Earthquake in Cebu

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 boss45

boss45
  • Members
  • 473 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:12 PM

Hi, just heard about an Earthquake in Cebu, was headed there is two weeks. Anyone on the ground there?

#2 vudoo

vudoo
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 02:05 AM

actually this has been a facebook status among my friends but as i ask them everything is ok out there but they were having some tsunami panic but everything is ok except in some parts of cebu and also in central visayas
not all woman are assign female at birth

facebook: Halldóra Njarðardóttir
mobile:+639274949337
BKK:+66859650876
email:typhoon_jelena@ymail.com

#3 dazedandconfused

dazedandconfused
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:05 AM

There was a big earthquake centered on Negros Island which is adjacent to Cebu island. Sadly approx 50 people killed in landslides on the side of mountains in northern Negros. Everywhere else mainly fine apart from minor structural damage and doubtless some very high adrenaline rushes. Friend of mine, ex California and Japan, said that first tremor lasted about a minute and was as strong as anything he could remember. All tsunami warnings cancelled very quickly. Fairly unusual to have them here of this magnitude but all seems to be ok again now. Assuming that there are no big aftershocks.

#4 Crackerjax

Crackerjax
  • Members
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 01:09 PM

Fresh reports coming in widespread mayhem and civil disturbances centered upon the transgendered community with neighbors suspecting witchcraft as it is discovered that there are no cracks in the homes of the ladyboys.

The locals, never very friendly to begin with, have threatened to burn down the Cebu Marriott unless Mayor Ignacio Muffdiver surrenders to the mob the foreign cocksuckers known to frequent this hotel.

I've decided to give to give Cebu a swerve this month.

#5 dazedandconfused

dazedandconfused
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 02:47 PM

:agree:

Good job some of us are heading Northwards eh CJ?

boss45 on the other hand is doomed....

#6 peterdelite80

peterdelite80
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:48 AM

I hope my Phils family are well. My property in the Dumaguete area has been slightly damaged, so whenever I get to go back, I'll need to see how bad it is and if I can still built a residence on the lot.

I also hope the families of those lost are taken care of well, by fellow families and the government.
Heteroflexibility is the ultimate freedom of choice. Your straight but play with ALL sexes.

#7 boss45

boss45
  • Members
  • 473 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:20 AM

I hope my Phils family are well. My property in the Dumaguete area has been slightly damaged, so whenever I get to go back, I'll need to see how bad it is and if I can still built a residence on the lot.

I also hope the families of those lost are taken care of well, by fellow families and the government.

Well at least someone besides myself has a heart and a brain on this post. :D :D :D

#8 dazedandconfused

dazedandconfused
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:52 AM

Well....I thought that I had a heart and a brain here :sad:

peterdelite80 - word from DGT is that all is very ok in that particular area. You might have some minor damage but nothing that should prevent you doing building and construction. Maybe make sure that the surveyors and builders take into account possible earthquakes when they build it though? You would be / not be surprised how many folks save some money by not adding in good support structure.

There was significantly worse damage from the typhoon / floods before Xmas so if you came through that ok then you will be fine now. The Negros area is in an area of seismic activity so there are always likley to be some movements - but this one was on a scale rarely seen. People worst affected (as always) are those living in poor conditions and inadequate housing. In this case in basic properties clinging on to the side of a mountain which fell away in a landslide.

Your land is in Dauin or Valencia or somewhere like that? Just asking out of curiousity... It's a nice area.

#9 Woof1

Woof1
  • Members
  • 910 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:36 AM

Feel sorry for those who have so little and are always affected the most by those unpredictable disasters.
Only know the East side of this island. By the look on Google Earth, the main tremors were offshore contained between Negros and Cebu in the Tanion Strait.
Earth Slide is unfortunately where the most damage is always done.
Can't help but to think if my donation to Red Cross will ever reach those really in need
So many LB So Little Time

#10 peterdelite80

peterdelite80
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:45 AM

D&C,

I PM'd you.

PD80
Heteroflexibility is the ultimate freedom of choice. Your straight but play with ALL sexes.

#11 dazedandconfused

dazedandconfused
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:58 PM

Well at least someone besides myself has a heart and a brain on this post. :D :D :D

So boss45....how was your stay in Earthquake Central (Cebu)?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci