Wages in LOS going up?

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 boss45

boss45
  • Members
  • 473 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 09:34 PM

Interesting articles about pay in LOS. This will push up the cost of mongering and everything else.

http://www.bangkokpo...f-15000-a-month

http://www.bangkokpo...ge-plan-faulted

#2 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 09:52 PM

I doubt that will push mongering costs up, boss45, as most bargirls earn far in excess of the average thai factory worker.

The new government, as yet unformed, has pledged to increase minimum wages. This in turn will push up other prices, marginally, but is unlikely to affect what the girls are asking.

The real cost is in the exchange rates, which as i write, are going to hell (except, oddly, the dollar - but their turn will come!). You'll get less baht for your euro/pound, which will make everything more expensive.

#3 Whiplash

Whiplash
  • Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 10:43 PM

Just wait till Greece goes belly up, which it will :!: Then watch Ireland and Portugal fall like domino's

Your lucky jimbo, you earn thai wages and spend in thailand, here in blighty, British Gas have just announced gas prices to rise by 18%. They went up almost 40% already in the last 2years

All you need is to pay ya air con bill monthly :butterfly:

#4 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 11:23 PM

Almost 4,000Bt last month! I've just taken a hammer to it. Fan only from now on!

#5 soulboy

soulboy
  • Members
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 12:40 AM

Any increase in the minimum wage should be supported

#6 sev7en

sev7en
  • Members
  • 3,650 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 12:51 AM

This report doesn´t do the lbs any good, i think. Another reason to not overpay ST/LTs.
Some of the more popular ones make 15 k baht per night.
"some see an erotic photo display, me i just hope the hot water soothed her ageing joints."
-boomdraw

#7 Nick Bullseye

Nick Bullseye
  • Members
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 12 July 2011 - 12:54 AM

Names! Give us names!

Nick Bullseye

#8 sev7en

sev7en
  • Members
  • 3,650 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 01:08 AM

Names! Give us names!

Oh, i don´t know names anymore. But Tunch in Cascades, or top earner in Cocktails n dreams whoever that is, for example, i´m sure average 100 k per month, before the western union contributions.
"some see an erotic photo display, me i just hope the hot water soothed her ageing joints."
-boomdraw

#9 Whiplash

Whiplash
  • Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 01:47 AM

I once met a girl from cocktails and dreams who bragged to me, that one evening during 'high season' maybe around xmas time, She had x7 customers, short time. :butterfly:

Put me right off 8)

Although i can imagine Ae or Bombay easily pulling in 100k per mth, but they are/was at the top of their game

#10 pacman

pacman
  • Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 09:09 AM

Almost 4,000Bt last month! I've just taken a hammer to it. Fan only from now on!

You're paying the farang rate & are probably subsidising any Thais living in the same building.

I have heard of hotels who entertain electricity company employees regularly whose power bill barely covers the cost of the stamps to post it.

#11 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 12:22 PM

No, i'm metered, and pay 4 Bt per unit, paccers. I'm just too fond of being cool, and kept the damn thing on 24/7.

#12 pacman

pacman
  • Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 03:45 PM

24/7!!

OMG, I would freeze to death... :tantrum:

I come from a hot country & last year in over 3 months in Pattaya, I had the aircon on for the first month but I finished up not using it at all. I found the ceiling fan to be ideal.

Some of the girls would insist on it but I had to turn it off after the room cooled down, they couldn't understand why I wouldn't want it running flat out all night.

It's another of their silly ideas about 'big face'. If you have it, you have to use it... CONSTANTLY!!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci