Jet Lag

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Vandal_*

Guest_Vandal_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2011 - 07:56 AM

how long does it take you to get over the jet lag??
with me only going to los 1/2's a year the jet lag takes it right out of me, 3/4 days to get to normality.
anybody the same???
or any tips on how to deal with it??

#2 petesie

petesie
  • Members
  • 8,011 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 09:55 PM

Drink lots of non alcoholic fluids and pop a sleeping pill...

I usually stay up all night long drinking heavily and have a couple in the taxi...once through immigration I hit the airport lounge and some Glenlivet and Drambuie with the addition of sandwiches helps me get on board...

Once we settle down I frequently press the whisky now button and enjoy some wine with my meal whilst giggling frequently at the entertainment channel...I eventually crash for a couple of hours just in time for some more wine before we land...my holiday...hangovers and jet lag can come when it's over... 8)
"My advice is just thank the god that doesnt exist for the rib he didnt take to create the women thats not a women that he didnt make for the naturaly uncut cock n enjoy it, they sure are fun." - Boomdraw

#3 Whiplash

Whiplash
  • Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 01:55 AM

Ironically, if i get a few hours nap on the plane, it never affects me...

When i land in Bkk, i grab a taxi from departures straight to pattaya, i try sleep in the taxi, but when im checked into my hotel, its a quick unpack, and i go on the hunt almost immediatly :butterfly:

Tend to get jet lag more on the way home, but i go get a 'chinese meal' and have a proper snooze, minimum 10 hours, Then im fresh as fuck, and ready as a 'duracell bunny' :butterfly:

#4 Thailand-junkie

Thailand-junkie
  • Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 05:21 AM

#5 Surin Nix

Surin Nix
  • Members
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 06:38 PM

I travel frequently and deal with jetlag issues all the time, but LOS is the grand-daddy of all time-zone changes for me (a solid 12 hour change).

With a connection in Tokyo, it's just under 24 hours door-to-door, My Country to LOS.

Although I generally follow the Petesie-Method (copyrighted) for jetlag overcummation (<--?), I find that the most tried and true method is general garden-variety suffering.

I always arrive LOS about 11 pm, and am in my hotel shortly after midnight in BKK. By then, I've enjoyed the welcome quiet of the cab ride into town, and will have drank a couple of beers along the way. It's always an enjoyable ride, but already my mind is buzzed.

The adrenaline of newly being there powers me through till about 4 in the morning, but there is a bit of a zombie-like quality that first night. I generally drink quietly and watch the world go by with very little conversation.

I've learned that I can get into quite a funk those first few days, and have learned to anticipate it, reminding myself that it's temporary and will pass. Then, usually on about the 4th or 5th day, my mood always seems to lighten and I have a sense of being all-better.

I also tend to drink too mutt beer and get dehydrated. That doesn't help.

Next trip, knowing all the above, I'm going to go to BKK, check into a nicer hotel than I usually do, and basically lay low, keep hydrated (in between beers), and not overplan or over-monger.

Nix
:sleep:
Nix

#6 thailover57

thailover57
  • Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 09:40 PM

My trips from USA get me into BKK about midnight. Taxi to Pattaya and we're looking at 1:30 or later. Jaunt through WS and a little food and back to bed. Next morning up at 11:00-ish and I'm good to go. No jet lag after that.
Old, cantankerous, and sorry if I piss you off - well, not really. Just enjoy!

#7 KendoUK

KendoUK
  • Members
  • 952 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 10:38 PM

I usually power through the first day due to the wonders to Thai Redbull and then make sure I don't have a mid afternoon nap and go out at night as normal and goto bed about 2-3am and then I'm ok on day 2.

#8 Surin Nix

Surin Nix
  • Members
  • 1,686 posts

I travel frequently and deal with jetlag issues all the time, but LOS is the grand-daddy of all time-zone changes for me (a solid 12 hour change).

With a connection in Tokyo, it's just under 24 hours door-to-door, My Country to LOS.

Although I generally follow the Petesie-Method (copyrighted) for jetlag overcummation (<--?), I find that the most tried and true method is general garden-variety suffering.

I always arrive LOS about 11 pm, and am in my hotel shortly after midnight in BKK. By then, I've enjoyed the welcome quiet of the cab ride into town, and will have drank a couple of beers along the way. It's always an enjoyable ride, but already my mind is buzzed.

The adrenaline of newly being there powers me through till about 4 in the morning, but there is a bit of a zombie-like quality that first night. I generally drink quietly and watch the world go by with very little conversation.

I've learned that I can get into quite a funk those first few days, and have learned to anticipate it, reminding myself that it's temporary and will pass. Then, usually on about the 4th or 5th day, my mood always seems to lighten and I have a sense of being all-better.

Next trip, knowing all the above, I'm going to go to BKK, check into a nicer hotel than I usually do, and basically lay low, keep hydrated (in between beers), and not overplan or over-monger.

Nix
Nix

#9 thailover57

thailover57
  • Members
  • 1,291 posts

My trips from USA get me into BKK about midnight. Taxi to Pattaya and we're looking at 1:30 or later. Jaunt through WS and a little food and back to bed. Next morning up at 11:00-ish and I'm good to go. No jet lag after that.

#10 KendoUK

KendoUK
  • Members
  • 952 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 10:38 PM

I usually power through the first day due to the wonders to Thai Redbull and then make sure I don't have a mid afternoon nap and go out at night as normal and goto bed about 2-3am and then I'm ok on day 2.

#11 Surin Nix

Surin Nix
  • Members
  • 1,686 posts

Nix
Nix

#12 thailover57

thailover57
  • Members
  • 1,291 posts

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci