where am planning on staying

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 bigtom1983

bigtom1983
  • Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 09:24 PM

After alot of reading of posts regarding hotels I have decided on staying in the majestic suites in bkk and the residence garden in pattaya, so has anyone had any bad experiences with these recently before i book them? Thanks in advance :D

#2 cdragon

cdragon
  • Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 04:42 AM

Majestic Suites is a great place for the price. The rooms are clean, the staff friendly, and its suited to people with our interests. The rooms are a bit small though, even booking deluxe, but not horribly small. The other thing is its small, and the rooms tend to get booked fast, so make sure to get reservations as early as possible.

I plan on staying at Majestic Grande, but I book through Majestic Suites for a better price.

#3 bigtom1983

bigtom1983
  • Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 07:24 AM

Thanks cdragon, and the prices have gone up at the majesticsuites since i posted first, but nothing major, just about 50 baht on each type of room.

#4 Guest_Pat Tire_*

Guest_Pat Tire_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2007 - 04:08 PM

Yes Majestic suites are ok but not great value IMO :( . The location is fantastic, although not so good for Taxis because they can not stop outside. As mentioned the rooms are small infact too small however, the deluxe rooms are a reasonable size.
My vote for the best value for money hotel in that particular part of Bangkok goes to Dynasty Grande in Suk Soi 6. Luxury 5 star standard rooms, huge bathroom with two showers, in room safe, large bed with egyptian cotton sheets, swimming pool (MS does not have a pool) gym and of course LB friendly :lol: All this for only 2280 per night.
I think I shall go back there next weekend :wink:

#5 bigtom1983

bigtom1983
  • Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 04:13 PM

The rooms in the majestic suites cant be that small are they? I just cant make up my mind at all on where to stay in bangkok, but am 100% sure of The residence garden in pattaya, and it was actually old post from you pat that i heard of it, looks pretty good i have to say.

#6 koykaeng

koykaeng
  • Members
  • 6,477 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 05:49 PM

I can highly recommend the Dynasty Inn Grande, or "DIG" for short as it's fast becoming known around the traps !

Actually interesting to here my fellow moderator Pat Tire giving "DIG" the thumbs up as he has always been such a fan of that great institution, The Nana Hotel.

Sounds like Pat Tire is now a member of the "DIG" fan club. :)

Cheers
Koykaeng

#7 Guest_Pat Tire_*

Guest_Pat Tire_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2007 - 07:39 PM

Yes...I am a convert to DIG and you persuaded me KK :lol: I shall never use the Nana again.
You know it's amazing how tight fisted folk can be because the Nana is fully booked through January and yet I called the DIG yesterday to book two rooms for this coming weekend and got a confirmed reservation.
In English terms the Dynasty is only a tenner a night more expensive and I can certainly live with that.

Tom...The standard rooms at Majestic Suite are about the same size as the bathrooms in Dynasty Grande...I kid you not :shock:
The only benefit MS has over DIG is a slightly better location and also a lower price.

#8 bigtom1983

bigtom1983
  • Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 04:43 AM

I plan on staying at Majestic Grande, but I book through Majestic Suites for a better price.

I have decided on staying at majestic grande instead of majestic suites but looking at the suites website to book the grande for a better price from your advice cdragon and could'nt see anything for booking the grande on there site. On the majestic grande website its like 70 euro(3200baht) but looking at asiarooms got it at 59 euro(2684baht) and while am talking about money the exchange rate right now is shit, for example when i booked my flights it was 1 euro=49baht and now its 1 euro=45baht and still dropping.

#9 bigtom1983

bigtom1983
  • Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 04:49 AM

I looked at dynasty inn grande aswell because of all you seasoned veteran's talking about it, but the pics on the website does'nt do it any justice, the rooms just look abit shit, i doubt any of you guy's have pics of the rooms without naked lb's in them, to give me an idea of what its really like.

#10 cdragon

cdragon
  • Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 11:28 AM

Email resv@majesticsuites.com . Anand is the Manager at Majestic Suites, and you can get a better price through him than through Majestic Grande site.

#11 Guest_Pat Tire_*

Guest_Pat Tire_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 January 2007 - 07:04 PM

The standard rooms at the Majestic Grande are of a very similar standard to Dynasty Grande.
The two places are about 100meters apart.

#12 bigtom1983

bigtom1983
  • Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 07:29 PM

You's are always talking a about dynasty inn grande or the dig as some are now calling it, so am gonna have another think about it, but i have narrowed it down to majestic grande and the dig (sounds like a shithole when its called that)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci