Replica Watches in Phuket

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 barebackking

barebackking
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 04:43 AM

Hi guys, anyone know a great place to obtain high quality replicas (or copy in Thai ) don't want burn to much time and need some barrings. Thx

#2 Spyder Rocket

Spyder Rocket
  • Members
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 06:30 AM

It is kind of a crap shoot with those things. Some of them hold up a long time, while others only last a month or two.

In Patong, at the ocean end of Bangala Rd there is a shop on the right side that I bought a decent looking Tag Heuer replica, lasted a year before the adhesive holding the trim inside the dial let loose.

Standing at the end of Bagala facing the ocean, turn right and walk up the beach road and there are several shops that have them.

Haggle with them and they will come down off their price. Go early in the morning and pretend that you only have a limited amount of Baht on you. I think there is some Thai superstition about making the first sell of the day to the first customer, depending on how superstitious the owner is, he might sell you one at cost or slightly below his cost.

There is probably some info out on the Internet about how to distinguish higher quality knock offs from the really crappy ones.
  • Surin Nix likes this

#3 Surin Nix

Surin Nix
  • Members
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 10:28 AM

I don't mean to brag, but...

...I got myself a genuine Casio on Bangla.

$50. Special price.

You read that right. Genuine. Casio.

Me only. Sorry, lollygaggers.
  • tourist and Spyder Rocket like this
Nix

#4 jonnieb

jonnieb
  • Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 02:00 PM

"Replica" watches...I like that  :lol:

Generally you know the grade of the "replicas" by the price...I've never bought them but some sellers want only a few hundred baht for them and others several thousand. The several thousand are the higher quality replicas. Also, most of the sellers have a catalog where you can specify the exact "replica" you want and which quality level and they will get it with a few hours or the next day depending (just leave a 10% deposit).

#5 Spyder Rocket

Spyder Rocket
  • Members
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 04:55 AM

You read that right. Genuine. Casio.

Is that a line from a movie?

Seems like I've heard that before.

EDIT:

I remember now, John Candy from Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

He tries to pay for a hotel room with a Casio watch.
  • tourist and Surin Nix like this

#6 JustSumGai

JustSumGai
  • Members
  • 167 posts
  • Locationon the Gulf of Mexico

Posted 27 January 2015 - 09:13 AM

fakes are CRAP...100%. I got a bunch from diffo places. All have tiny workings, cheap. No O ring seals on back, etc. You're lucky if they keep time a month before degrading to shit. I would not by ANY watch in Thailand. Save maybe an expensive one at a very good store. One was losing about ten minutes an hour :) It hit the trashcan a few hours later.

#7 Spyder Rocket

Spyder Rocket
  • Members
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 09:39 AM

I've been looking for those old Soviet watches... Vostok was the brand name, there are huge, heavy as hell, and you can beat the crap out of them.

The only problem with them was most where wind up watches, and if you goofed up and over wound one, you'd never be able to get it fixed... They had a few models that had self-winding mechanisms... No batteries, which is kind of cool...

#8 jonnieb

jonnieb
  • Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 10:14 AM

fakes are CRAP...100%. I got a bunch from diffo places. All have tiny workings, cheap. No O ring seals on back, etc. You're lucky if they keep time a month before degrading to shit. I would not by ANY watch in Thailand. Save maybe an expensive one at a very good store. One was losing about ten minutes an hour :) It hit the trashcan a few hours later.

I agree with you completely...but he was looking for advice. Probably one who goes through life faking it :)

#9 donnykey

donnykey
  • Members
  • 3,369 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 06:23 PM

It all depends who you buy them off I guess. I have a guy in Pattaya I have been dealing with for years. If the watch is no good I just bring it back next trip and he replaces it. Have bought many watches from him over the years and only returned one.

I am a fan of the Calvin Klein brand.They last for long time .. You only have to change battery when required.

(Don't like the big heavy watches)

I also have a copy gold Rolex that I have had for about 7 years. Still going strong.

Cheers DK

Attached Files

Oh so happy when in LOS

#10 JustSumGai

JustSumGai
  • Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 01:45 PM

hey, I gave him advice :)

Donny, I'm guessing you did not pay 1000 baht or something for those. Amazing record. I'm flabbergasted. Guessing they start at 3000 baht and go up.

#11 donnykey

donnykey
  • Members
  • 3,369 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 02:46 PM

hey, I gave him advice :)

Donny, I'm guessing you did not pay 1000 baht or something for those. Amazing record. I'm flabbergasted. Guessing they start at 3000 baht and go up.

I wasn't having a crack at you...was just giving my watch  experiences.

The 3 watches on the right i bought last trip ...3 for 3500 bht....must admit he probably sells them to one time customers for 3000 each.

The only watch from my man that i paid over 1500 bht for was the Rolex....4000 bht if i remember correctly.

Cheers DK

P.S, If anyone wants his number PM me.

Oh so happy when in LOS

#12 JustSumGai

JustSumGai
  • Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 04:50 PM

really, that's a good resource.  If I ever get down that way again I'll give you a holler.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci