Philipinne Passport

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 BjBj

BjBj
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 10:08 PM

I have a Philippine ladyboy friend. She has no passport.  She said we can get her birth certificate.  Is it possible to get her passport to read female?  Possibly someone in the Philippines can do that.  She is very feminine. I know Australia let's ladyboys choose female on their passport if they wish.  thanks

#2 Nick Bullseye

Nick Bullseye
  • Members
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 24 March 2014 - 11:53 PM

Is it possible to get her passport to read female?

Doubtful. No country allows it unless they allow to change legal gender. In the case when they allow it, the person must have undergone SRS.

Consult the following webpage: http://en.wikipedia....ry_or_territory

Nick Bullseye

#3 rxpharm

rxpharm
  • Moderators
  • 3,339 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 12:26 AM

Getting the passport is not difficult, but changing the sex from M to F is not possible in the Philippines.  This entry is from Wikipedia:

The Philippine Supreme Court has also ruled that Filipino citizens do not have the right to legally change their sex on official documents (driver's license, passport, birth certificate, Social Security records, etc.) if they are transsexual and have undergone sexual reassignment surgery.[31] The Court said that if the man, now anatomically a female, were to be allowed to legally change his sex it would have “serious and wide-ranging legal and public policy consequences,” citing the institution of marriage in particular.[32]

:cnd:

#4 duke007

duke007
  • Members
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 05:23 AM

Just out of curiousity here, I have a Filipino squeeze (i.e. ladyboy) and we will want to visit Thailand next year departing from Manila

My question is will she have problems with a Visa getting into Thailand even though we will be returning to the Philippines together?

What she asked of me at the end of the Day,
Caligula would have blushed

#5 Macman

Macman
  • Members
  • 988 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 09:25 AM

Duke, Angel and I went to Thailand 2 years ago.  She already had a passport and her implants.  Her passport reads "male", and gives her man's first name.  I don't know if things have changed since then, but she didn't need a visa, and we encountered no problems whatsoever.

• duke007 and dixon cox like this
Actually living the dream.

#6 duke007

duke007
  • Members
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 06:02 PM

Thanx for the info Macman drinks.gif

What she asked of me at the end of the Day,
Caligula would have blushed

#7 xyzzy

xyzzy
  • Members
  • 1,708 posts
  • LocationPattaya

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:00 PM

Both Thailand and the Philippines are ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations) members. Travel between member countries should not require a visa.

http://en.wikipedia....ra-ASEAN_travel

xyzzy is the "magic word" from the first computer adventure game and isn't capitalized

#8 MadMoker

MadMoker
  • Members
  • 43 posts
  • Locationleicestershire

Posted 06 April 2014 - 02:05 AM

Should not be a problem to travel fom PH to Thailand with a passport as a visa is not required.  But to obtain a passport ( and leave the philippines )  Filipinos will need their NBI certificate to prove no criminal convictions.  Like all things Filipino , getting an NBI can take time ! 

• duke007 likes this

#9 MadMoker

MadMoker
  • Members
  • 43 posts
  • Locationleicestershire

Posted 06 April 2014 - 02:33 AM

Sorry , I didn't reply to your original post.   You probably will NOT be able to get any documents in her female name.  I have recently arranged a Passport , NBI , TB check and English Test for my LB Fiancee but the Philippino authorities insist on using her Boy ( birth ) name.     Even the British Embassy seem to say we are a same - sex couple rather than Fiancee ( boy/girl )  although in UK there is now no difference in law.  NOte:- while in Manila , Iam going to check out Brit Embassy cos they must be governed by UK Law and therefore cannot discriminate between sexes.    Could be interesting !

#10 scottieM

scottieM
  • Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 08:09 AM

Getting the passport is not difficult, but changing the sex from M to F is not possible in the Philippines.  This entry is from Wikipedia:

The quote from the supreme court is pretty much interesting.
If someone has had SRS and is physically and looking like a woman, still has to bear male identification on the documents. That is what they say, pretending that changing the docs would create "troubles" (in short)
I personally think that keeping the male identity on a female looking person generates more troubles...
A person is what it is at the given time.
As the identity change is usually ruled and arranged by a court, any possible link with the past (male) history from a judicial POV should,still be in the hands of the court who will know if the person had troubles with the law in the "previous (male) life", so the possible troubles (That I can see in that respect) should be a no issue.
My two cents.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Philipinne, Passport

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci