8 replies to this topic

#1 hankhavelock

hankhavelock
  • Members
  • 339 posts
  • LocationJakarta

Posted 22 November 2015 - 12:32 PM

When entering the forum via Google search I get the warning:

Warning — visiting this web site may harm your computer!

However, when entering the url directly in the browser all is fine.

This may be nothing - on the other hand it may also be wise if webmaster has a look into this and perhaps advices Google to take a closer look? Just to be on the safe side.

- I cherish the fact that the girls I date are braver than I

#2 Bert66

Bert66
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 22 November 2015 - 02:52 PM

I had this message for almost one week and didn´t dare to enter the site. Happened quite often during the last months. Now it seems to be ok again.

#3 hankhavelock

hankhavelock
  • Members
  • 339 posts
  • LocationJakarta

Posted 22 November 2015 - 04:46 PM

Yes, just checked login via Google and it seems ok for now.

#4 Skyblue

Skyblue
  • Members
  • 96 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 22 November 2015 - 10:34 PM

I too have had this issue for ages. More so on my mobile phone (to get around it I copy & paste the URL as on the mobile device it does not give me the option to "ignore this warning" as it does on my computer.

Having been on the site for a while now it does not concern me as I am sure the site is clean but its still a dammed nuisance having to go through that routine all the time. Still the results are worth it... :)

#5 thailover57

thailover57
  • Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 08:53 PM

I commented in another thread. Safari (iOS) gave me problems for a week. Switched to Chrome, no problems.
Old, cantankerous, and sorry if I piss you off - well, not really. Just enjoy!

#6 Princeshow

Princeshow
  • Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted 03 December 2015 - 11:09 PM

I get the malware warning but firstly, its just a message board, and don't click on links that look suspicious. 

#7 Platapuss

Platapuss
  • Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 09:45 PM

Im not into phisting ,,,,
  • Surin Nix likes this

#8 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 39 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 03:33 PM

Hi Guys, this has been an ongoing problem for us for a while and the forum software we use is not stable, very vulnerable.

We will look at changing softwares so these errors do not come up again, but it would take time before the new, improved version of the site is launched.

#9 hankhavelock

hankhavelock
  • Members
  • 339 posts
  • LocationJakarta

Posted 08 December 2015 - 03:35 PM

Well, full understanding on that one - especially open source CMSs seem to be targeted. It is a challenge, and it has become much worse over the last year or so (Drupal, Wordpress, etc.).

But for the time being, this site works.

And the problem ofcourse is that the "bad guys" are conglomerates with superior programming skills and extraordinarily destructive intentions, and especially on CMS they can hide their trojans so that it is virtually impossible to find them - let alone get rid of them. Not even server-operators can do that. I've had Drupal-sites on high-prized servers - and the same shit happened.

The only current answer, as I see it, is constant backups - end then killing the site, when shit happens - and install the latest, working backup - which is far from safe, because the bastards put their trojan in with a delayed action...

Bloody Russians... peasants... oh well, they are no worse or less criminal than the financial capitalistic Wall Street mafia - only they are blatantly outside the law - no hiding it...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci