AirBnB in May: BKK & Pattaya

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 wiild1

wiild1
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 01:25 PM

I am planning a short trip in late May. AirBnB seems to have decent prices for new fresh condos in Pattaya, especially The Base at 40-50 USD per night for stays of 2-3 nights. Would anyone see a problem bringing LBs back to such a place? A private appartment should be the most private and secure but I see very few guys renting like this on the forum?

Thanks!

#2 Spyder Rocket

Spyder Rocket
  • Members
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 02:44 PM

I am planning a short trip in late May. AirBnB seems to have decent prices for new fresh condos in Pattaya, especially The Base at 40-50 USD per night for stays of 2-3 nights. Would anyone see a problem bringing LBs back to such a place? A private appartment should be the most private and secure but I see very few guys renting like this on the forum?
Thanks!

You wouldn't have trouble bringing a guest back to a condo building like the Base.

I live in one of their buildings over in Phuket Town and security is mainly concerned with screening cars coming through the gate for parking passes.

Motorbikes usually just get waved in, and once you are inside, as long as you have a keycard you are on your own.

I will say this, there was a notice posted in the elevator to condo owners saying it is illegal for them to rent out their units for short-term stays.

Something about it violating the hotel act. Plus, we had a lot of people complaining about the lobby getting trashed by people treating the place like a hotel.

Maybe Pattaya is different, but they cracked down on AirBnB in Phuket. After that notice was posted, the lobby and gym are back to normal again.

#3 wiild1

wiild1
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 12:06 AM

Thanks Spider Rocket! Yes I could see excessive short term lets at a party location being a problem...so a certain risk for me. We'll see how I deal with that.

#4 Spyder Rocket

Spyder Rocket
  • Members
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 08:17 AM

Thanks Spider Rocket! Yes I could see excessive short term lets at a party location being a problem...so a certain risk for me. We'll see how I deal with that.

I think your biggest risk would be having your booking cancelled, if there is a crackdown on AirBnB in Pattaya like there was on Phuket.

I'm sure you would get your money back, so more of an inconvenience.

The Base properties are nice and if I recall from that memo I read, condo owners can rent their units out but there is a stipulation on the number of days. Sorry, can't remember what it was, but I think it had to be at least a week.

That memo isn't posted in the common area anymore, but maybe you can email customer service at AirBnB or read some reviews to see if people are having problems.

#5 Nick Bullseye

Nick Bullseye
  • Members
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 27 February 2017 - 03:44 PM

Why do you want AirBnB in Thailand? AirBnB is interesting in cities, where good hotels are expensive, even very expensive, like Paris, London, New York, or San Francisco. You can have a good hotel in Bangkok, Phuket, or Pattaya for € 50, a luxury hotel for € 100. In Paris, you have only a 2* hotel for € 100. Frankly, I would not bother with AirBnB in your case.

EDIT: Word order.

Nick Bullseye

#6 Spyder Rocket

Spyder Rocket
  • Members
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 09:19 PM

Why do you want AirBnB in Thailand? AirBnB is interesting in cities, where good hotels are expensive, even very expensive, like Paris, London, New York, or San Francisco. You can have a good hotel in Bangkok, Phuket, or Pattaya for € 50, a luxury hotel for € 100. In Paris, you have a 2* hotel only for € 100. Frankly, I would not bother with AirBnB in your case.

Good point, and even if he doesn't consider your advice he should probably look at a map and see how far away The Base in Pattaya is from the places he wants to go.

Condo buildings tend to be farther away than the hotels are from the entertainment districts.

#7 wiild1

wiild1
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 12:10 AM

After checking prices for 4-5 star hotels I agree with you both on booking an hotel instead. I happen to have used AirBnB a lot lately and use the app before checking out prices for hotel. Thanks! Really looking forward to the trip. ☺

#8 Landster

Landster
  • Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 12:56 PM

everyone has their own standards but 4-5 star places in thailand seem like a waste of money, on the cheaper end you dont get anymore space than a good 1 or 2 star your just paying for fancy decor

#9 wiild1

wiild1
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 12:51 AM

Thanks for advice.  I ended up booking hotels:

April Suites in Pattaya, 3 star with OK pool 6 min walk from Soi 6 and also close to the nice malls and some decent cafes and restaurants. 

Compass Skyview 5 star: Soi 24 just at Phrom Phong BTS, Emporium and EmQuartier malls & one stop from ASOK, 2 from Nana. 

Getting ready now!  :-) 

#10 Spyder Rocket

Spyder Rocket
  • Members
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 02:52 PM

April Suites is one of my favorite places in Pattaya.

The pool is more than Ok and the location is convenient. The don't hassle you for bringing guests back there either.

#11 wiild1

wiild1
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 11:10 PM

April Suites is one of my favorite places in Pattaya.

The pool is more than Ok and the location is convenient. The don't hassle you for bringing guests back there either.

Thanks Spyder Rocket.  It looked nice when I booked it and I did not bother checking if it was guestfriendly....  but great to hear that it is and that you liked it. 

#12 Ladyboy Chaser

Ladyboy Chaser
  • Members
  • 108 posts
  • LocationCebu, Philippines

Posted 24 June 2017 - 03:38 PM

I happen to love AirBnb you have can get a condo in BKK of $30 a night. The benefit is I can lie and say I own it or live there plus its completely girl friendly. I don't trash the place or treat it like a hotel. I hate hotels so I guess its all subjective. Girl seem more comfortable in a condo and more prone to GFE which is my thing.

• Kioji likes this

I arrange Tour Packages / Karaoke / VIP Club Nights with the hottest Ladyboy companions if you are visiting the Philippines.
If you want to party with 5-10 hot ladyboys and don't have time to arrange it, I can make it happen. LadyboyChaser.com

My Skype LadyboyChaserTours

Chat Ladyboys on Skype, KIK or Snapchat

Recommended Dating Sites

Thai Ladyboys

Philippine Ladyboys

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci