• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Josh69

Josh69
  • Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:09 AM

Hi all,

It's been a while since my last post here but as i didn't see any topic about the olympics games (i know Sev7en used to open that kind of topic), and as i am a big fan of all kind of sports, i thought it was a good thing to open one here.

This is a more than a great event, which takes place in one of the most surprising city. I lived in Kensington and Walthamstow one year when i was twenty years old). I wish i could be in london right now but i 'm preparing my next trip to the land of smiles...

Tonight a guy called Joshua Anthony : an english heavyweight boxer who just amazed me. He should win the gold medal.
Well, what about you? What event did you really enjoy? Have you been emotionally touched?

cheers

Josh

#2 kendal1972

kendal1972
  • Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:12 AM

I still don't understand why they called it London 2012 as there are bits of the olympics going on all over the uk! but then London is apparently getting much bigger if you go by the apparent renaming of various airports, London Oxford, London Southend, London Kent!!! I'm sure we'll have London Newcastle soon :lol:
So far i've watched only one thing the cycling and that road race while good as a sporting spectacle did not yield the "gold banker" that everyone said it would. At least you didn't have to pay exhorbitant money to watch the road race too.
On a different note as someone living and travelling through London into work the olympics is an absolute nightmare with the bus re-routes and additional traffic, the one good thing that happend was no tube network maintenance for 6 weeks :lol:

#3 trousersnake

trousersnake
  • Members
  • 513 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 03:58 PM

I have enjoyed the opening week of the Olympics thoroughly. It is nice to have it going on in the background in the office. The swimming has been great and the Wiggens win yesterday was outstanding. Travel hasn't been disrupted at all. I work quite close to the Stadium in Canary Wharf and on my work commute there actually seems to be less people on the trains. I am going to the athletics in Stratford on Monday and then off to Thailand the following week. :rock:
HSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

#4 duke007

duke007
  • Members
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 06:06 PM

Ive been working the Football games at Old Trafford (Manchester)
The crowds have been good and everyone seems to be enjoying the occasion as am I 8)

I also watched the opening ceremony which I thought was brilliant, nobody in the World can do Events as good as the Brits imho :tada:

I thought the James Bond / Queen sketch was a "classic" :D

http://www.youtube.c...bed/xW5abat5NEU

Danny Boyle deserves a lot of credit for all his hard work organising this Event :notworthy:

Moments like this make me "proud" to be British

What she asked of me at the end of the Day,
Caligula would have blushed

#5 boomdraw

boomdraw
  • Banned
  • 735 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:17 PM

female gymnast n female swimmers wow.

#6 jayarr

jayarr
  • Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 03:51 AM

sounds like a good time
http://espn.go.com/o...e-espn-magazine

#7 boomdraw

boomdraw
  • Banned
  • 735 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:46 PM

yeah the story of greg luganis ''feeling so protected''on a russians lap really is quite thrilling, so is the snicker bar toss.

i do agree with what somebody else said about the temptation though, 7s with bodies that are twenties, my type completely.

#8 trousersnake

trousersnake
  • Members
  • 513 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 03:11 AM

Some beautiful women on the British Team. I just love Louise Hazel :love:

Attached Files

#9 trousersnake

trousersnake
  • Members
  • 513 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 03:12 AM

And of course Jess Ennis :rock:

Attached Files

#10 KendoUK

KendoUK
  • Members
  • 952 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:59 AM

the other GB Heptathlete, Katarina Johnson-Thompson isn't too bad either

Posted Image

zinc n B-6 deficiency's, tends to make folks post crazy things like ''your a fagg you never fuked a trannie prostitute''.. - Boomdraw

#11 trousersnake

trousersnake
  • Members
  • 513 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 05:53 AM

As long as she doesnt speak :blush:

#12 Arsonist

Arsonist
  • Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:49 PM

Tonight a guy called Joshua Anthony : an english heavyweight boxer who just amazed me. He should win the gold medal.

Well done Joshua, a perfect prediction which hopefully you turned into € :D

Yet another Gold Medal added to the magnificent Team GB haul, the nation hosting this Olympics not only arranged, organised and produced the best games ever but their Athletes supremely stepped up to the plate with some mezmerizing performances.
I suppose my personal favourite would have to be Mo Farah's double gold in the 10,000 and 5000 meters where he saw off the mighty Kenyans and Ethiopians.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci