Thanks from a Newbie

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 civlor

civlor
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 10:39 PM

First, I wanted to thank all of you for advice and perspectives that have been posted on this forum.  I have been reading them for some time now, trying to get as much information as possible.  Let me tell you, I certainly appreciate it. 

Second, I will be visiting Thailand for the first time this December.  I am very excited about the opportunities for fun, especially in Bangkok.  I will be there for about two weeks and can't wait to check out your suggestions.  I am currently trying to map out where I want to visit and when. 

I have been a fan of LB's for many years.  This will definitely be something new and exciting for me.  I am counting the days until I go.  Assuming I am successful, I will share my experiences here so that it may help someone else like me. 

Again, thanks for all of the useful information you have provided.  Keep it coming!

- Civ

• batman4ever and dixon cox like this

#2 jaybee111

jaybee111
  • Members
  • 389 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 October 2014 - 01:27 AM

If you are going to be in country for 2 weeks, you shouldn't confine yourself exclusively to Bangkok, although there is plenty to do and see there. Pattaya is a short 2 hour bus/van ride. It's not out of the question to go to Phuket for a few days also. Definitely worth the trip. Beautiful island, beaches and of course, ladyboys.

Welcome and enjoy your trip...you WILL be successful, no doubt!

• Surin Nix likes this

#3 civlor

civlor
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 10:07 PM

Thanks, JB.  Pattaya is definitely on the list!  I would be interested in suggestions on destinations favorable for LB fun.  Bangkok and Pattaya I hear are musts.

#4 batman4ever

batman4ever

• Moderators
  • 4,822 posts
  • LocationScandinavia

Posted 10 October 2014 - 01:51 PM

Also Phuket should be in your considerations ;) its a brilliant place especially if you also want to have some beach-holiday as the beaches over there are 10 times better than Pattayas...and its a short flight, and short taxi-ride from Phuket airport to Patong Beach where you will find a life-time support of ladyboys 8)

• Surin Nix and Janus like this

A ladyboy is a kind of creature...that makes a txt saying...dont you trust me...and send it to 20 people... :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

https://www.facebook.com/ladyboyforum

#5 civlor

civlor
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 02:54 PM

Thanks, Batman.  I am working on a plan right now.  The good news is, if I don't get to every place I want to go, I can come back ASAP!

#6 jfrank

jfrank
  • Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 12:10 AM

First, I wanted to thank all of you for advice and perspectives that have been posted on this forum.  I have been reading them for some time now, trying to get as much information as possible.  Let me tell you, I certainly appreciate it. 

Second, I will be visiting Thailand for the first time this December.  I am very excited about the opportunities for fun, especially in Bangkok.  I will be there for about two weeks and can't wait to check out your suggestions.  I am currently trying to map out where I want to visit and when. 

I have been a fan of LB's for many years.  This will definitely be something new and exciting for me.  I am counting the days until I go.  Assuming I am successful, I will share my experiences here so that it may help someone else like me. 

Again, thanks for all of the useful information you have provided.  Keep it coming!

- Civ

Civ, Pattaya is more fun and cheaper than BKK!

#7 civlor

civlor
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 10:46 PM

Quick question: 

My plans are starting to harden...pun intended.  I have 10 or 11 nights on my own before the ball and chain arrives.  Phuket is not really an option anymore, but I am still looking for a third destination.  OR, is it reasonable to stay in these areas for these durations? 

BKK - 6 Nights

Patts - 5 Nights

Perhaps an alternative...

BKK - 4 Nights

Unknown LB Paradise you suggest - 3 Nights

Patts - 4 Nights

Any input is greatly appreciated.  I am reading this forum daily to keep fully informed! 

Thanks again,

Civ

#8 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts
  • LocationCentral Pattaya

Posted 15 October 2014 - 11:08 PM

Bangkok 4 nights (you'll be bored by then)

Pattaya 7 nights (you'll wish you had more)

• civlor likes this

Meum cerebrum nocet

#9 civlor

civlor
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 11:13 PM

Thanks for the insight.  I appreciate it.

#10 jonnieb

jonnieb
  • Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 05:59 PM

Somebody's not going to appreciate your advice.

#11 civlor

civlor
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 06:45 PM

Somebody's not going to appreciate your advice.

So, you think it should be the other way around?  After reading the forums, I am leaning toward a 50/50 split.

I appreciate the suggestions!  Keep them coming.

-Civ

#12 jaybee111

jaybee111
  • Members
  • 389 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 October 2014 - 07:37 PM

My 2 baht worth...

I'd split it 50/50 between BKK and Patts if you can't get to Patong. That way you will get a better idea of what suits your style. Pattaya is great but it isn't for everyone. And there are more choices besides NEP in BKK now with Check-In Bar, Cockatoo and Darkside. Plus don't forget the somewhat forgotten Patpong area of BKK also.

If it were me I'd do 3 nights BKK, 5 in Pattaya then 2 back in BKK. Now you will know where to divvy your time next time you go...believe me, you WILL go back again! And when you do, schedule some time for Phuket. Not only is Patong Beach and C&D's great, the day tours to Koh Pi Pi and Phang Nga bay are beautiful!

• jimbo34, dixon cox, Surin Nix and 1 other like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci