yes i am a cheap charlie :wink:

#7 ClassOf89

ClassOf89
  • Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 12:33 AM

thank you for a great response!

#8 cyp73

cyp73
  • Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 03:35 AM

I found eva air had the best prices the last couple of times (direct).

Oh yeah - I stand corrected. You can stil get cheap flights with Nok Air etc, so it's not that bad.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci